Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I can live with skipping raids as long as you have done themonce before. people who hit 80 should need to kill all bosses in Naxx, Uld, ToC(lol), before being able to enter ICC make achievements somewhat like attunements and have them BoA. I literally helped my friend get to 80 get enough gear to get into ICC and we killed LK and he was only 80 for maybe a week. If we only had an attunement type thing again....
    Quest: Surving the Chill: You must take <insert item here> from Kelthuzad <another item> from Yogg Saron, and <you know the drill> from Anubarak to create a potion(idk) to enter ICC without freezing to death. Id feel so much better if this was in the game maybe not to that extent but something like it =-)
    IM GONNA PUNCH THAT DRAGON IN THE FACE!

I like this idea better than grinding heroics.

Make previous tiers easier so that
    1. People can experience the tiers.
    2. They can still accelerate to the current tier.
    3. They can learn how raids and raid encounters work.
    4. No more faceroll heroic grindfests!

Simple way to fix this, award more JP for "old content bosses", that will

1) less heroic spam
    2) you get to see the boss mechanics
    3) more communication skills (if it will be a guild / semi guild run) baring in mind some raids will still be hard if ur a new 80
    4) with the more JP thats awarded, say something like 28 (16 from heroic bosses) its faster way to gear players as well as have fun

it gives the raids more usefulness then just "lets go here guys for weekly quest" which ends up killing that boss then dispanding.
    raids like icc will award 16 JP because lets face it, its the highest content and hardly anyone will need the jp other then to buy saronites anyways

10+ Year Old Account
    I must admit I didn't read your post. Mostly because i'm slightly busy, so I won't say anything about it, other than... Your title really is bad. You are NEVER forced to do ANYTHING in this game. You are free to quit at any time, no matter what, no one is tying you to your chair.

I'm sorry for pointing something like that out, and seeming semantic. But it is SO often that people seem to give their topic a title that can be misunderstood or means something else entirely of what they want to say.
    Last edited by Khainos; 2010-11-22 at 08:24 PM.
    Sometimes I will log out in Roleplaying gear, so if my stats in the image below, seem ridicoulously low, then that's probably the reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    this banhammers gonna hit harder than puberty will hit justin bieber

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khainos View Post
    I must admit I didn't read your post. Mostly because i'm slightly busy, so I won't say anything about it, other than... Your title really is bad. You are NEVER forced to do ANYTHING in this game. You are free to quit at any time, no matter what, no one is tying you to your chair.
    I don't have a word. You're so god damn dumb, please. Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Snore View Post
    I don't have a word. You're so god damn dumb, please. Leave.
    And somehow magically we are still paying and playing WOW, even with this current system. Indeed it's a choice for most people, as to how they want to gear their toon, you can always find a guild that wish to progress at your pace, but I doubt if many exist. There are a lot of truths to what you have said, and many of us have seen the old content, and geared from heroics, to naxx, to uld, etc. But yes for newer players this is just plain unfair it seems. I guess WEEKLY supposed to help to lure peeps to do old content more often.

Oh and yes, no one is FORCING anyone to do anything, but than again thats the easiest way to get what you need, + PVP to get gear then reforge resilence to something useful. Bla all the same, game became stale and uninteresting. All I do is farm old content, mounts, orbs, pets. Raiding ICC pfff never past 5th boss, lost interest after being burned from nax, uld, toc transition. Have no desire whatsover to raid ICC, plain boring.

some replies.

One poster mentioned that they will still need to go back and farm newbies, and that with new gear and buff all conventions will be forced.

GURBZ: I agree to some extent. and the way you mention old raids as "glorified heroics" is not what im trying to get at. I dont want people doing brainless tasks. And if you say the debuff will make your push the conventions.. you are wrong. why ? look at ICC even with the massive 30% buff in place, you still need to know the mechanics. and right now if you go full ICC into Naxx and try to just go brainless you will still face problems on certain bosses. And i don't want people to go through the old cause i went to it. I want people to kill a boss and get a reward. Not spam dungeons a buy their gear off a vendor. I want people to receive 1-2 pieces of gear a 10 man naxx run, not have to do 12 heroics for the same piece. I DOn't want the buff to be extreme, i want the buff to be adequate enough to have to make people try instead of just mash buttons.

Misc amount of posters:As for the reason I'm playing, I'm playing for the new expansion. I'm not forced to play, and I'm not forced to do heroics. But the way it is structured so that one is VERY ENCOURAGED to gear through heroics. I'm mostly just doing heroics to get hierlooms to level up a worgen and see the new quests, as i know most gear will be obsolete by level 82~ so its pointless to farm for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimateman View Post
    OP If you give me your location I will call the authorities and let them know that someone is holding you against your will, forcing you to, of all things, run heroics. Hang in there, bud. We'll get you out!

---------- Post added 2010-11-22 at 07:03 PM ----------

On a more serious note, for those of you who haven't been around, this is exactly how WoW used to be. You had to run old content to gear up enough in order to run new content. But players complained and blizzard changed things. Neither system is perfect, but the old system limits the number of players who will gain access to the higher end content and makes it painful to bring new players/alts up to the level of the newest content. The new system allows players to quickly obtain entry-level gear for the newest content and gives more of the player base access to newer content without forcing them to run 1-2 year old raid content.

As I said, neither system is perfect, but Blizzard clearly decided that the new system is better for more players and it's the one they're sticking with. After all, it all comes back to whichever system will make blizzard the most money in the long run.

I truly hope that Blizzard's focus on making raiding gameplay more challenging again in Cataclysm makes the weak-points of the newer method less painful. The changes to tanking classes will make tanking more challenging and fun, the changes to healing will make healing more challenging and fun, and again instituting crowd control as a necessary part of raiding will make DPSing more dynamic and challenging.
    This I agree with aswell. I think what we can do is to have an attunement where you have to kill the last boss of atleast of X Tier before you can move on to the other tier and make it to where its accountwide so all your alts get attuned to it as well.