Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Conno View Post
    I damn well won't!

they never confirmed a troll raid was in the works, they did confirm a nerubian raid, old kingdom and such was meant to be a raid instance but they never did it and ended up dropping it.

There's lots of things which seemed to be promised that were never delivered, for instance, finally killing mal'ganis, twice we beat him and both times says i'll see you in the citadel.

One of many.
    Actually, he never mentioned seeing us in the citadel. He just mentioned Northrend, which is where he is currently hiding. I have a feeling we will fight him in another 5 man, get him down to 1 HP he will port out and we will get loot, not seeing him again for another 2 years.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Quote Originally Posted by Inaru View Post
    I think you just stumbled upon something my friend

Zuldazar an island in the ocean and I look at the new world map in Cata and I see 2 islands above the Goblin starting zone, any other confirmation on what those islands could be other than Zuldazar?
    Its been a while since i read on this but those islands arent it as far as i can remember.
    The capital island of Zuldasar is supposed to be real close to the Maelstorm as far as i know, and the reason it hasnt sunk into it, is because of the trolls strong protective magics around the island.
    Also, all the troll tribes except the ones worshipping Hakkar in some kind are more or less ruled by King Rasthakan, but i suppose the number of tribes answering to him are quite few now with the revelations of Sandfury worshipping Old Gods and the dancing mofos getting whiped out.

Edit:
    And oh btw. We wont raid Zuldasar mate, if thats what ur implying. The Zandalari Tribe is one of Azeroths biggest benefactors, even though they work alot in the background.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    About Mal'ganis:
    Dreadlord Mal'Ganis yells: ENOUGH! I waste my time here. I must gather my strength on the homeworld.
    He opens a portal and walks to it, then turns around.
    Dreadlord Mal'Ganis yells: You'll never defeat the Lich King without my forces. I'll have my revenge... on him AND you!
    He turns back and walks through the portal, which closes behind him.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:The_Admiral_Revealed
    Guess blizzard forgot about his part in ICC.
    Forgot? or gave themselves a reason to include him later in further content? More money for them. :P

Shinydemon(85) Kuricos(85) Akros(85) Seraphus(81) Ritsura(85) Anathama(85) Arelia(85) Aaurala(66) Solanáa(49) Myasma(60)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Where do I recognise that name? Oh right, those blue spiky worms in the snowy parts of Northrend.
    But yeah, Now that I've seen that wiki page, I see no reason why it shouldn't be an old god in something of a snake form, or even a snake-like tentacle of an old god. They could always reveal the old god and send adventurers to various places to destroy it's tentacles. One in Gun'Drak, one perhaps in the Deepholm, one maybe in Stonetalon or something, and another in like Zandalar or whatever. Would give them a reason to add in the Gun'Drak raid.

Edit: Not Zandalar, the Island's called Zuldazar
    the island is called zandalar, the capital is called zuldazar.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://wowerc.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/worldmap.gif

After seeing that old world map done by Blizzard you see various Islands

Kul'tiras could easily be an option considering Jaina is more and more of a relevant character and it's her brother after all ruling the place

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...rdaeronLoC.JPG

Kul'tiras is just south of Gilneas after all.. that's from the original WoW manual..

" According to Bornakk, Kul Tiras "will not be visible at the start of Cataclysm – something about tectonic plates shifting it out to sea...." We may yet get to experience Kul Tiras in later patches. [2] The Baradin's Wardens, the Alliance faction on Tol Barad, are known to wear Kul Tiras tabards. [1] "

--- From WoW Wiki

Plunder Isle maybe.. but an entire zone / raid dedicated to pirates.. maybe.. maybe not

Zuldazar - We can only hope

Every 6 years the Trolls meet up, WoW's 6 year anniversary, I THINK SO
    Last edited by Inaru; 2010-11-22 at 12:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fruust View Post
    the island is called zandalar, the capital is called zuldazar.
    Right, thanks for the info. I'll have to write that down so I don't forget.:L

Shinydemon(85) Kuricos(85) Akros(85) Seraphus(81) Ritsura(85) Anathama(85) Arelia(85) Aaurala(66) Solanáa(49) Myasma(60)

There were even a bunch of models made which looked specifically like they would fit in an Utgarde raid and a Gundrak raid, these models never made it ingame but they looked pretty damn cool.
    Unfortunately screenshots were posted a long while ago and I never saved them and google is only showing a small handful of the amount I recall looking through.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2009/12/28/th...ou-never-saw/9
    That link shows a fair amount of them though and I think it probably links to all the models should you click each hyperlink.

Quote Originally Posted by Gozzu View Post
    Edit:
    And oh btw. We wont raid Zuldasar mate, if thats what ur implying. The Zandalari Tribe is one of Azeroths biggest benefactors, even though they work alot in the background.
    Blizzard will find a way to make them baddies. They've killed off everyone else.
    just a little preview of it
    "Trolls dominate Zandalar, all trolls, from jungle to ice, consider Zandalar their homeland. It is neutral territory for their kind, so trolls don’t battle each other when on Zandalar. The same courtesy doesn’t extend toward other races, though, and Zandalar’s trolls are a wicked and voodoo-worshipping bunch who delight in slaying their enemies and devouring their remains. As such, not even goblin merchants are safe on this island, and visitors face stalking, axe- and spear-wielding danger from every green shadow." -wowwiki.com

will all those enormous structures its really a shame they didnt make a single troll raid. even a 10man wouldve been cool.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The link Mondu tossed up there almost confirms in my mind they had the plans to do the raid then used left over models to fill the ICC 5's to have them not go to waste

Azjol'Nerub would have been cooler
    Anub'Arak was boss and it's a shame he was killed in TWO trainwreck instances ):

Quote Originally Posted by kampfer View Post
    yeah, idiot....I'm talking about the "Death Scene"....you know the vid where Arthas dies after saying like 2 things and then its overshadowed by Tirion and and Bolvar and who gets to wear the Helm....Idiot
    Bolvars dead nub
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Bolvar: Dammit! Kel'Thuzad, its happened again! I need you to go to get me more ice!
    Kel'Thuzad: But my master, the corner store is all the way in Kalimdor!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Northend has become "The book was better than the movie" kinda thing

About Mal'ganis:
    Dreadlord Mal'Ganis yells: ENOUGH! I waste my time here. I must gather my strength on the homeworld.
    He opens a portal and walks to it, then turns around.
    Dreadlord Mal'Ganis yells: You'll never defeat the Lich King without my forces. I'll have my revenge... on him AND you!
    He turns back and walks through the portal, which closes behind him.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:The_Admiral_Revealed
    Guess blizzard forgot about his part in ICC.
    But we didn't defeat the lich king, we just killed Arthas. I always thought this way, at some point we may be defending the lich king from mal'ganis forces, silly, but possible. So i give them a second chance with the mal'ganis thing.

As for Gundrak, it was said before, but watch the whole lore of zul'drak... first you defeat drakuru who is trying to conquer the whole zone for the LK, for doing so he has to defeat the drakkari trolls who are killing their loas to gain temporal power to fight drakuru... in other words, the drakkari empire is comiting suicide and we don't care at all, we only want to save the loas. So with gundrak instance being a culmination of that drakkari corruption, there's no sense or even no lore in a Gundrak raid, except if it was a single boss raid featuring whatever that tail belongs to. but however, if in the future they make finally the Gundrak raid (i'm sure it even had a hidden raid portal at some point) they will ship it with the lore it deserves.

I have to say, I'd would've loved to make a raid with the lore for the vrykul or the Drakari instead of TGO. But then I fall into the trap of whatever I make being redundant as soon as it's anointed time passes, ie. the val'kyr would have been in any Utgarde raid but now they're mostly working for the banshee queen and are in "limited numbers" so having some types of them in among the trash wouldn't fly any more.
    Sanctity, level 110 Blood elf protection Paladin of <Fallout> on Tarren Mill EU

True but I would prefer that Mal'ganis manages to kill Bolvar and becomes the Lich King himself. Demonic Undeads ftw?
    but Dread Lords can already raise the dead XD

true but do not control the scourge :P

Didn't they have plans somewhere of letting Arthas come along in 3.3, and crashing Dalaran to the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by chorx View Post
    Didn't they have plans somewhere of letting Arthas come along in 3.3, and crashing Dalaran to the ground?
    Wasn't Elemental invasion nerfed because things like that(undead invasion) were not fun for easy mode players? :P

---------- Post added 2010-11-22 at 01:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Purenight View Post
    true but do not control the scourge :P
    well if he just destroys the helm altogether, he can take control like his underlings did during FC. And with no helm for mortals to oppose him, he'd be pewpew and Tirion will be all like Q.Q

Just an aside, since someone mentioned it several pages back.

Crystalsong Forest was apparently where Blizz was going to originally set the Argent Tournament stuff. That's why there are the Sunreaver and Silver Covenant bases there. But as they got closer to releasing this content they realized that it would only increase the lag for that zone and that it would actually fit in better in ICC. That's why some of the tourney quests send you to Crystalsong (the original building of the tourney buildings where you had to go chop wood, some of the black knight quests, the flowers on the dam, the valiant quests to get the weapons...). They just moved the location and left most of the quests where they were.

OT: Yeah I remember wondering what the snake tail was all about. Would have been cool to learn something more about it.