Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Arena setups in Cata

Ok, so I didn't see any other threads about this so I made a new one.

Will you guys still play arena, or will it be RBG's only?
    Since I play an Enha sham I'm still thinking of playing beastcleave again with 2 friends(yeye is OP)
    Think it will be easier than ever to tunnel a healer.
    So, what about you guys, any plans, theorycrafts, a never before seen setup perhaps?

Speculate on:>

Deleted
    For 2 v 2 i would go Mage(Me) + Rogue/DK , just to try it out dont know how it will work in cata.

In 3 v 3 i would do Mage + Lock + Pala , think it is quite faceroll really good CC and Survivability =)

I don't think Beastcleave will work very well anymore. Since Beast Within no longer makes the hunter immune to forms of CC, the ability to sport 2 players who you are unable to stop for a good 10/20 seconds will no longer be possible.

I myself may attempt to run Ele Sham/Shad Priest and some form of healer :3

Deleted
    I don't think Beastcleave will work very well anymore. Since Beast Within no longer makes the hunter immune to forms of CC, the ability to sport 2 players who you are unable to stop for a good 10/20 seconds will no longer be possible.

Oof I didn't know that, I took a few months off prior to Cata and I just got back last week:P
    Well then, I'll go searching for a new setup^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't see enhance being a viable spec in cata. It isn't really a globaling fest like WoTLK. Melee/Caster/Healer is going to be really strong. Melee for the 10 second interrupt, caster to do the ccing, and healer... you know heals

retpally
    enhancement shammy
    holy priest

is definately gonna rock "to the ground"...

i shall call this setup rehly piest

the 2nd best will be
    fury
    any hunter
    which are carried by a moonkin
    Last edited by Daladiesman; 2010-11-20 at 06:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daladiesman View Post
    retpally
    enhancement shammy
    holy priest

Aye, with speedboost every 15 sec on group members!

Ret on crack is going to be fun...

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post

I myself may attempt to run Ele Sham/Shad Priest and some form of healer :3
    but everyone can dispel now. so i think blizz is trying to make it so any comps are viable, not just specific combinations.

---------- Post added 2010-11-20 at 06:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Resies View Post
    RMP for 3's.
    rmp is gona hurt, i think theres more burst. rogue got more survivability. mage got more damage and got BL. disc priest mastery is op. its gona hurt but alot of rmp still revolves around the mage being good and the priest is gona have to dispel ALOT.
    Last edited by DiscoGhost; 2010-11-20 at 06:26 PM.

I was first thinking about playing Shaman/Priest+Warrior+me (Rogue), since the stuns do not share a DR. However, teaming up with a DK might be interesting aswell, since his healing absorb can stack without limit, having me Garrote+Kidneyshot the enemy healer while he stacks up the absorb seems to be really powerfull.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to keep playing Arms Warrior + Resto Shaman + Holy Pally with 2 really good friends of mine. It has been my favourite 3v3 setup since I started playing WoW in season 3, and I've tried it out every season. Was my main setup in season 3, 7 and 8. It was never very good in WotLK, though. We were the top team on our BG with the setup for a while (not counting those that ran with ele shammys) at ~2300 team rating. Really looking forward to Cata as it seems like this setup once again will be somewhat good. Resto Shaman and Holy Paladin both bring awesome support to me as a Warrior, and they are able to dispel CC from each other now that Shaman can dispel magic.

It seems like the slower pace of cata also will fit the Resto Shaman's and my playstyles very well. I usually outdamage other warriors by lots (though, I'm not very good at using my CC offensively, I tend to use it defensively to keep my team alive in a tricky situation. So, that dmg didn't always lead to a kill in WotLK), and the resto shaman I play with is insane at mana management (seriously, I don't think I've ever seen him go oom in 3v3... played with him since start of wotlk). As it seems atm, Cata arena will be a lot more about heavy pressure and mana than in WotLK (and less about blowing someone up in a single CC), kinda like it was back in TBC, and I'm really looking forward to that.
    Last edited by Arka90; 2010-11-20 at 06:37 PM.

I prolly will go with Destro/afflic (me) Restodruid & mage or Rogue

boomkin+rogue(me) for 2s....

boomkin+dis priest(me)+ret pally/rogue for 3s...

Looking forward to cata...

will feral druids finally be as competitive as rogues?

mage/lock/doomkin, timer warp, 111, profit!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strategos View Post
    will feral druids finally be as competitive as rogues?
    right now, ya. im thinking resto sham/feral is gona hurt.

i really wana try boomer/spriest in 2s.
    lots of snares and silences. healers will die.

Mage/Rogue/Druid or Pally and Spriest/Elesham/Druid are gonna be my primary comps probably. Possibly a Mage/War/Druid team though

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    but everyone can dispel now. so i think blizz is trying to make it so any comps are viable, not just specific combinations.

---------- Post added 2010-11-20 at 06:23 PM ----------

rmp is gona hurt, i think theres more burst. rogue got more survivability. mage got more damage and got BL. disc priest mastery is op. its gona hurt but alot of rmp still revolves around the mage being good and the priest is gona have to dispel ALOT.
    Mage also have a new AOE stun, rogues have an AOE LOS they can cast, PW:B = 30% reduction of damage and no knock backs on casting, and finally you can yank teammates around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resies View Post
    Mage also have a new AOE stun, rogues have an AOE LOS they can cast, PW:B = 30% reduction of damage and no knock backs on casting, and finally you can yank teammates around.
    ya, that new wall of fog, smoke bomb, barrier+life grip. rmp is gona hurt, big time. good thing i have a rogue and a priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daladiesman View Post
    retpally
    enhancement shammy
    holy priest

i shall call this setup rehly piest

the 2nd best will be
    fury
    any hunter
    which are carried by a moonkin
    Double melee cleaves are gonna be trash. Don't have any CC which is what the game is going to be all about. Might work in the 2k bracket.

---------- Post added 2010-11-20 at 07:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arka90 View Post
    I'm going to keep playing Arms Warrior + Resto Shaman + Holy Pally with 2 really good friends of mine. It has been my favourite 3v3 setup since I started playing WoW in season 3, and I've tried it out every season. Was my main setup in season 3, 7 and 8. It was never very good in WotLK, though. We were the top team on our BG with the setup for a while (not counting those that ran with ele shammys) at ~2300 team rating. Really looking forward to Cata as it seems like this setup once again will be somewhat good. Resto Shaman and Holy Paladin both bring awesome support to me as a Warrior, and they are able to dispel CC from each other now that Shaman can dispel magic.

It seems like the slower pace of cata also will fit the Resto Shaman's and my playstyles very well. I usually outdamage other warriors by lots (though, I'm not very good at using my CC offensively, I tend to use it defensively to keep my team alive in a tricky situation. So, that dmg didn't always lead to a kill in WotLK), and the resto shaman I play with is insane at mana management (seriously, I don't think I've ever seen him go oom in 3v3... played with him since start of wotlk). As it seems atm, Cata arena will be a lot more about heavy pressure and mana than in WotLK (and less about blowing someone up in a single CC), kinda like it was back in TBC, and I'm really looking forward to that.
    Sorry to say but double healer warrior wont be viable. Wont be putting out enough damage without that 50% MS. (If you face a warlock he will just spam drain mana and eventually make both your healers go OOM) Also hoping Spell cleaves aren't as viable either.

2s look unbalanced which is to be expected every season since arena has been around.