Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How is Worgen"ism" spread?

I'm just wondering how worgens spread their curse or whatever? Wowpedia didn't have a whole lot under Worgen.

Im sure the info is availible somewhere I'm just having a tough time finding it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There seems to be multiple ways... it seems to be whatever is convenient for the plot at the time tbh

Edit: In more detail, there was a part of the worgen line where humans are offered worgen blood to drink so that they are more prepared for an incoming battle, and I think that your character gets it by being scratched deeply or something. I don't remember exactly.
    Last edited by RBFxJMH; 2010-11-22 at 04:43 AM.

Through blood, from what I've gathered from the beta.

Official stuff says from bites so far among humans, night elves used it as a taboo druid form.
    How many times must I tell you, FIRE BAD!

I knew the whole nightelf thing I was more wondering about how humans got it I'm not on an RP realm or any RP's but my friends are paying for me to change my Human Warrior into a Worgen and I at least wanted a story good enough to satisfy my amusment:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Its pretty fuzzy. To be honest.
    If its through blood, how did they get it INTO Gilneas considering the wall was never opened until Deathwing shattered it, yet the Gilneans apparently had the issue of the curse before the wall was open.
    I want to say its airborn, or at least was for a time.

blood and bites apparently

blood you can tell from questing

bites are infered from when you yourself are initally turned (you don't start out as a Worgen)
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yamilonewolf View Post
    I knew the whole nightelf thing I was more wondering about how humans got it I'm not on an RP realm or any RP's but my friends are paying for me to change my Human Warrior into a Worgen and I at least wanted a story good enough to satisfy my amusment:P
    You got attacked by a worgen. It bit you, it scratched you, you accidentally got some of its blood sprayed into your mouth, and in some of your wounds. Before it left you unconscious to die of bloodloss, it gave you a quick smooch.

I think that covers all the possibilities.

Body Fluid. Blood. So, if you bite a Worgen you also become a Worgen.

Keep that in mind, Horde Druids.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

In game your character contracts a bite when you are asked to go into a cellar for some munitions. After that you have a buff with some flavor-text that changes as you progress through the zone.

Lore wise, I would say bites and I guess certain magics. Really don't know though.

well its Druidic in nature (but out of control)

don't want spoil it too much but its why the NElfs are tied to the Worgen

previous Worgen lore has been reconned a bit
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    Body Fluid. Blood. So, if you bite a Worgen you also become a Worgen.

Keep that in mind, Horde Druids.
    Curse apparently only manages to screw over humans.

Alright, thanks for the help, I couldn't use the default worgen backstory due my warrior being currently 75, and likely 80 by cat, can't really be hanging in the starting area then now can I?:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yamilonewolf View Post
    Alright, thanks for the help, I couldn't use the default worgen backstory due my warrior being currently 75, and likely 80 by cat, can't really be hanging in the starting area then now can I?:P
    I still think you should go with my story

actually I... I just had an idea actually your story and what the others have said kinda made me think of it. People say "bodilly fluids" alot of people mention blood and stuff but what about other more uhh "R" rated bodilly fluids lol. If a human and worgen (in human form?) tried to make a baby would the human turn too O.o that actually scares me to think about but now im curious:P.

where do babies come from?

Well bigjohnburger... When a Man and a Woman or in this case, man and a Wrogen love each other very much....

The STD of Elune.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Infrared beaming obviously.

Magic.

Seriously, I'd say that it spreads through contact. Like typical lycanthropy.