Thread: Çritical Block

Çritical Block

Does anyone know how critical block works? is it on a two roll system or a one roll system? Does critical block chance make the meta gem with 81 stam + 5% block value better than the one with 81 stam + 2% armor value?

10+ Year Old Account
    I did ask myself that question on first day, but i would assume that the 5% block value meta gem is just a mistake on their part, they probably forgot that meta even existed. So i dont think it increases the amount of damage absorbed by blocks.
    About how it works, whenever you block an attack, on the combat table, a secondary roll is made and if successful, you reduce the damage by 60% instead of 30%.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Eternal Earthsiege Diamond
    +21 Dodge Rating and +1% Shield Block Value
    Requires at least 2 Red gems
    Requires at least 1 Blue gems
    Item Level 80
    "Only fits in a meta gem slot."

It is now only 1% to block.

Also, the way Shadow explains crit block is exactly how it works. A double roll so to speak.

On the topic of the stam/armor meta being better than the dodge/block: Depends on if you are still doing the EH thing or if you are going for unhittable. Each has their own place and are equally good depending on the build youre shooting for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    EOn the topic of the stam/armor meta being better than the dodge/block: Depends on if you are still doing the EH thing or if you are going for unhittable. Each has their own place and are equally good depending on the build youre shooting for.
    Also avoidance is more attractive than EH on some bosses, and the other way around. For instance, on a fight like Saurfang where 100% of the damage taken is melee swings, you can easily question youself "If I use this stamina trinket, will I be able to surive an extra melee hit without getting heals?". If the answer is "No", then it may be a good idea to swap the stamina trinket for an avoidance trinket. This would naturally vary between bosses, healer classes and so on.

edit: ... then I realized this isn't what this thread is about. /hide

Thing is I was referring to Cataclysm Meta gems, I usually build up an EH set before setting up an Avoidance set anyway =)

Deleted
    its like the only way tanks tank today
    all EH build
    kinda dully really
    let the healer heal all the dmg >_>

idd would like to use this mastery system to its fullets just to feel unique
    diff from other tanks

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Eternal Earthsiege Diamond
    +21 Dodge Rating and +1% Shield Block Value
    Requires at least 2 Red gems
    Requires at least 1 Blue gems
    Item Level 80
    "Only fits in a meta gem slot."

It is now only 1% to block.

Also, the way Shadow explains crit block is exactly how it works. A double roll so to speak.

On the topic of the stam/armor meta being better than the dodge/block: Depends on if you are still doing the EH thing or if you are going for unhittable. Each has their own place and are equally good depending on the build youre shooting for.
    for clarification the 1% block VALUE changes 30% of the damage blocked into 31%, however I'm not sure if this would turn the critical blocks from 60% into 61% or if it would double (like the tooltip says) and block 62%

and yes, the way shadow says it works is correct.... lets use my warrior's block chance as an example:
    I have approx. 40% (ish) block chance and my mastery (which I stacked) gives me a 23% chance to critically block
    Boss swing 1 - I have a 40% chance to block (lets say I do block)
    now the game checks my chance to critically block (which is 23%)
    since its a little low I dont critically block this attack but I do still have a normal block

Boss swing 2 - Lets say I block again
    game checks (again)
    THIS TIME the roll is in my favor and I critically block the attack blocking double the normal

as for your meta question, only your gear and judgement can tell.... if you can reach unhittable (as I have and I love it ) go with the block value.... if you cant even if you were to change ALL your gems/enchants to avoidance, then go with the stam.... however, some will argue that the block value is better for a warrior tank now (compared to paladins) since we also have a chance to critically block (I just wish I could find more info about the block value meta concerning critical blocks)
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win