Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by swagger01 View Post
    now i think this was at blizzcon but i am not sure! but there was talk of a ah going to be put in dal !. one that u dont need to be a Engineering for..... is this still going to happen? or did blizz go back on there word again..........
    Class trainers and an AH WILL be put up in Dalaran, since the portals was mainly there cos the lack of those. I for one am truelly happy to get out of Lagaran. Always hated this place incl. Shat.

WTF Rogue nerf? they oneshot in BGs LOL ! BLIZZARD NERF THEM !!!!

So... I'm guessing these blues are correct from wowhead's. These are alot of Warrior nerfs, but in wowhead the coefficients are actually increased for HS, Cleave, Execute. I'm slightly confused.
    And, can someone please explain about Engineering's 'Tinkering' enchants? Are those the cogwheels and such that an Engineer can gem in place of JC gems?

Deleted
    Cant wait, and bring cataclysm, abstinence incoming!...

Finally fury nerfs live, thank god, time to make fun of my braggin friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Terrax of the Wind View Post
    So... I'm guessing these blues are correct from wowhead's. These are alot of Warrior nerfs, but in wowhead the coefficients are actually increased for HS, Cleave, Execute. I'm slightly confused.
    And, can someone please explain about Engineering's 'Tinkering' enchants? Are those the cogwheels and such that an Engineer can gem in place of JC gems?
    No, we have some cloak, glove and belt "enchants" exclusive to engineers, such as parachute cloaks, rocket boots, and mind control caps. Most of them used to have stats with them, but the stats are disappearing with this patch. Now we'll be able to enchant them and still put our awesome abilities to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    No, we have some cloak, glove and belt "enchants" exclusive to engineers, such as parachute cloaks, rocket boots, and mind control caps. Most of them used to have stats with them, but the stats are disappearing with this patch. Now we'll be able to enchant them and still put our awesome abilities to them.
    Oh sweet! Thanks for the clarification... though that kinda means we have to spend a bit more for enchanting stuff. :/
    Still unsure of the Warrior changes though, I'm pretty sure HS, Cleave and Execute were supposed to be BUFFED, and MS, BT and RB are NERFED.
    I'm sure the Fury nerfs are justified though @ 85, as Deep Wounds will be reachable soon(tm), and RB will start hitting like a truck with the Unshackle Fury buff.
    Last edited by Terrax of the Wind; 2010-11-23 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspike View Post
    Just spring 2011 so far, which puts it between 2 to 4 months away. There was an accidental release date published that was removed quickly showing march 2011. Now how "accidental" that was is unknown. It might have been just a slip up of "oh #$% I know you didn't just" or the kind of slip that's for the fans that read the forums every day. Who knows which one. If that is accurate though it will put the game out in around 4 months.
    First day of Spring is March 20th, so that is the earliest I'd expect it if they are sticking to that time frame. I personally hope they don't rush the product out the door.

Are the portals reappearing in one of the major cities? This is truly annoying. We're back to wasting massive amounts of time to get to different continents as opposed to hearthing to a hub and then taking a portal. Blizz does a lot of things right... this isn't one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mordras View Post
    First day of Spring is March 20th, so that is the earliest I'd expect it if they are sticking to that time frame. I personally hope they don't rush the product out the door.
    Well considering that's almost a year of beta, and it was playable for a year before that for their first closed beta. I would think most of the bugs are gone already. They put up some great videos showing the play. I think the hardest part for them so far was the inclusion of the physix. Which is fine, I'm cool with them spending the extra time for that. It's worth it, and it looks damn nice. Then there is the voice over work. They have 12 full time writers that have been working on it for at least a year and a half. All of that has to be voiced over before release. So yeah, I can deal with the wait. It looks like to me that the leaked march release will be it. So second half of march puts it at roughly 4 months from release.

15+ Year Old Account
    UPDATE: "Paid Race Change to the new class combos will be available as soon as they are available to create (with the release of 4.0.3a)

This is an update to the previous expected functioning of this service. We're in the process of ensuring everyone here has this latest updated information, just know that this is what's now accurate.
    "
    This is the latest stance they have on the situation, so expect to be able to race change to a new race/class combo tomorrow.

Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...ill-unanswered
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by gamelyn View Post
    Are the portals reappearing in one of the major cities? This is truly annoying. We're back to wasting massive amounts of time to get to different continents as opposed to hearthing to a hub and then taking a portal. Blizz does a lot of things right... this isn't one of them.
    No they aren't coming back and they don't need to. You're looking at Cata through Vanilla, BC and LK eyes. First off - quests aren't going to take you all over the world anymore. The zones are completely re-done and are very, very linear. Secondly - you should never be that far from any major city to which you can train - Org for example has a class trainer for every class except DKs. And last but not least - when you hit Outland and Northrend you will have NO need of the portals as there will be an auction house AND class trainers in both Shatt and Dal.

Pre-Cata=bouncing from EK to Kalimdor over and over. 4.0.3a and beyond removes that annoying feature of WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

November 24th - 6 year aniversary <3

Deleted
    i think that i'm blind......

i can't find anything that the Patch 4.0.3a really is going live this week

i'm living in Europe and iv'e checked both Usa and Eurepean server status and not a word about the Patch........

can someone get me i link that auctually conform this?

well time will tell i suppose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladydragon View Post
    i think that i'm blind......

i can't find anything that the Patch 4.0.3a really is going live this week

i'm living in Europe and iv'e checked both Usa and Eurepean server status and not a word about the Patch........

can someone get me i link that auctually conform this?

well time will tell i suppose
    Boub does not post these things unless he is sure he has the right information. Shattering is going in this week.
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

Quote Originally Posted by silicon View Post
    Actually, it doesn't. The image is grayed out, just not toned down to almost black like the rest of the unavailable combos. There is a pretty major error in it though. It shows Trolls as getting locks, and I'm fairly certain they aren't.
    As of the current build on the PTR 4.0.3a you can be a troll Warlock. Of all the icons to make the grayscale but not faded mistake the priest is the worst, with so little color on it to begin with. I'd already gone back to the PTR to double check that you couldn't currently make an Orc Priest and even after you pointed out whats wrong I had to lean into the monitor to see the difference.

Still missing alot of class changes from the ptr! Missing pala nerf, dk str nerf, rogue mastery changes....

We will all miss you, Old Azeroth <3

"Frost"? Why is everyone hating on Frost? Yes Unholy is more polished, but I quite like how 2h Frost plays right now. And it is in no way near as unpolished and tattered as Blood...

Blood is quite literally, no pun intended, an abomination. Stuck in limbo between DPSing with Heart Strike, and mitigating with Death Strike. Valuable FU runes get converted into invaluable B runes, which is a design flaw that should be changed. Yes changing Blood Rites to work like Blood of the North would make it homogenized, but it is a million times better than the current state of things.

Ghostcrawler has said that they are probably going to get rid of Pestilence for Blood DKs, and just focus on Blood Boil as their "AOE" (Frost uses Howling Blast, Unholy uses Pestilence.) Which I think is a step in the right direction. I just hope they can fix Blood DKs in time for raiding, even Heroics in Cataclysm. Because in their current state, Blood tanking is all over the place.

FYI, that Frost spec question was one posted in the Best Buy dev chat thread -- I fell back on those because of how many of our questions were asked during the Best Buy chat. Next time Bibi asks for questions do it, you never know where it'll be used.

So does this mean i will have to pay to cahnge my Human Priest to a Worgen priest? or is it free?