Poll: Ladygaga Yes/No

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    I would hardly consider becoming one of today's biggest names in music, "A waste of talent". Sure maybe she could have become some sort of Jazz singer, and maybe she would have become popular in that genre, but in no way would she have ever been able to become the icon that she is today.
    There's a difference between pop icon and icon. If you're an icon for music in general, you've made it so big that you're well-known by everybody, and everybody listens to you or has listened to you somewhere along the line. The Rolling Stones, Bob Marley, Elvis, etc. Lady GaGa is not a musical icon, she is a current pop icon. Britney Spears was a current pop icon, now she doesn't release music and if she did nobody would even care. If she became a jazz singer, she'd have some serious competition though, because Norah Jones owns that category.

Now if she can keep her fame for many years with album after album of hits, then it's fair to call her an icon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would hardly consider becoming one of today's biggest names in music, "A waste of talent". Sure maybe she could have become some sort of Jazz singer, and maybe she would have become popular in that genre, but in no way would she have ever been able to become the icon that she is today.
    Just because you're popular, doesn't mean you're talented. Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta has talent, Lady Gaga does not.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    A theme that I have come to notice on this particular forum is that few people tend to accept what talent means. Talent doesn't disappear because of a stage name. It doesn't disappear because a popular song does not require extraordinary amounts of skill to pull off. Not to say that I am describing you, but people tend to familiarize talent with their appreciation of the artist.

Bob Dylan is talented... but I despise the sound of his voice and can't listen to his songs for more than 2 minutes because they are boring as fuck in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    The stage act of Lady Gaga has no talent, Stefani Germanotta has a lot of talent. She chose to waste on these meh pop songs. I really can't wait until this phase of music dies out.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Lady gaga has talent. One of the most talented trolls I've ever seen. Unfortunately I say no to trolls.

I'm only 19 so I wasn't "there", but is Lady Gaga anything more than Madonna was? :S

And don't worry Rageissues, Jimmi Hendrix has you covered

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    The stage act of Lady Gaga has no talent, Stefani Germanotta has a lot of talent. She chose to waste on these meh pop songs. I really can't wait until this phase of music dies out.
    All you've done is restated your opinion without taking any points from my post. I can respect opinions, but I still have no idea what you are trying to say or how a talented person can somehow have no talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    All you've done is restated your opinion without taking any points from my post. I can respect opinions, but I still have no idea what you are trying to say or how a talented person can somehow have no talent.
    Ok... "Lady Gaga" has talent, but she wastes it. Do you get what I am saying?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Just because you're popular, doesn't mean you're talented. Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta has talent, Lady Gaga does not.
    Yes that makes perfect sense, but its just was when you elaborated and said this ^^^ that your message was lost by saying that a talented person lacks talent.

Deleted
    lady gaga... nom nom nom im a little monster and she's mother monster

Deleted
    i hate her ! XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetronix View Post
    i hate her ! XD
    Reasons?? What did she do to you that you hate her?

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    Reasons?? What did she do to you that you hate her?
    She got a massive fanbase. Therefore, all you have to say is "LG SUCKS" and you're already a 12/10 troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    There's a difference between pop icon and icon. If you're an icon for music in general, you've made it so big that you're well-known by everybody, and everybody listens to you or has listened to you somewhere along the line. The Rolling Stones, Bob Marley, Elvis, etc. Lady GaGa is not a musical icon, she is a current pop icon. Britney Spears was a current pop icon, now she doesn't release music and if she did nobody would even care.
    Couldnt agree more she's ok but jesus a icon? phh ye right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    She got a massive fanbase. Therefore, all you have to say is "LG SUCKS" and you're already a 12/10 troll.
    Ahh... my mind must be getting affected by the country music you are torturing me with. BTW, like the Christmas version of your avatar.

Deleted
    Great Musician, very talented, but theres absolutely no need for the over-the-top attempt to be as weird as possible in order to get media attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been over 40 years, and people still listen to the Beatles.

It's been a year and a half, and no one listens to "just dance."
    She'll probably wear a unitard made of cat heads to the mtv music awards.

*a voice in the background quietly says "dats not funny."

Or even better , she will use human skin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Promethax View Post
    It's been over 40 years, and people still listen to the Beatles.

It's been a year and a half, and no one listens to "just dance."
    She'll probably wear a unitard made of cat heads to the mtv music awards.

*a voice in the background quietly says "dats not funny."
    Just because the radio doesn't spam a song doesn't mean that nobody listens to Just Dance. Ask around. If you talk to anyone who likes anything that she has put out, chances are that they like Just Dance still. But your originality in saying that the Beatles are well known is commendable, I didn't know that..

Deleted
    She's talented, which is more than you can say for the rest of the 'pop' collection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because the radio doesn't spam a song doesn't mean that nobody listens to Just Dance. Ask around. If you talk to anyone who likes anything that she has put out, chances are that they like Just Dance still. But your originality in saying that the Beatles are well known is commendable, I didn't know that..
    *applause

Good job at missing the point.
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

"Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who