Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    bwuhhhauhuhuh... I watched the trailer with headphones on and cranked the volume to 11 and it BLEW MY MIND.

It'll take me at least 3 days to recover. how lucky, that's how long it'll take before the servers are stable
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoiledkid View Post
    So does this mean players can go to the new 80+ zones and start farming mats etc.?
    Unless you have a Cata account you can't enter the zones without being ported to the nearest GY or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Kretic View Post
    I respects everyones thoughts and concerns about what goes live Tuesday-Wednesday.

However...

I want to put it out there, no matter what changes blizzard implements... Most of us play for community of friends we have made over the years which we can call our family.

I know I wouldn't still be playing to this day if it was not for the people.

~Kretic
    You are so correct, my friend, if it weren't for that sense of community, camaderie and friendship, dare I say, like a 2nd family sometimes, I wouldn't be playing to this very day. I get irritated when someone, who plays so "perfectly" picks on someone with lesser knowledge of the game. On that note, it's just a damn game, that contributes ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IRL, except meeting people and enjoying playing virtually with them.

---------- Post added 2010-11-23 at 06:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Loredrin View Post
    Another client patch is now being sent. It is of decent size (140 megs) so I'd guess the reason for the extended maintenance was they found some terrain issues that needed an update client side. I've not looked at the patch itself but I'd say with 99% reliability that the patch contains updates for various zones.
    thanks, Loredrin, if i wouldn't have read you post, I would've been surprised with a pop download, might as well do it now while we wait for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by teh1tom View Post
    Go to wowhead and type in Reanimated Crusader.
    You got me there. I just remember reading about the lore that said that paladins are blessed by the light, and therefore did not fall to the plague.

Lore-wise undead priests are only supposed to be shadow priests, but compared to all the other healing classes it is the only one that really makes sense for the Forsaken.

I am not a big lord nerd, and perhaps someone who played the pre-WoW Warcraft games and read all the books can explain how undead paladins would make sense.

Undead hunters make sense due to Sylvanas (I don't think a hunter a far stretch from a ranger)
    Night Elf mages can be explained by the Shen'dralar
    I'm sure there are good back-stories for all the new race+class combos.
    Last edited by bloodwine77; 2010-11-23 at 11:00 PM.

Attention: Check your WoW Launcher/Blizzard Downloaders guys, I just got another 130-140mb download when I went to check server status (I know it said 5pm PST/8pm EST, but I checked on the off chance there was an update), and I had to download some more stuff. Why? Dunno. Might as well get it out of the way while we wait though, ay?

so what time will it be up in the UK?

My server is back online! I would imagine all others are too! Welcome to New Azeroth everyone!!! Happy questing!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77 View Post
    You got me there. I just remember reading about the lore that said that paladins are blessed by the light, and therefore did not fall to the plague.

Lore-wise undead priests are only supposed to be shadow priests, but compared to all the other healing classes it is the only one that really makes sense for the Forsaken.

I am not a big lord nerd, and perhaps someone who played the pre-WoW Warcraft games and read all the books can explain how undead paladins would make sense.

Undead hunters make sense due to Sylvanas (I don't think a hunter a far stretch from a ranger)
    Paladins are immune to the plague(the old one, the new one just melts people). The scourge, and now the Forsaken, don't use the plague anymore, they have the Valk'yr raise people now.
    The Forsaken may not have Paladins now but its not too hard to see how they could justify it in the future.

Deleted
    The "What's in Patch 4.0.3a" -list doesn't cover normal, individual achievements. Are they gonna be available at the time the patch launches?

10+ Year Old Account
    Laughing Skull - US is now online. Cheers!

All servers are up. GET TO IT!

We are all going to die!

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=lunaspike;9525428]My gf who loves WoW and has played a lock since vanilla has been flat out refusing to switch over to the The Old Republic when it launches. So this morning she's reading mmo-champion and says to me something like "so I will give The Old Republic a try". I'm like great, I can't wait. Now I know why lol. I tried telling her they were changing things up a bunch.

Now that bioware has confirmed it will be out in the next few months I'm happy as hell. Though I wish I hadn't wasted my money preordering her cataclysm now. It's cool, she's really into it, and we can play while we wait. Small amount of money to pay to get her to switch to something more fun. QUOTE]

I thought about trying this one, but the graphics look sort of odd ball. Who knows how good the gameplay will be. Honestly, I stopped caring about Star Wars: The Old Republic when I first discovered
    Rift: Planes of Telara.
    Seek that one out. Looks excellent. The class system looks insane. if you seek it out, keep in mind more classes have been added that aren't listed on the official site yet. Should be out first quarter of 2011. I sound like an advertisement.

I can see it contending with WoW. Though a lot of people said that about Aion too...

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77 View Post

how did the paladin in icecrown who got saved by A'dal got plague then

Deleted
    is it just me, or is the cataclysm intro far from HD quality ?
    looked kinda blurry sometimes and full of compression artifacts....
    almost as horrible as the ones shown on youtube etc.

i'm kinda...disappointed...

So, i might be blind but i didn't find anywhere answer to this question:

Can you actually buy that rare stuff, shields and such with Justice Points already in this patch? Of course you can't wear them yet. Just wondering..

just looked at the tanaris map, where i parked my rogue yesterday while killing those bandits for a quest... starting to regret that i didn't take those swimming lessons now...

Deleted
    Orc Priests are called to exist by your sheet, they don't and won't. Please correct it, it may confuse people.
    Otherwise if this few colour changes (which are about nothing according to the others) means they don't have, the artist fails to grey it out.
    Last edited by mmoc5b11f99268; 2010-11-24 at 09:12 AM.

Deleted
    EU servers back up now

Deleted
    Can i purchase the new race&class combination or i have to wait till Cataclysm?