Thread: New stormwind

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New stormwind

Hey everyone,

So after patch 4.03a I logged in and first thing I did was go check out the new sw because of the cinematic...
    I really loved everything, it looks very cartoony and fun I L.O.V.E the new textures and all except 1 thing...

Deathwing landed on the 2 towers at the entrance of sw you could see in the cinematic but in the game the entrance isn't really damaged just a little lava on the towers and the satue (of danath trollbane I believe) is gone.

I mean come on deathwing a.k.a super-mega-badass drake landed right at the entrance and it's hardly damaged I really expected alot more damage

/discuss

Deleted
    Heard the park was destroyed, this true?

there is no fight club

Stormwind is the only realistic city in the game with the amount of "useless" buildings, sidepaths, and back roads. They also have graveyards, statues, and memorials. The sheer thought put into Stormwind makes it my favorite city.

Deleted
    Well, atleast he got rid of all the non-horde druids

Perhaps it was rebuilt and you just didn't notice.

(The reason why they didn't incorperate this into the game should be obvious. They don't want to have to redesign parts of the game world every few weeks, and neither would they want to keep a central part of a major city in ruins for the whole expansion.)

If you look at the cinematic, and then look at the damage in the game, its the exact same. The cinematic shows him come swooping in from the Maelstrom (or out in that general direction)swing upwards over trade district, and thenland right on top of the towers. His claws/blood start melting into the towers and then he leaves them behind and knocks over Danath Trollbane's statue, and then I guess he walks out the front door or flies off from there. Or turns around and blasts the park.... xD Its not like they left any of the damage he did in the cinematic out. Dunno what you're complaining about.

Cough,cough, you forgot his butt and legs. Those are friggin massive,yet no signs of them .
    Most people are under the belief that I think i am better than everyone else
    this is false
    I know i am better than everyone else
    So in end of day, most ppl not even good

I prefer to think that we were shielded by the Light from giant molten dragon butts. On a side note, we should be glad he didn't flatulate.

Deleted
    i think SW is pretty same old same old its not changed much its just a little prettier as for ogrimmar that is a whole new city i was kinda gutted i think tis time to go horde

Deleted
    In the cinematic Deathwing just landed on the towers and roared. He didn't go all bat-shit-crazy and destroyed the entire place, so you shouldn't really expect more destruction than what is already there.

Also, if you pay attention, you can see parts of the bridge scorched from his presence, so it's not just the missing statue and claw marks left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Cough,cough, you forgot his butt and legs. Those are friggin massive,yet no signs of them .
    How very true.

from what I understand he came to Stormwind to collect the head of Onyxia so he could raise his fallen children. You don't see that in the cinematic because they wanted the cinematic to look amazing not factual. So please don't take it as a bible and demand a total perfect representation of events. It's eyecandy and not a storyline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by strombae View Post
    i think SW is pretty same old same old its not changed much its just a little prettier as for ogrimmar that is a whole new city i was kinda gutted i think tis time to go horde
    Org needed a change badly, stormwind (imo) was perfect already.

Quote Originally Posted by Karoc View Post
    On a side note, we should be glad he didn't flatulate.
    Everyone wonders HOW he destroyed the park... I think we have our answer.

---------- Post added 2010-11-27 at 12:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Caiden View Post
    Org needed a change badly, stormwind (imo) was perfect already.
    Org definitely did. I've only recently been able to enjoy Stormwind (2-3 months) so I absolutely loved it still. I'm quite sure people who have been there for 5 years have gotten as tired of it as I have of old Orgrimmar.

Hopefully Park will be rebuilt and there will be a Varians statue-even bigger one!
    Most people are under the belief that I think i am better than everyone else
    this is false
    I know i am better than everyone else
    So in end of day, most ppl not even good

I didn't notice a difference except the park. Of course, I am horde and I have only been to Stormwind to kill allies and their king. Still I barely saw anything change. Stormwind will never be as cool as Org.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Think if you compare the two maps on this page: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/1630-Stormwind you'll notice a few subtle differences.

I personally don't like new Orgrimmar, I got used to the old layout.

I still don't like being in SW haha, the cartoony feel is nice n everything, i just think ill always prefer IF ;p