Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    My favorite part was at the beginning when the OP calls out the afk guy and his friend goes "lol u fail you fucking retarded bitch". Seriously?

To be honest, besides /ignore, I think this is the best way to deal with this situation. In some ways its better than /ignore because the other guy can just make more toons. You just give the baby his bottle and he'll tire himself out and go off to sleep eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk_Fogg
    But don't worry guys... you're not going to Space Camp but at least you've got those remote control trucks and your confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olmec
    The player that conquers the most countries in sixty seconds, wins!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ignore/report. Make yourself seem REALLY emotionally scarred in your ticket.
    Message him a week or so later and ask him how his tempban was.
    Then ask him if it was worth his fatty rant which is now all over MMO-champion.

---------- Post added 2010-11-22 at 03:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stannislaus View Post
    My favorite part was at the beginning when the OP calls out the afk guy and his friend goes "lol u fail you fucking retarded bitch". Seriously?

To be honest, besides /ignore, I think this is the best way to deal with this situation. In some ways its better than /ignore because the other guy can just make more toons. You just give the baby his bottle and he'll tire himself out and go off to sleep eventually.
    The more toons he makes the longer his ban is.

Lol I don't understand the people supporting the other guy.

The healer left because one of the DPSers was on auto follow, and out of principle didn't want to contribute to getting that person points. The fact that the other guy made a level 1 alt to bother the healer to begin with immediately makes him wrong, no matter what they say. The irony of him telling the healer to do their job while his friend sat afk for a whole dungeon pretty much proves how stupid the person is.

If you are going to do something like the boomkins did, don't complain about it when someone leaves, especially when you can do the content without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    ahahahahahahahah

i was leveling my druid level 63 in hellfire peninsula once when 80 paladin came and oneshotted me with avenger shield after a while i got whisper from level one character telling me to L2play wow and laughing... people are strange but /ignore [name] works flawlessly
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

I had something similar happen to me like 3 days ago. Leveling my 27 fury warrior doing random BGs doing RFK. Mail helm drops off one of the "bosses" and pally tank rolls need on it. I rolled need as well, it was a rather large upgrade since I didn't have a helm at all and it was blue and +12str, +12stam. I lost the roll, whatever no big deal. We continue on through the instance and I notice the tank isn't wearing a helm at all, so I figured he had helms disabled in Interface but I gear check him anyways. No helm equipped. I scroll back up in chat to view the item link and it required lvl 27. So I mouse over the tank... level 25.

I said in party, in the nicest way possible that I could think of at the time.... "Dude you rolled on an item you can't use at all....". He stops moving forward and hes like "u mad bro?" "I'm like no, not at all, I'm just saying that's a dick move. You can continue tanking." Then the healer just loses it on me out of no where... Both the tank and healers were pallys and both had similar names, different guilds but same realm, obviously knew each other. It was basically TLR but went on pretty much the same as the OPs thread so I called him a drama queen and put him on ignore... Then I get a load a screen and I'm back in Org thinking W T F, I seriously just got kicked for that? LOL

I was top DPS and more than once I saved that stupid healer from the fail tank by off-tanking mobs the tank couldn't hold aggro on. Honestly, I hope they wiped hardcore cause that was just complete bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodee View Post
    Agreed. The "Umad?" meme is really overused. You should have titled this "umad?", because that's what every reply of yours entailed. Learning to communicate like a human being is difficult on the internet.
    Mmmhm.
    It really bothers me when people are being total asshats and when you call them on it they reply with "lolumad" and suddenly its you who becomes the dipshit.
    For example, you get upset in a guild but don't say anything, take everything in the guild bank as you are an officer, boot as many people as you can to disrupt things, then leave.
    You get called out in trade about it, everyone thinks youre a dick, but then you say "lolusomad brah!"
    And then suddenly the whole server thinks the people calling you out are the real dbags for getting miffed over it.
    Makes little sense to me.
    (INB4 'lolumad' response to this post)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.DPS View Post
    I think he had full right to be mad, dont get me wrong here but people that just spam umadbrah yeaumad lollookhesmad and stuff like that deserves to be ignored but thats just my opinion, I fully surport the other guy and agree you are a jackass
    I think some of you missed the point. The dude was simply stoking the obvious flames of anger in the other person, who had made a level 1 character just to spam him, btw. He (the child with the level 1) did NOT have right to be mad, particularly considering how rude he was in the first place. The other guy was the jackass, and really, quite a prime example of internet anonymity empowerment. He displayed no intelligence or any basic human qualities, so why should he be treated as such? Sorry, not in the habit of treating dogs like human beings. Yeah I'll pat them on the head if they show me a good trick, but don't ask me to formulate an intelligent argument to his barking.
    Last edited by Mavecryst; 2010-11-22 at 03:26 AM. Reason: edit for clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Bstore2 View Post
    I hope you meant needing because, well....greeding on everything is kinda how it works.
    I hope you realize afk people don't roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not entirely sure I buy into OP's 'measured and polite' routine, in their alleged responses to this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by blippo3k View Post
    It seems to me if anything OP fails more than this kid,
    What ever happened to fuelling rage with properly constructed sentences.
    Now all we have is 12 y.o saying umad?, because they cannot think of anything original.
    You did nothing intelligent worthy of posting here OP, please delete your life
    Im pretty sure the OP uses proper constructed sentences..
    The OP was just minding his own business, and to be suddenly trolled by a dude who afked through and instance, it just doesn't make sense.

In my mind OP is win, he outlasted the troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallynos View Post
    Sure, it was a jerk move doing the /follow /afk BS, but it happens. There are going to be people out there that want to cheat the system and you just need to let them do their thing. When the boomkin in question doesn't know his rotation and has no raid awareness, it'll come back to haunt him. However, what you did was also pretty immature. I mean, all you did was spam the guy "umadbro." Intelligently tell him to leave you alone. If not, put him on ignore and if he keeps creating toons, report him. I just think your reaction was a bit immature, but it's sort of what the boomkin deserved.
    When this is the guys opener (on a lvl 1 alt on your server), "MadKid: "Way to fail you fucking retard, if you think leaving in the middle of a boss fight makes you a good healer your wrong, you need to stfu and do your job in dungeons instead of bitching like you did. L2play, dipshit", then all requirements of civility fly out the window. Plus it feels so much more satisfying to play games with them. The pure, unbridled rage this game is capable of eliciting from some people is truly amazing, and opportunities must not be lost to see it in action.

IMO the OP is completely in the right here, if we're getting the entire story. He decided he didn't want to support that kind of griefing the system, so he decided to leave. The problem would have ended there if madkid decided not to roll a level 1 alt. But there wouldn't have been much of a story if he had.

---------- Post added 2010-11-22 at 03:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mavecryst View Post
    I think some of you missed the point. The dude was simply stoking the obvious flames of anger in the other person, who had made a level 1 character just to spam him, btw. He (the child with the level 1) did NOT have right to be mad, particularly considering how rude he was in the first place. The other guy was the jackass, and really, quite a prime example of internet anonymity empowerment. He displayed no intelligence or any basic human qualities, so why should he be treated as such? Sorry, not in the habit of treating dogs like human beings. Yeah I'll pat them on the head if they show me a good trick, but don't ask me to formulate an intelligent argument to his barking.
    Well said sir, I was trying and failing to express the same sentiment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk_Fogg
    But don't worry guys... you're not going to Space Camp but at least you've got those remote control trucks and your confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olmec
    The player that conquers the most countries in sixty seconds, wins!

Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngelSix View Post
    So you ditch a raid then go all "Umad" on the guy I think you're on the wrong board.
    Wasn't a raid

10+ Year Old Account
    i, too, have had several "incidents" with the LFD tool and pretty much just reading trade chat. sooo many low lvl tanks that are fully heirloomed that couldnt hold aggro/know their class (mind you, this was pre-4.0.1) and them yelling at anyone within range that it was their fault. i usually just sit here and think "tf" and kinda shake my head back and forth or just leave the group. see what happens when kids beg thier parents for 15 bucks a month? lol. and ofc blizz wont do anything about that cause its their paychecks. dash it all....

Quote Originally Posted by blippo3k View Post
    It seems to me if anything OP fails more than this kid,
    What ever happened to fuelling rage with properly constructed sentences.
    Now all we have is 12 y.o saying umad?, because they cannot think of anything original.
    You did nothing intelligent worthy of posting here OP, please delete your life
    Yes, raging hard and swearing are so much more eloquent and wit-filled than "umad".

OP did a decent job of trolling imo. Constantly asking the same questing made this kid rage far more than fully constructed sentences would have

Gotta agree, the OP had every right to further enrage the lvl 1 kid. Only three real options to deal with someone creating a lvl 1 toon just to grief you. Arguing is clearly pointless, you're not going to win an argument or debate with an angry/stupid person because they are immune to logic and reason. Ignore is probably the best option, especially if you're a pacifist and all-around good person, and if you are, I salute you. But I like that he chose option 3, enjoy a good laugh at the other's apparent thickness, goading him into increasingly venom-filled retorts, all while still getting shit done. I used to love that about "stealing" mining nodes or killing flagged people who were about to take a node. Sometimes they'd make a lvl 1 toon to flame you, and you can laugh and explain to them that during the time it took for them to create a toon and type out all their angst, you found 5 more nodes.

tl;dr version: stupid people are great sport, use them as God intended
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Deleted
    That's pretty much healing

anyone who brings up the difference between your and you're is a loser and deserves to be treated accordingly. you clearly understood what the guy was communicating, so dont be a douche correcting them just to anger them farther.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

10+ Year Old Account
    lawlz
    To crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of their women, that is what is best in life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menegroth View Post
    Wasn't a raid
    Cause the fact that it was a dungeon and not a raid just makes ALL the difference in the world, right?