Meta gem choice for arcane in cata

due to our mastery and scaling of intellect I feel like there could be a second option to meta gems for arcane mages come cataclysm. Instead of the 54 crit 3% extra crit damage meta gem, perhaps we will be able to make use of 54 int and 2% max mana. Does anyone think this might be a viable option at the right gear levels/mastery levels or am overestimating the possible bonuses for this gem?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've thought of this too. For arcane I think the Ember gem looks better. But especially considering the meta requirements for the gems, the current meta requirement for the Ember gem is easy (requires at least 2 yellows) but the one for the Chaotic gem is retarded (requires more blue gems then red). So given those meta conditions I think Ember is by far the better choice.

I could definitely be wrong here but isn't there one that gives intellect and mp5? I would think that would be ideal from PvE. In PvP I would still use the crit gem over any other because Arcanes burst is its strong point in PvP and when you crit with a 4 stack blast things die.

as far as the gem list on mmo champ goes there is no mp5 gem making ember and chaotic the only 2 reasonable dps choices (i doubt the 2% threat reduction will be alot of use to anyone but i could be mistaken) if anyone could get some math comparisons on ember vs chaotic i would love to see it

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t106009-...2/#post1794256 Since I've got it open in another tab. The math behind CSD and ESD and what works for each spec.