Poll: Who is more powerful with the Arcane? The Alliance or the Horde?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I've always thought of the Alliance as more magic-oriented, and the Horde as more combat-oriented.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayfow View Post
    What's the point of playing an easy game? When did this huge subset of people come to video games, wanting not a challenge, but some kind of interactive facebook type thing with spells?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenshiva View Post
    Again, past actions of certain individual or historical implications don't particularly apply to the current races.

The Blood Elves are not the highbourne. Their magical orientation has changed during that tame as well.
    Neither alliance NOR horde is superior. In the current time line, faction heroes and adventurers aside, the forces are pretty much balanced in all aspects.
    I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakusai View Post
    I've always thought of the Alliance as more magic-oriented, and the Horde as more combat-oriented.
    That changed to some degree when Blood Elves joined to Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cenarius View Post
    I'm not trying to turn this into another all out Horde vs. Alliance thread but:
    Lets rate strength on a scale of 1-3 with 2 being the power of an average human

Orcs 3
    Tauren 3
    Trolls 2.5
    Undead 2
    Goblins 1
    Blood Elves 2

Humans 2
    Dwarves 2.5
    Draenei 3
    Worgen 3
    Gnomes 1
    Night Elves 2

but then you have to take into consideration that Draenei and Worgen aren't exactly the most populated races.
    How can orcs/worgen even come close to Tauren and Draenei in strenght? Bigger is better bro(and don't say ''bah it's fat''..they're all muscle)
    Same for undead(bones+skin) and blood elves being as strong as humans

---------- Post added 2010-11-30 at 10:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    I agree with you.

That changed to some degree when Blood Elves joined to Horde.
    and got back when The Silver Enclave joined the Alliance Forces in Northrend

15+ Year Old Account
    High elves are basically elves that played around with arcane and got so much powerful they got Sargeras' attention. High Elves taught magic to humans. Later they called themselves Bloodelves after loosing many of their people in war. They are addicted to it.

Simply put: Who is better at using drugs than an addict?
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cenarius View Post
    I'm not trying to turn this into another all out Horde vs. Alliance thread but:
    Lets rate strength on a scale of 1-3 with 2 being the power of an average human

Orcs 3
    Tauren 3
    Trolls 2.5
    Undead 2
    Goblins 1
    Blood Elves 2

Humans 2
    Dwarves 2.5
    Draenei 3
    Worgen 3
    Gnomes 1
    Night Elves 2

but then you have to take into consideration that Draenei and Worgen aren't exactly the most populated races.
    Both Goblin and Dwarfs would be a 3 and dranei would be a 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    Both Goblin and Dwarfs would be a 3 and dranei would be a 2.5
    let's leave personal and speculative numbers out of this. None of those numbers have any real value. (i'm refering to lord cenarius' numbers as well of course)
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    How can orcs/worgen even come close to Tauren and Draenei in strenght? Bigger is better bro(and don't say ''bah it's fat''..they're all muscle)
    Same for undead(bones+skin) and blood elves being as strong as humans
    Orcs are just that strong an dense. And as for undead... what ar you talking about, they are out of equation here, because it's not blood and muscle that makes them move, it's necromantic magic/energy. We don't know how powerful it is really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Orcs are just that strong an dense. And as for undead... what ar you talking about, they are out of equation here, because it's not blood and muscle that makes them move, it's necromantic magic/energy. We don't know how powerful it is really.
    some sources say, undead beeing stronger than normal humans due to them not feeling pain... or less, something like this, while other sources say they are weaker because they rot....

yeah... can´t really say what is true... and that goes for other races aswell, not to that degree, but still..

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    and got back when The Silver Enclave joined the Alliance Forces in Northrend
    Silver Convenant is only small portion of High Elves. And it is knows that High Elf population is only 10% of survivours from Silvermoon. And to even reduce this. Silver Convenant consists mainly of Dalaran high elves. This does not include high elves on Theramore, Stormwind and now even those pilgrims on Quel'Danas. All in all there is not more then 25k high elves. While there should be a bit over 170k Blood Elves. This is info from old lore book but lets think this numbers are still valid at least to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenshiva View Post
    Biased much? I've already pointed out in the past that you're lore is actually in 9/10times you biased PoV not taking into account timeline or other circumstances. This reply just proves it. Just because in the time The Eredar appear first, doesn't mean they are THE MOST powerful.

Also FYI draenei are NOT eredar anymore, just as blood elves are NOT high elves anymore.
    Blood elves -> the High elves that sided with kael'thas.
    Draenei-> The untainted eredar that fled argus.

seeing you talk about lore makes me cry.
    Blood Elves ARE High elves tho, just with a different name.

Its like if i decide i dont want to be Human anymore and i call myself a chicklepea, i still look like a human, im still made of the same stuff a human is, the only thing that seperates one from the other is a made up name.

Blood Elves used to be High Elves, they then spent a long time feeding off the Sunwell, and are not addicted to magical energy, the High Elves are not, as they didnt spend all that time with the Sunwell. Yes the Blood Elves used to be called High elves until they were attacked by the Scourge, but not all High Elves were at the Sunwell.
    If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Water is Life

Quote Originally Posted by Devidose View Post
    Blood Elves used to be High Elves, they then spent a long time feeding off the Sunwell, and are not addicted to magical energy, the High Elves are not, as they didnt spend all that time with the Sunwell. Yes the Blood Elves used to be called High elves until they were attacked by the Scourge, but not all High Elves were at the Sunwell.
    But they are still High Elves.
    If i call myself a Chicklepea then take crack, im still a human.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Blood Elves ARE High elves tho, just with a different name.

Its like if i decide i dont want to be Human anymore and i call myself a chicklepea, i still look like a human, im still made of the same stuff a human is, the only thing that seperates one from the other is a made up name.
    Then why are their eyes glowing green?

No, because you as an individual taking a substance and developing an addition does not cause a differentiation between you and other humans. If a group of humans were to start taking a substance and through repetitive use develope differently in a biological standpoint, then you have something else, as is the case here with Blood Elves. They're a founder event of the original High Elves who split in several groups; Night Elves, and the numerous High Elves, including those that eventually became Blood Elves.
    If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Water is Life

Then why are their eyes glowing green?
    Mutation isnt it?

Actually, according to WoWwiki, the eyes are not supposed to be that green, its so people can tell the difference between the Blood Elves and High Elves

15+ Year Old Account
    Mutation isnt it?

Actually, according to WoWwiki, the eyes are not supposed to be that green, its so people can tell the difference between the Blood Elves and High Elves
    And I heard they have quite changed since those years of feeding of fel magic. Doesn't a mutation of every single blood elf make them... slightly different, not just by name?

And I heard they have quite changed since those years of feeding of fel magic. Doesn't a mutation of every single blood elf make them... slightly different, not just by name?
    So, anyone with an abnormal growth or ratiation poisioning isnt Human?

Just because they have a slight (And it is a very slight) difference caused by a drug, doesnt make them a completely different race.

Deleted
    Hi everyone
    If all the oh mighty Lore lords had any intention of proven them self right against anyone who claim something wrong, then why don't you prove yourself by making a post which have sources all the way. (Now sorry if there should be one person who have done this between page 8 and page 18).
    Build it up so you say:
    According to this book, page x, linen y: Arcane mages bla bla bla.
    Then you would have a real discussion with secure material. What been going on as long as I have read is just calming stuff reference to THE LORE and perhaps if you are lucky a single book now and then.
    So ppl if you have any intention of being right, post direct source

Sorry for being an arrogant shithead, but it had to be said (and have in fact been mentioned several times during this threat).
    (and sorry for possible hard sucking grammar)

Just because they have a slight (And it is a very slight) difference caused by a drug, doesnt make them a completely different race.
    blood elves are by all standards not high elven anymore. The only High elves still alive are the ones in Theramore and in the alliance. And probably a few scattered around the world faction-less.
    The Silvermoon elves are blood elves, they also changed their main focus from frost (high elves studies) to fire magic.

If anything , High elves and Blood elves are both Highborne rather than Blood elves being High elves.
    RL example would be Highborne = human, whereas Belf = American and Helf = Brit.

---------- Post added 2010-12-01 at 07:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Syxz View Post
    Hi everyone
    If all the oh mighty Lore lords had any intention of proven them self right against anyone who claim something wrong, then why don't you prove yourself by making a post which have sources all the way. (Now sorry if there should be one person who have done this between page 8 and page 18).
    Build it up so you say:
    According to this book, page x, linen y: Arcane mages bla bla bla.
    Then you would have a real discussion with secure material. What been going on as long as I have read is just calming stuff reference to THE LORE and perhaps if you are lucky a single book now and then.
    So ppl if you have any intention of being right, post direct source

Sorry for being an arrogant shithead, but it had to be said (and have in fact been mentioned several times during this threat).
    (and sorry for possible hard sucking grammar)
    don't you think you're being a bit ignorant here? it's not like everyone has all the books at home. Even less spend 2hours reading through the book to find the proper paragraph.
    Wowwiki and wowpedia work just as that. a summary of the things written in those books for easy access. I doubt you go reading a whole psychology manual just to find that one definition you need. Also. that's not really that hard to "fake", considering that most of the things mentioned on the wiki. have a number next to them that has a link to the book its written in, and in some cases the page mentioned as well.
    Last edited by Frozenshiva; 2010-12-01 at 08:01 AM.
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.

15+ Year Old Account

Are supermutants in Fallout human? Because they were all humans that got mutated. I believe if a vast population gets an identical mutation, they can be considered another race. It's just a next step on a path from NE and Higborne.