Poll: Who is more powerful with the Arcane? The Alliance or the Horde?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didnt want to bring this up, and im suprised noone else did, but ive naught to say but one word... "Rhonin".

I'd agree mostly with that Lord Cenarius, but I'd defintly give the Dwarves a 3.
    Trolls are not as strong as Dwarves, there is just no way.
    My ratings would be on a scale of 1-4
    I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible.

Orcs 3
    Tauren 4
    Trolls 2.5
    Undead 2
    Goblins 1
    Blood Elves 1

Humans 2
    Dwarves 4
    Draenei 3
    Worgen 4+
    Gnomes 1
    Night Elves 3

Quote Originally Posted by mrmicky View Post
    Horde, becuase of BEs being so uber cool.
    lol
    ...I do like their hair though.

Quote Originally Posted by Norgannon the Dreamweaver View Post
    I remember reading somewhere that elves were slightly weaker then humans with steangth, but yet more agile. Refering to High Elves and Blood Elves.
    Yea, I'd say High/Blood Elves are more physically weaker than Humans, but Night Elves are very strong.
    Last edited by Fiddlesnarf; 2010-11-21 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshmaul View Post
    Not content to deal with the logical people of SoL, so you're going to the troll-feeding frenzy, eh?
    Nah, the people on SoL were kinda.. Weird. I wanted to post on a better and more understanding place. MMO Champion is that spot. PS, I is not a troll mon. xD

Quote Originally Posted by SheoTheGoth View Post
    I didnt want to bring this up, and im suprised noone else did, but ive naught to say but one word... "Rhonin".
    Neutral ruler of dalaran and consort of the consort of alexstraza.

key word, neutral.

second part is that he has his own faction with a mobilizing raptor army that is truly the most practiced in the ways of the arcane.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    I'd agree mostly with that Lord Cenarius, but I'd defintly give the Dwarves a 3.

Orcs 3
    Tauren 4
    Trolls 2.5
    Undead 2
    Goblins 1
    Blood Elves 1

Humans 2
    Dwarves 4
    Draenei 3
    Worgen 3
    Gnomes 1
    Night Elves 3

lol

Yea, I'd say High/Blodd Elves are more physically weaker than Humans, but Night Elves are very strong.
    Werewolfs are not strong there fast also there racials and mount even suggest there fast not strong they even have a elf back flip.
    Last edited by turlyonlost to tirion wtf; 2010-11-21 at 12:24 AM.
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

Deleted
    I'd say the Alliance now that we've got the original Highbourne, humans and scattered High Elves

A 80kg Black Belt Tae Kwon do/ Jiu Jitsu proffesional will still own a 150kg boxer. The belves has the Black Belt in the arcane, compared to the humans.

Deleted
    1. You suck at lore.
    2. High Elves practice the arcane as much as belves.
    3. The Draenei in lore actualy practice the arcane a lot still, but you probobly don't look up lore that much if you don't know that.
    4. The Highborne in Dire Maul in lore were one of the most powerful sects of magi 10,000 years ago, their library containing A LOT of arcane. If you look in game, they are still protecting vast amounts of magic.
    5. Dalaran and the Kirin Tor may be neutral, but favor the Alliance.
    6. The Draenei who are mages are mostly over 10,000 years old. Sorry buddy, immortal draenei beats elves who mostly die at 300, and or can live to 2000.
    7. Lore wise, the elves were shocked to discover humans skills at magic, just as skilled as the elves, they even noted that the humans could summon more raw magic then they could, but stil lthe elves had better control. So humans = powerhouse. Elves = controllers
    8. As for Gilneans, it does not matter, humans everywhere have been known to be mages. Good and bad.
    HAHAHAHA, your only comeback is saying I suck in lore? If you had any idea whatsoever, you'ld realise that
    1. unlike the High Elves, the Blood Elves continued the (ab)use of magic when the Sunwell was destroyed, by finding other ways to practice magic, the High Elves had to meditate to stop their dependance on magic, and with no other sources, their power waned.
    2. the Draenei are the followers of Velen, a follower of the Naaru(beings of pure holy energy), the arcane users mostly joined up with KJ and Archimonde, they center around Holy energy and the Naaru, making the amount of magi rather small. Point me to where the Draenei are shown to use practice a lot of arcane.
    3. Perhaps you don't realise the origin of the High/Blood Elves, but they are just as much decendants of the Highbourne as the ones from Shendralar are, the difference being that the High/Blood Elves practiced their magic excessively, while the Shendralar went into hiding and had to suck on demons and eachother to be able to live with the addiction.
    4. The Draenei with thousands of years of experience, got squashed like a bugs against the Orcs(who rarely reach higher than 100years), proving that age doesn't always mean they're stronger. Also, Anasterian ruled Quel'Thalas for 3000 years, he probably didn't start when he was a kid and he wasn't an such old man when he got killed, so it's safe to say the High/Blood Elves easily live longer than 2000 years, I doubt there's actually a case where they die of old age. There's even a possibility that Dath'remar Sunstrider(leader of the Highbourne) was still alive at the time of the Scourge invasion.
    5. So the humans can summon up power that they can't control? sure, that can't possibly go wrong.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrine of Dath'Remar
    Here stands the shrine of Dath'Remar, a fitting tribute to a noble elf. Let all who gaze on this monument remember his sacrifice against the Scourge and his dedication to the cause of our continued survival. All who prosper in Quel'Thalas do so thanks to him.
    Last edited by mmoceb869bdf1d; 2010-11-21 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible.

Orcs 3
    Tauren 4
    Trolls 2.5
    Undead 2
    Goblins 1
    Blood Elves 1

Humans 2
    Dwarves 4
    Draenei 3
    Worgen 4+
    Gnomes 1
    Night Elves 3

lol
    ...I do like their hair though.

Yea, I'd say High/Blood Elves are more physically weaker than Humans, but Night Elves are very strong.
    Trolls are lore-wise as strong or stronger than an orc, if memory serves me right.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    Trolls are lore-wise as strong or stronger than an orc, if memory serves me right.
    Trolls maybe but darkspeare are were cast out for being weak.
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

I am going to list magical ranking for each race. Listing from 0.1 to 3. Also, I will not tell you why I give such races these ranks, I wrote them on the very first post on this thread.

The Alliance:
    Humans - 3
    High Elves - 3
    Draenei - 3
    Highborne - 3
    Worgen - 3
    Gnomes - 2.5
    Dwarves - 2

The Horde:
    Blood Elves - 3
    Forsaken - 3
    Orcs - 2 or 2.5
    Goblins - 2
    Trolls - 2
    Tauren- 1

After recent events its equal standings with the Kirin Tor. 1 member of the 6 is a Blood elf, the other krassius( red dragon) has a very strong connection to the elves, but being a dragon he sides with knowone. Like it or not Dal is getting a strong Elvern presence and it will stay that way. Kael was a long standing member of the Kirin Tor.

On the topic tho, Night elves dont practice Arcane magic because it was forbiddin, and since there connection to the well was cut off there arcane magic advantage has all but gone. The Blood elves/High Elves had there own well of arcane magic greatly increasing there magic use. Blood Elves/ High Elves were the strongest Arcane Users for a time. Its hard to say which side is stronger in arcane magic, since it is greatly diminishing within races. Elves have taken up holy power over arcane, ne's use nature over arcane. Its mainly the Magi that practice in arcane arts and most of them are in Dal or some form of seperate faction. If the BE's werent wiped out then they would still by far hold the power over arcane only because of there close connection to the sunwell, Fountain of arcane Magic.

I am going to list magical ranking for each race. Listing from 0.1 to 3. Also, I will not tell you why I give such races these ranks, I wrote them on the very first post on this thread.

The Alliance:
    Humans - 3
    High Elves - 3
    Draenei - 3
    Highborne - 3
    Worgen - 3
    Gnomes - 2.5
    Dwarves - 2

The Horde:
    Blood Elves - 3
    Forsaken - 3
    Orcs - 2 or 2.5
    Goblins - 2
    Trolls - 2
    Tauren- 1
    aside from the fact that you combined high elves and highborne (the same group with ifferent political beliefs) you did basically what I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Knight Reyson View Post
    HAHAHAHA, your only comeback is saying I suck in lore? If you had any idea whatsoever, you'ld realise that
    1. unlike the High Elves, the Blood Elves continued the (ab)use of magic when the Sunwell was destroyed, by finding other ways to practice magic, the High Elves had to meditate to stop their dependance on magic, and with no other sources, their power waned.
    2. the Draenei are the followers of Velen, a follower of the Naaru(beings of pure holy energy), the arcane users mostly joined up with KJ and Archimonde, they center around Holy energy and the Naaru, making the amount of magi rather small. Point me to where the Draenei are shown to use practice a lot of arcane.
    3. Perhaps you don't realise the origin of the High/Blood Elves, but they are just as much decendants of the Highbourne as the ones from Shendralar are, the difference being that the High/Blood Elves practiced their magic excessively, while the Shendralar went into hiding and had to suck on demons and eachother to be able to live with the addiction.
    4. The Draenei with thousands of years of experience, got squashed like a bugs against the Orcs(who rarely reach higher than 100years), proving that age doesn't always mean they're stronger. Also, Anasterian ruled Quel'Thalas for 3000 years, he probably didn't start when he was a kid and he wasn't an such old man when he got killed, so it's safe to say the High/Blood Elves easily live longer than 2000 years, I doubt there's actually a case where they die of old age. There's even a possibility that Dath'remar Sunstrider(leader of the Highbourne) was still alive at the time of the Scourge invasion.
    5. So the humans can summon up power that they can't control? sure, that can't possibly go wrong.
    Not even going to get into back talking, I don't like back talking.

1. You're wrong. High Elves only meditate so they can control their magical thirst, they never stopped practicing magic, they are still on equal terms with the Blood Elves.

2 It is never stated that all ( most ) the arcane users went and joined the Burning Legion. And look on sites and books if you want your proof. The Draenei practice the arcane as much as the light, though they worship the light as a relegion.

3. Highborne did indeed go into hiding, the High Elves evolved off of them, but the Shen'Dralar studied their magic within their libraries. They gained immortality through the demon they had captive, making them older then any other Blood Elf alive, making them more knowledgable then the belves, and thus more powerful.

4. When has it been stated he ruled for 3000 years? Look in the books, it says they live mostly to 300, and rarely 2000. And the orcs had the Burning Legions aid when they defeated the draenei, something that is more powerful then them. It is true, age does not mean power, but in this case, over 10,000 years does, it is common sense. Also, the orcs outnumbered the draenei at that time.

5. I never said they didn't have the control to use their vast raw magic, they just don't have the control the elves do.
    Last edited by Norgannon the Dreamweaver; 2010-11-21 at 12:38 AM.

Horde is Shamanism and Fel magic

In between is nature

Alliance is Holy and Arcane
    Last edited by surafang; 2010-11-21 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    aside from the fact that you combined high elves and highborne (the same group with ifferent political beliefs) you did basically what I expected.
    Are you trolling me..? -_-

Aint the arcane powers of the belf corrupted by fel magic? Cause they have grren eye cause of the fel magic.
    But nelfs almost destroyed the world with there arcane power that says enough for me.
    In arcane cale 1-5

Horde:
    Orc: 2
    Tauren: 1
    Troll: 3
    UD: 3,5
    BElf: 5
    Goblin: 2

Alliance:
    Human: 5
    Nelf: 5
    Dwarf: 2
    Gnome: 2
    Draenei: 3,5
    Worgen: 2(i think since they become more feral so less mental powers)

Even tho I gonna roll a "weak" dwarf mage wen i can

10+ Year Old Account
    Probobly due to people only thinking they win due to belves magical architecture, which proves they know nothing of lore. And trust me, I have seen people think belves beat everything with magic only due to their magical architecture, bothering to even look up lore proving the Alliance beat them.
    They beat them because the race simply is the most skilled of all the playable ones with the arcane, corroborated by the WRPG.

Blood Elves may be skilled, but the vastly outnumbering size of Human mages make it so that there are more notable human mages.
    You've no idea what Human populational size. Even if it -were- true, it'd be a matter of quality vs quantity, and many weak magi are no substitute for a few powerful ones.

Nope, they're actually on par with Humans in terms of strength. They're a little frailer, however, but make up for it with higher agility.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2010-11-21 at 12:43 AM.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Deleted
    4. When has it been stated he ruled for 3000 years? Look in the books, it says they live mostly to 300, and rarely 2000.
    Didn't Anasterian reign during the Troll Wars, 3000 years ago when the first 100 Human magi were trained?

And aren't Goblins supposed to be quite beefy, like lift a grown man with one arm strong, wasn't there something about that in the last thread?
    Last edited by mmocb2730f036e; 2010-11-21 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    They beat them because the race simply is the most skilled of all the playable ones with the arcane, corroborated by the WRPG.

And in other books they say they are equal with magic. So your point is not true.