Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Re-creation Of The World

Deathwing is breaking free. The world will be remade.

So if the world meets its end tonight, and it apparently will, what are possible explanations how some things change radically in the space of a few hours?

For example, we will wake up after the shattering, and we will discover that Desolace is now a lush grassland, seemingly over night. Or the Dark Forest in the Blasted Lands, complete with Bridges and a whole new settlement.

How can this be?!
    http://tinyurl.com/2crmw28

Deleted
    Kael'thas did it.

So you held disbelief of all things WoW since the original release in Nov 2004, but now all of a sudden you want to call it out for this one specific event?

Do you ever watch movies? Movies are about 2 hours right? Well in the movie days, weeks , even years pass in that same 2 hours you are watching the film.

Why doesn't this apply, or why can't this apply to a computer game? After all do you think they re-built whole cities (SW / Org) over night as well...and Anduin is now a teenager as well, surely he didn't go from like 8 or 9 or whatever to a teen in a course of a few hours.

TLDR -- Dude you're gonna have to just use some imagination here....

Because some time passes between the moment the Shattering happens and when you actually log in game.

You (the person) will probably log right after it happens, but in reality, in-game when you log (the char), a few months (years, idk) have gone by.

And Anduin for exemple, he's been growing up. Some years passed by from Vanilla to BC and then from BC to WotLK. His model hasn't been updated often, but he's growing up as time passes of course. It just seems weird because his model will get updated suddenly, but you have to imagine that's actually, RIGHT NOW, he's not 8-9, he's around 14-15 maybe.

Oh don't take it so seriously...how about have some imagination of your own and come up with a creative answer.
    http://tinyurl.com/2crmw28

Ahmg you mean time doesn't pass in game the same way it passes in real life!! No wai....

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Ahmg you mean time doesn't pass in game the same way it passes in real life!! No wai....

Is that a Corgi on your avatar? Epic WIN!

Deleted
    He breaks the world pillar, causing the earth to "shatter" zones are ripped apart and elements dont like this, you'll see the giant creator that splits the eastern kingdoms into two (Well not really, but it's pretty neat anyway)

Deathwing himself doesnt go around all these zones changing things, it just happens as a result of damaging the world pillar

As for the bridges etc I think that was blizzards way of saying "you did quests for these in the old world they're now built we just didnt have phasing technology"

No idea how Garrosh does that tho... Hell, he must be one good leader :P
    Last edited by mmocd49f6b11c7; 2010-11-22 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mswebb88 View Post
    Is that a Corgi on your avatar? Epic WIN!
    It is a Corgi Specifically it is Ein from Cowboy Bebop who is a genius corgi

Deleted
    old Azeroth is merely a setback. And forget deathwing, new azeroth is just a dream of chuck norris

It is a Corgi Specifically it is Ein from Cowboy Bebop who is a genius corgi
    I have a Corgi, and you can tell that she thinks shes a genius, too. Must be a Corgi thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obao98 View Post
    Because some time passes between the moment the Shattering happens and when you actually log in game.

You (the person) will probably log right after it happens, but in reality, in-game when you log (the char), a few months (years, idk) have gone by.

And Anduin for exemple, he's been growing up. Some years passed by from Vanilla to BC and then from BC to WotLK. His model hasn't been updated often, but he's growing up as time passes of course. It just seems weird because his model will get updated suddenly, but you have to imagine that's actually, RIGHT NOW, he's not 8-9, he's around 14-15 maybe.

There is a 5 year differance between wrath and cata

10+ Year Old Account

hehe this x 100 times.

We're all "Rip Van Winkle".
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

Deleted
    They are updating the old world from how it was 6 years ago. So really if you go on the lore and not the time it takes for the shattering to happen for us irl then this could have taken weeks or months. Think about it, none of the characters have really changed or ages for 6 years how does that work out?

its not supposed to be as if its over night. sure to us it seems that way. but lore wise some of these changes have been going on for a while now, and there is supposed to be a slight gap in time between us killing the LK and DW coming up.

I think Nozdormu is in on it. He realized that if we were around during the actual shattering, we might put all of our shamans in a room and save the world. He wants to take us out though and saving the world (again) wouldn't do that so he teleports us to a time after the shattering has occured where it is too late to save the world. Little does he know we still have thrall MWAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

Actually I think my character went into a coma and just woke up 2 years from now..

Not really.

You have to understand that not only are the zone's changing to reflect the changes made durring the actual Cataclysm, but also the changes made durring the entire 6 years since they were first released.

The Argent Crusade has likely been nation-building and cleansing the land in the Plaguelands since shortly after the fall of the Lich King, Mankirk probably buried his wife well before the Cataclysm happened, the positive changes to Stormwind likely occured well before the Cataclysm happened and certianly before Deathwing attacked the city, Lor'danel in Darkshore was probably built years ago, the Defias were initally defeated well before WotLK, etc.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Time was merely a setback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].