Thread: Solid NPCs?

Solid NPCs?

Anyone else notice that the elemental invasion quest givers are solid? (as in cant walk through them)

Is this going to be the case for all quest-givers in cata?

It would be interesting if they added the same function to mobs/bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    i never noticed, it would be cool if they did that though for pvp, i hate when you can walk through people, but that said, i hope to hell they DONT do this
    can you imagine
    say, take my realm
    silvermoon eu, 28k alliance
    ironforge would be a zone of grief with people blocking off the AH etc

I think they did it to stop idiots on their mounts from just sitting over the questgivers and stopping everyone else from interacting with them.

It would be good if they made all questgivers that way - esp if they know there's going to be a big crowd all trying to interact with them at once (for example during special events) but I don't think they need to make all characters - players/NPCs etc. like that. In fact, in another MMO (AoC) they do do that and I think it causes more problems than it's worth. Try being in a 25 man raid and all the melee having to find a spot where they can just hit the boss for example.

It would be terrible if they did that for players.

I definitely think it was done to prevent mammoth-humping, but still very odd to have only 2 npcs in a city that are solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitans View Post
    Anyone else notice that the elemental invasion quest givers are solid? (as in cant walk through them)

Is this going to be the case for all quest-givers in cata?

It would be interesting if they added the same function to mobs/bosses.
    Your personal glitch probably. I can walk through without problems.

Not just me. Its Earthmender Norsala, and Blood Guard Torek.

Unless they changed it recently, (im at work, and cant check) it sparked a discussion in guild chat, and several other guildies had the same "glitch"