Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm going to run double mage in twos, mage/spriest/resto druid in threes on my mage. On the lock, probably lock/rogue and rls if I can find a shammy. RMP is going to be really powerful but disc sucks atm. If they can fix them then I'll play that like I have every season so far.

Quote Originally Posted by lawlpoo View Post
    Double melee cleaves are gonna be trash. Don't have any CC which is what the game is going to be all about. Might work in the 2k bracket.[COLOR="red"]

i was being sarcastic :P

Deleted
    Well tbh, i don't want to see anymore spellcleave crap in arena, and certainly no OP prot.
    I really hope ranged+melee+healer setups will be the most competative

RMP > all I guess. They all just seem too strong together, and add Bloodlust. Or beastcleave, with Bloodlust even without a shaman.

i heard spriest/mage/hpally is pretty strong 3's comp. and that Discipline priests are actually pretty weak right now =/ so not sure about RMP.

Quote Originally Posted by lawlpoo View Post
    I can't see enhance being a viable spec in cata. It isn't really a globaling fest like WoTLK. Melee/Caster/Healer is going to be really strong. Melee for the 10 second interrupt, caster to do the ccing, and healer... you know heals
    Frost Mages make every comp, better. Hell maybe do a 3v3 with 3 Frost mages you will go 300-0!

Deleted
    I play arms warrior, and atm im not quite sure which combo's are great since i dont play beta.

But i have some in my mind, and def going to try warr,mage n resto druid (maybe paly) cus of the cc, survival and burst.
    Tho im not quite sure which healer class would match that combo, druids are op atm ( if you know how to play them ofc ) and paladins can get really nasty as well.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyroz View Post
    I play arms warrior, and atm im not quite sure which combo's are great since i dont play beta.

But i have some in my mind, and def going to try warr,mage n resto druid (maybe paly) cus of the cc, survival and burst.
    Tho im not quite sure which healer class would match that combo, druids are op atm ( if you know how to play them ofc ) and paladins can get really nasty as well.
    ive been hearing that a resto druid is the best healer for tsg atm.

---------- Post added 2010-11-22 at 04:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    Frost Mages make every comp, better. Hell maybe do a 3v3 with 3 Frost mages you will go 300-0!
    your signature made my day.

---------- Post added 2010-11-22 at 04:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ambivalent View Post
    i heard spriest/mage/hpally is pretty strong 3's comp. and that Discipline priests are actually pretty weak right now =/ so not sure about RMP.
    RMP is gona rock people. rmp got: wall of fog, smoke bomb, lifegrip, power word barrier, and bloodlust. theres mroe offense but ive heard the same that disc is kinda weak compared to others. ill end up rolling either way, disc or shadow, what ever will get me a better rating. but i like shadow far more
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    I'm kind of worried about the whole mage BL "incident". Who except friends would want an enha shaman now, when they can get a frostmage:<

15+ Year Old Account
    Very probably:

2's: Holy Pala / Feral Druid
    3's: Holy Pala / Feral Druid / Warrior
    5's: Pass
    RBG: Pass

Deleted
    what u guys think about

Holy pala and warrior for 2v2 ?

good ? bad?

Holy pala +Mage better? worse?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ruibullseye View Post
    what u guys think about

Holy pala and warrior for 2v2 ?

good ? bad?

Holy pala +Mage better? worse?
    Holy Pala/Warrior will never be bad. It actually was pretty insane the last few seasons.

Holy Pala/Mage will probably always be worse, but due to the MS nerfs I can see alot more viable comps coming, so who knows.

Prot Paladin / Lock / Holy Paladin

Prot Paladin / Lock / Disc Priest

CC and burst I will try that
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Quote Originally Posted by Rubzje View Post
    I'm kind of worried about the whole mage BL "incident". Who except friends would want an enha shaman now, when they can get a frostmage:<
    Haha outside of beastcleave did anyone ever want enhance shams?

Before beta closed Enchance Shamans were topping the meters and did a lot fo dmg in both pve and pvp...I wouldn't take them lightly in PVP.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Deleted
    another question, between Warrior and DK or hunter. what suits best with holy pala ? for 2v2
    Last edited by mmoc97c04e2884; 2010-11-27 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strategos View Post
    will feral druids finally be as competitive as rogues?
    Absolutly, ferals got better cc and better mobility imo.
    Rogues got better def cds though.
    Since wound is only 10% now to i dont see why feral would be any worse off then rogues.

Deleted
    ppl. what u guys can tell me about warrior and feral for 2v2?
    with a holy pala partner

well first of all 2v2 doesn't matter or take skill. anyways the best comps for 3v3 will be MLS, WLD, Shadowcleave, MLP, and LSD but with a Feral druid. Also Healer/Mage or Feral/anything should be really stong. Probably the strongest class atm before beta closed was feral shortly followed by mages. They just seem amazing, they just don't have good synergy with eachother.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...d&cn=Brickslol
    Hopefully Glad Season 9!!! RLS WOO!!!

p.s. 2s and 5s take little to no skill, just good pve gear

rmp is gona hurt, i think theres more burst. rogue got more survivability. mage got more damage and got BL. disc priest mastery is op. its gona hurt but alot of rmp still revolves around the mage being good and the priest is gona have to dispel ALOT.
    RMP isn't going to work unless you mean Rogue/Mage/Paladin. Healing priests are in the absolute worst state right now, and you can even see so for yourself when 85 comes out.

Sorry to say but double healer warrior wont be viable. Wont be putting out enough damage without that 50% MS. (If you face a warlock he will just spam drain mana and eventually make both your healers go OOM) Also hoping Spell cleaves aren't as viable either.

2s look unbalanced which is to be expected every season since arena has been around.
    If you haven't been following beta, Warriors can pretty much 100-30% someone in a throwdown with solid procs. It'll be a very common occurrence to see 20-30k mortal strikes in PvP (meaning through resilience). Double-healer will be very strong, especially with Resto Shaman/Paladin (those being the two strongest healing classes in beta right now).

Double melee cleaves are gonna be trash. Don't have any CC which is what the game is going to be all about. Might work in the 2k bracket.
    Double-melee cleaves are going to be way stronger than you think. The fact that they don't have spammable CC like mages/locks/druids doesn't mean that they don't have CC. Throwdown+Strang+Gnaw or Pounce+Maim+Strang or whatever combination you can think of will still be enough to force considerable amount of cooldowns and/or score a kill.

---------- Post added 2010-11-27 at 11:25 PM ----------

SPriest/Mage/Resto shaman would still be best. Triple offensive purges in a game with incredibly reduced dispel protection may be a bit overkill, but shocks/grounds are still going to be incredibly important for a Shadow Priest, even if the mage already supplies bloodlust. It's basically gives your teammates more time to freecast and setup CC.

Warrior/Mage/Paladin is your best bet. Paladins still for supporting your warrior/keeping him offensive. Resto druids are far from OP atm, due to their lack of dispel protection (basically if you face the previously mentioned SP/Mage/RShaman team, you should have zero healing done from HoTs, and in fact even one of them is enough to clean a druid's hots off and murder him), and their susceptibility to being switched to is going to awful due to not being able to lifebloom (basically their biggest form of dispel protection) multiple targets at once.

Prot Paladin / Lock / Holy Paladin

Prot Paladin / Lock / Disc Priest

CC and burst I will try that
    Protribution/Lock/Resto Shaman. Your first one stacks a class, which is pretty pointless because then the only thing the holy paladin brings is healing. The second one would be okay if not for the extremely sore state of discipline priests right now.

another question, between Warrior and DK or hunter. what suits best with holy pala ? for 2v2
    Warrior and DK are both solid. Whatever you can find a better player of tbqh. Hunters not so much. They didn't even pair well with HPal's in 2v2 that well before 4.0.

well first of all 2v2 doesn't matter or take skill. anyways the best comps for 3v3 will be MLS, WLD, Shadowcleave, MLP, and LSD but with a Feral druid. Also Healer/Mage or Feral/anything should be really stong. Probably the strongest class atm before beta closed was feral shortly followed by mages. They just seem amazing, they just don't have good synergy with eachother.
    Feral RMP actually isn't that bad, and I see the strongest combo coming into S9 with current changes to be Feral/Mage/RShaman(HPal). The other comps you listed are also going to be incredibly strong though, we'll have to wait and see. Though until Druids get better dispel protection it's likely SCleave/WLD will be played with holy paladins.
    Last edited by Tarin; 2010-11-28 at 07:27 AM.