Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    1) Nodes might not be available.
    Might not be, might be. Awesome discussion we could have there, no doubt.

2) Mobs will spot you from a mile away and 1 shot you.

Mobs won't one shot me because players that just got to 80 and are now leaving northrend without running one single heroic or raid will need to be able to kill them.

3) There is no training to be able to farm.
    It is not common for people to need to level the profession above the cap of a previous expansion to start farming mats. For example, you only needed 275 mining to mine fel iron from hellfire and only 350 to mine cobalt from howling fjord. If they maintain that logic, you can mine cataclysm stuff with 425 mining skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teh1tom View Post
    A draenei druid makes about as much sense as a tauren paladin.
    Those who commune with the earth mother should not commune with the light.
    But thats just my opinion, I know it would be way outside of race balancing but I would of rather seen a undead paladin
    ya ya and for those who say thats impossible lore wise because the undead cant use the magic of the light what about
    the undead holy priest.
    You need to read up on Tauren and Forsaken lore then.
    Last edited by Alayea; 2010-11-23 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Broken URL tag.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Longer downtime for only hitting a switch good thing it's not a patch day we should be abel to get online now by 4 PM est today.

Server down till 5 PM pst? If only they had some way of testing patches.
    Last edited by furydeath; 2010-11-23 at 07:47 PM.

Maintenance extended to 5 pm pst Yaaaaay

10+ Year Old Account
    "Maintenance extended to 5pm PST."

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh. Now I really need to find something else to do, lol.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Why does Blizz still start with the "maintenance will end at 11am PST" message. When there has never been a case of that actually happening (for the most part.)

Why not just say: "maintenance will end at 4pm PST", and incase it ends earlier: "Due to unforeseeable awesomeness and expedience on our part, the servers are back up earlier than expected."

god dammit, i was gonna log in to do ZG since it reset TODAY.

i thought i had more time. i hate and <3 you at the same time blizzard.

bring back the zg mounts for the ones that spent 5 years trying to get one.

Glad someone got Kalgan to answer my DK question from the BB chat even if it wasn't much of an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    Why does Blizz still start with the "maintenance will end at 11am PST" message. When there has never been a case of that actually happening (for the most part.)

Why not just say: "maintenance will end at 4pm PST", and incase it ends earlier: "Due to unforeseeable awesomeness and expedience on our part, the servers are back up earlier than expected."
    For patch days I agree they should just go ahead and have it end much later in the day. For normal maintenance I've definitely seen it end earlier than that.

@furydeath: Really? They do have a place to test patches, it's called the Public Test Realm...

Quote Originally Posted by mordras View Post
    For patch days I agree they should just go ahead and have it end much later in the day. For normal maintenance I've definitely seen it end earlier than that.
    Seriously. Did they really think they were going to have this done by 11AM PST when they can't bring up the servers at that time on a normal patch day?

they really should have them up by now they started very early in the morning and they expect them to be open at 5? thats around 12 hours. should be so much faster. come on blizz. -.-

Thats more than 12 hours, 12+2=14

Well difficulties always come out of no where, but still wished it wouldn't lol I got this tuesday off cause I wanted to see the new zones on the live server and get some quest in right away... now I have 15mins if servers come up at 5pm before raid QQ

Oh well I know the wait is worth it!

Oh goodness, I thought that it would probably be a little late, but I didn't think that it would be that late!

Quote Originally Posted by teh1tom View Post
    A draenei druid makes about as much sense as a tauren paladin.
    Those who commune with the earth mother should not commune with the light.
    But thats just my opinion, I know it would be way outside of race balancing but I would of rather seen a undead paladin
    ya ya and for those who say thats impossible lore wise because the undead cant use the magic of the light what about
    the undead holy priest.
    the lore about undead paladins is that paladins were immune to the scourge plague. there are no undead paladins because there were never any scourge paladins.

I'm not sure if this has been posted else where in the thread, but paid race change is now avail for the new race/class combos. My druid will be sporting Koolaid Mountain Berry Blast colored fur once the server is up.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    was hoping it would be up before i had to go to work... oh well :[

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    You need to read up on Tauren and Forsaken lore then.
    Holy Light:
    "The followers of the Holy Light do not worship any gods." < Quoted from your links

---------- Post added 2010-11-23 at 05:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77 View Post
    the lore about undead paladins is that paladins were immune to the scourge plague. there are no undead paladins because there were never any scourge paladins.
    Go to wowhead and type in Reanimated Crusader.

Another client patch is now being sent. It is of decent size (140 megs) so I'd guess the reason for the extended maintenance was they found some terrain issues that needed an update client side. I've not looked at the patch itself but I'd say with 99% reliability that the patch contains updates for various zones.