Thread: AQ 20 to AQ 10

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

AQ 20 to AQ 10

I did not see it in the patch note's but I was wondering what they planned on doing for AQ 20 I know it's going to be AQ 10 but is that going to be for lvl 60 content or will it be upgraded to lvl 85 content

only lvl 60, AQ 20 doesnt change at all, they just change the number of maximal participants, so that its easier to get the Guild Achievement.

Both AQ 20 and 40 are staying just as they are I believe. They just made it where you can fly over the instance now like it is it's own zone.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

AQ 10 (previously AQ20) will still be level 60. I imagine they changed it because they wanted to get rid of 20 man raids altogether.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    AQ 10 (previously AQ20) will still be level 60. I imagine they changed it because they wanted to get rid of 20 man raids altogether.
    Yup, this.

I imagine there is a technical limitation in the WoW engine where they wanted to remove 20-mans altogether.
    Edit: Or maybe they wanted to do it for the sake of beginners. "There are 10-man and 25-man raids, currently, and some 40-man raids from past eras."

It is just TOO convenient that both ZG is getting removed and AQ20 is getting downsized.
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-11-22 at 11:33 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

well with gems,new talents, and glyths it be to easy unless there buffing them like the did to all the old level 60 instances yes they nerf there level but greatly buff there damage and hp XD. They also increased the drop rates on vanilla 5 man epics.
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

Tested today: As of 4.03a (Shattering) AQ'40 is still lvl 60 and still 40 man.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iza View Post
    only lvl 60, AQ 20 doesnt change at all, they just change the number of maximal participants, so that its easier to get the Guild Achievement.
    ^^^^This

For the guild achivement you need a percentage of your guild to be present in the instance to get the achievement. If they were 40/20 you would need over 25 people just to receive your AQ40 achievement.

Is it 6 and 15 now?

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Yup, this.

I imagine there is a technical limitation in the WoW engine where they wanted to remove 20-mans altogether.
    Edit: Or maybe they wanted to do it for the sake of beginners. "There are 10-man and 25-man raids, currently, and some 40-man raids from past eras."

It is just TOO convenient that both ZG is getting removed and AQ20 is getting downsized.
    It's being removed because of guild achievements. There was no reason from a technical standpoint to code in things for 20mans when only one existed and they already had existing code for 10's.

As for ZG, they're probably making it a 5man later. Jin'do is at large, working with Zanzil to bring back the priests so they can resurrect Hakkar.
    Probably a 5man at that level range(stranglethorn) with a level 85 heroic mode.