Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    bliz is having enough difficulties balancing 10 and 25, imagine the scale of balance challenges yr proposal would have!
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

Well they did expand their offices, and I'm sure they could give up 1 of their 18 helicopter pads

The player being able to turn up but not down under the number of current players would be hot for top guilds that get bored. Also no way would u have to change the fight depending on what class/spec joins. U just have the heath of the boss scale so that your going to have to ring more dps.. not just stack healers. Plus you could make it so more tanks are needed. Say... that if a boss had a fire resistance debuff for 20% each stack and was applied every 3 seconds. The debuff with less than 15 players would only last 15 secnds. So only 2 tanks would be needed. But in 25 man it could last 30 seconds causing the need for 3 tanks or fire resist. Your choice.

Stood in the Fire StendhalSyndrom's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Un-United States, In the newest of Yorks, on the Isle of Long, roaming the Eastern Meadows.
    A novel idea that I kinda like, but what prevents raids from grabbing only the bare minimum to get the next piece of gear? It would become very undesirable to take along those extra 4 people. It would effectively make/allow raids (more often bad ones) to drop those extras to optimize # of drops vs. players and I can't see Blizz wanting to allow raid groups to benefit like that by dropping people... But mebe w/ more tweaking this could be a possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
    "Oh yeah?" said Rhonin. "Well, I've got Reginald Whipplebottom the Fourth, here." As he said this, he brandished his right fist. "And I've got Agamemnon W. Jackson, as well," he said, indicating his left fist. "And they brought their buddy, Peter T. Thickness, the Piston of Devastation." As he said this, he did a pelvic thrust, in case it wasn't clear that he was talking about his penis.

Quote Originally Posted by Marooned View Post
    bliz is having enough difficulties balancing 10 and 25, imagine the scale of balance challenges yr proposal would have!
    But Imagine this algebraically! If you create a line for every role. Have the x values be something like number of healers, and y be the amount of damage done by a boss, then you could create a linear or polynomial graph then it could be scaled "fairly." No longer would you need to bring more or extra healers, or extra dps etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might actually be able to raid on my schedule if such a system existed... That would be nice, I fully support this idea 100%! Would be great for tuning your Raid Group. If you got a good chunk of superb members but not quite 25, and constantly trialing new members to keep boosting the guild Roster while not necessarily depending on them would be nice. (Shape up or sit) Plus, those excellent members in a group who just can't make every raid due to RL don't have to feel bad about not being able to show, nor do they have to really fear losing a spot because they'll be more then welcomed to jump in at any time
    Last edited by MildCore; 2010-11-21 at 05:02 AM.
    We're all just a bunch of nut-cases or people egging on nut-cases or people trying to rationalize with nut-cases or people accidentally trying to rationalize with eggers and we all decided for ourselves who each other are. I've returned to deciding that we're all just a bunch of nut-cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Marooned View Post
    I've apped with them b4. Ill do all the work for them for free. Yo blue just let me know. =)

Tyr if you could make this work you would be my hero and I would buy you pizza

10+ Year Old Account
    I ...I like it... Yeah? General Consensus?

Quote Originally Posted by StendhalSyndrom View Post
    A novel idea that I kinda like, but what prevents raids from grabbing only the bare minimum to get the next piece of gear? It would become very undesirable to take along those extra 4 people. It would effectively make/allow raids (more often bad ones) to drop those extras to optimize # of drops vs. players and I can't see Blizz wanting to allow raid groups to benefit like that by dropping people... But mebe w/ more tweaking this could be a possibility.
    But blizzard is ok with a 25 man guild having 30 core members and 5 set every night? Or if u run a tight 25 man but your main tanks video card dies and 24 other ppl suffers or pugs for 2 weeks till new egg delivers? I'm not so sure.

---------- Post added 2010-11-20 at 11:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roxigar View Post
    Tyr if you could make this work you would be my hero and I would buy you pizza
    Lol with everything i have been writing down on paper the last few days. I have no doubt I could make it work, and the larger part of subscribers happy. Still would do it for free out of love for the game.

---------- Post added 2010-11-20 at 11:20 PM ----------

But let's skip to th big question that the funding department would ask. Could this bring back old subscribers that quit be cause there 25 man guild lost 5 players, or ppl that want to raid but cant promise 80%+ attendance to be in a decent guild?

Imo... you damn right it would!
    Last edited by tyriddik; 2010-11-21 at 05:14 AM.

Such a good idea Ty i looooooooove you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hetrofi View Post
    I like it, but the elitist will find out which one that is the easiest, and soon everyone will be going just 12 mans, or just 18 mans, due to these sizes being easier in boss HP and void zone spawning and smoothest heal/dps/tank ratio
    Well if they find the "most optimal" amount of players, does it really matter? as long as blizz continues to nerf paladins we are all good no?

OT: Really like the idea. one question. Who would get world firsts...? the first 11, 12, 13, 14....-man raid? minor issue

15+ Year Old Account
    Good idea the single flaw in it is the time and massive amount of work it would take to balance such a thing.

Lol first would go to the first guild to down the boss. Regardless of the size they used.

15+ Year Old Account
    A novel idea. Balancing would be... interesting since the addition of a healer or tank could trivialize encounters even if it gets "one person harder" or something.

Also, while I agree that loot drops increasing every 5 makes perfect sense, I guarantee (since this is wow and SOMEONE SOMEWHERE wants their damned pony) people would start crying that this is unfair because "we have 13 good players who want to raid and we really have no reason to exclude them, but because of that, now we can't gear up as fast as HappyGoodFunTimeGuild over there that only has 10 people because they SUCK and don't have 3 extra people who's hopes and dreams revolve around raiding". People in WoW will complain about anything. If you gave everyone 500g for logging in sometime in the next 365 days, someone would cry about how that 500g will wreck the game's economy and cause inflation, while others would cry that they ground up hill both ways and sold a kidney for RL money to buy ingame gold so they could get their uberultra9000 gadgetthingy and now giving someone 500g just isn't fair.

The idea is worth some I-Have-Nothing-To-Do-Before-Cata thought however...
    "And then, as though awoken from a blind stupor,the people of the internet realised that: no one gives a damn.
    And no damns were given." - Calon, MMO-Champion (source)

The 11th player could be any role. But u would still want to bring a class that would make since.. a tank really wouldn't be the ideal 11th because the mechanics of the fight wouldn't change for the need of an extra tank till 15th or 20th depending on how good your tanks are. This idea is to attempt to get everyone in the action and to work for casual and hard core raiders alike. The raid make up would have to have a certain raid composition just like 10 and 25s. It wouldnt be logical to make the fight work with 7 tanks 2 dps and 14 healers.

Also the more players thats in the raid the more difficult the incounter will be. Its this way now and it well be this way always. Its not be cause of the mobs heath being equally balanced for more or less dps, nor the amount of healing needed at the same ratio for healers. Its because ppl makes mistakes. With 25 ppl its more likley one of those players will miss up. Its harder on fights that ask you to spead out in 25 mans... no real way to fix that. Your healers also have to work harder in 25 mans to chose the right targets and to pay attention to 4-5 other healers heals to prevent over healing from multiple healers casting on the same target. But Blizzard can make them as close as posible and I'm ok with that.

---------- Post added 2010-11-21 at 04:46 PM ----------

Are there any suggestions forms on blizzards new forums? I would like to post this in a place that would have a better chance of blizzard reading it.