Mage popularity in Cata

I've been wanting to roll a caster for Cata, since I've pretty much tanked since TBC.

Question is, I've heard Mages are going to be quite popular come Cata..

Is it going to be on the line of how DKs were populated in WOTLK?

prolly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaype View Post
    I've been wanting to roll a caster for Cata, since I've pretty much tanked since TBC.

Question is, I've heard Mages are going to be quite popular come Cata..

Is it going to be on the line of how DKs were populated in WOTLK?
    No.Warriors are also quite strong and melee always gets more attention from players.

Deleted
    Seeing what kind of ppl are being attracted to class by NOW easy damage and probably best looking tier of all classes in cata... I'm scared - mages gonna be hated even more because of those ppl...

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a pretty good feeling mages will be very popular in cata. I doubt warriors will be that popular, its just now while the abilities are tuned for 85, that warriors seems so extremely good. That will most likely not be the case at 85 raiding in blues/starting epics, even though they have fixed the rage mechanics.
    Assistant (to the) Regional Manager.

There's really nothing wrong with having an overpopulated class as long as you're a solid player. A good portion of the "fotm" classes are just people who need to be that OP class to be even a little bit successful. DK's were overpopulated and a lot of them were just straight awful. The good ones still got their raid spots and whatnot, while the worse ones suffered from the overpopulation.

With that said, I don't think it'll be as big of a deal as dk's in early wotlk even if it's a little overpopulated.

Mages are cool. /end of story =)

Mages won't be nearly as OP in cata as they are on live. I doubt most people will bother to level a mage when they figure this out as they are a pain in the ass to level.

Quote Originally Posted by rtjason View Post
    Mages won't be nearly as OP in cata as they are on live. I doubt most people will bother to level a mage when they figure this out as they are a pain in the ass to level.
    So much bullshit in one post, amazing

OT: Yes mages will be popular in cata, but then again any class that is OP/FoTM will be popular thats a fact.
    Oh hi

Quote Originally Posted by rtjason View Post
    Wrong. I dont know about arcane, but both fire(because of its damage and fun factor) and frost (because of its survivability and sufficient damage) will be badass leveling specs in Cata.
    In short, /palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Frost has been the leveling spec of choice since....forever. The people laughing at you are wrath babies and should be treated the same way David Hasslehoff treats his body: with no respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostlore View Post
    Mages are cool. /end of story =)
    Unless they're Fire or Arcane.

Quote Originally Posted by litledude View Post
    Wrong. I dont know about arcane, but both fire(because of its damage and fun factor) and frost (because of its survivability and sufficient damage) will be badass leveling specs in Cata.
    In short, /palm.
    I don't think any spec was fun to level 1-60 really. Of course that was back in vanilla but I don't think it's changed a whole lot. I was talking more about leveling a mage from ground up.

---------- Post added 2010-11-21 at 08:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nzo View Post
    So much bullshit in one post, amazing

OT: Yes mages will be popular in cata, but then again any class that is OP/FoTM will be popular thats a fact.
    Mages aren't going to be as OP as everyone seems to think. Check with good beta mages on this. I'm talking about the pvp side. In either case, when wotlk launched and arc mages were OP it took them about a week to nerf them.