Question Is my Computer Dying?

For about One or Two Months, I've been noticing my computer started to get weird. Sometimes at start, the Hard Drive looked like a MotorCycle going "Vroom Vroom"

I just didn't pay much attenttion to it. Didn't think would be something dangerous.

Later on, the starting of the computer started going slower. Didn't really care about it since I had my TV near me, so I could wait. :P

After a month, My WoW started going Slow, when I totally have the requirements for it, I cant do it. Like it breaks sometimes automaticly, can stay a whole day of 60 FPS and BAM goes down to 1 for a brief thing of 10 seconds.

I started thinking "My computer's getting Old I suppose. Got to start getting a new one."

Three Weeks past, All of My Games started getting that. Counter Strike Source, Call of Duty Black Ops and of course the one that already had it, WoW.

About an hour ago, it took 15 to 20 minutes for the computer to start and when it did, took a whole lot to start the programs like Anti Virus and so. Was just stuck in "Checking NVRAM" and after that just turned black.

The MotorCycleish sounds go less frequent but there's more signs of this and that.

Also, but I've tend to ignore this, I haven't been able to Update my computer. Just goes "Windows can't find any updates."

Is my computer Dying?

Here go my specs, in case the Questions Pops.

Motherboard: Asus P5E
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00 GhZ
    Memory: 4GB Ram DDR2
    Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT 512MB

Would really appreciate if someone could help me out

Thanks!

Run Ccleaner and go to msconfig(or you can do this in Ccleaner as well) and check how much junk you have booting up at startup and running in the background.
    Ccleaer is a great program if you havent downloaded it, and its FREE
    Personal Rig: AMD FX-8350 / Gigabyte Windforce G1-GAMING GTX 980 / 8-GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600Mhz / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w PSU / Corsair Carbide Air 540 / NZXT Kraken x60

Is it dieing? Possibly but not probable. Probably just need a tune up on the machine.
    http://www.orphanguild.com/ - SWTOR Guild US West Coast PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    I would do a disk defragment, if you're constantly, moving, deleting, adding files without a defragment once in a while it will be fairly cluttered. You should notice some performance improvements with the defragment. You can also do a disk error check in Windows, that could help clear up any possible issues. Also an overall virus, malware and spyware scan might find a few sources for the problem (if you would like a few software recommendations, feel free to ask). Overall though, I really doubt your problem is any of your hardware but your hard drive, if the above I suggest doesn't turn up any results, I would recommend you replace your HDD. They are fairly cheap these days, a WD Green 1TB is ~50 dollars, or if your motherboard supports it (I can check for you if you're unsure), I'd suggest you bump up to one of the WD Black 1TB 6.0/GBs, they are around 80-90 I believe. Anyway, hope this helps!
    Markro - Arthas US PvP

I have actually ran CCleaner a couple of times now. This one you told me, The Second. :P

Defragging now.

Also did a about 2 Hour Long Search for Any types of Viruses, nothing.

Also, thank you for the whole informations that were given.

Lets see what it turns out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTwistedRaven View Post
    I have actually ran CCleaner a couple of times now. This one you told me, The Second. :P

Defragging now.

Also did a about 2 Hour Long Search for Any types of Viruses, nothing.

Also, thank you for the whole informations that were given.

Lets see what it turns out
    Best of luck, I really hope something turns up so you find a solution!
    Markro - Arthas US PvP

Your computer has Lupus, It won't last long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiisith View Post
    OJ Simpson use to play before he was locked up. He played a dagger spec Rogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    Thrall kills Dumbledore
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    GENN FUCKING GREYMANE
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoshadow View Post
    Was it longer than your average cloak or cape?

Deleted
    I suggest you check the heat of your pc; cpu gpu board temp. etc. These kind of things also make it works slow and clean the pc fans.

If those are normal than check the processes running at the background (ctrl + shift + Tab) if there are something unusual look for them from google

Although Windows says "Windows cant find any updates" compare your current Win. version and dawload any critical updates from Microsoft website

If noone is fixed your pc yet try updating your bios (motherboard driver).

Last hope and best Format C:, format your pc and make a clean install.

Cheers,