Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixelhero View Post
    Lmao, worst opinion ever. If you want to optimize your gaming to its best potential, get a mouse with 5+ buttons.
    Yeah, possibly the worst opinion ever.

I have friends like this, who argue for things like a 22" monitor over a 24" (same panel tech)

Its like WTF are you talking about? Do you want to gimp yourself? Unless its an argument of afford-ability, its total nonsense, if not borderline stupidity.

Get a Razer Naga. Do it. Seriously :P

I played with a normal mouse, and after switching to Razer Naga, I wondered, "How the fuck did I play with using 1 hand to move and use my hotbar??". If there's one thing the Naga does, it lets you seamlessly move and use your abilities at the same time, having your left hand dedicated to WSAD, and your right hand dedicated to clicking/hotbar abilities. Only took me two weeks or so to get fully used to it, and I saw a big improvement in my "Not Dying" skill :P

Best WoW-related $70 I ever spent.

Quote Originally Posted by SingleCellOrganism View Post
    I have friends like this, who argue for things like a 22" monitor over a 24" (same panel tech)

Its like WTF are you talking about? Do you want to gimp yourself? Unless its an argument of afford-ability, its total nonsense, if not borderline stupidity.
    ....Comparing a regular 2-button mouse to a gaming mouse with 5+ buttons is not "22 inch monitor to 24 inch monitor". WTF are you talking about? Monitors and mice have nothing to do with each other, in this sense. Having a multi-button mouse lets you bind things to the buttons, allowing you to more easily access them, instead of having to use one of your hands to reach over somewhere on the keyboard and press a button.

Also..."If it's not about affordability, it's stupid!", eh? /Sigh...
    Last edited by Vook; 2010-11-23 at 10:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Keyboard: Logitech G15- the old version!- or G19 (I haven't used the G19, but reviews seem to say it's better than the G15). The old version of the G15 can be really hard to get, though. In english, anyway.

Mouse: This can depend alot on the build of your hand. Razer is supposed to be awesome, but I can't vouch for it- shape wasn't quite right for me. I can say the Logitech 9x works great... Very customizable. I can't stand playing games using any other mouse now.

Something else about the blue G15: it's tough. Really tough. My first one suffered all kinds of abuse without dying, including having a glass of coke spilled right into the keys; it took having an entire fishbowl of water dumped into it to kill it. (And it probably would have survived that, if it hadn't been on at the time.)
    Last edited by Alternategray; 2010-11-23 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Get a Razer Naga. Do it. Seriously :P

I played with a normal mouse, and after switching to Razer Naga, I wondered, "How the fuck did I play with using 1 hand to move and use my hotbar??". If there's one thing the Naga does, it lets you seamlessly move and use your abilities at the same time, having your left hand dedicated to WSAD, and your right hand dedicated to clicking/hotbar abilities. Only took me two weeks or so to get fully used to it, and I saw a big improvement in my "Not Dying" skill :P

Best WoW-related $70 I ever spent.

....Comparing a regular 2-button mouse to a gaming mouse with 5+ buttons is not "22 inch monitor to 24 inch monitor". WTF are you talking about? Also..."If it's not about affordability, it's stupid!", eh? /Sigh...
    Clicking is bad, mmmkay?

Deleted
    Currently using my Macbook so the keyboard is a standard mac laptop one, but I use the Razer Naga with that. Will however change once I get my new gaming PC, not sure what keyboard to get though... decisions, decisions.

for keyboard i have no clue but get a Razer Naga mouse best mouse ever - key bindings just got trivial

I am using the Logitech G15 gaming keyboard + Razer Nage MMO Gaming mouse = EPIC COMBO.

Seriously, it is a bit pricey, the keyboard in Canada runs you about 99.99 the mouse is also 99.99, so altogether it is around 240 Dollars, but it is more than worth it. Naga is the best mouse I have ever had, and the G15 is an amazing keyboard. Totally worth it.

Belkin n52te, or as Razer have officially taken over it, whatever they're calling it now. Best accessory I could have bought for raiding. I hardly touch my keyboard anymore.

I care not for the razer.. i've tried a lot of different mice(lol?) for most of the time I used my logitech G5 mouse (worked wonders) and my G15 keyboard..

but atm I'm using a 10bucks microsoft white two button+scroll wheel optical mouse.. and seriously, if fucking kicks ass not the most fancy with the most buttons, but it damn well works and have given me some quite nice headshots over the time (ahh CS 1.6 days <3)

Razer Naga as most said and logitech g15, but might change keyboard to the new Razer keyboard , any1 tried that yet ? waitin for it to b available in my country

btw, any1 knows if there is a razer or any other brand that does the "pedal" ? like the 1 posted on blizzard store (but always sold out)
    if yes,any good brand suggestions for it ?

The best gaming keyboard is a simple one that feels good in your hands. Razer mice are overpriced, imo, but the extra buttons on the Naga come in handy. Personally I use a simple generic logitech keyboard and a logitech g9 mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeful_D View Post
    Clicking is bad, mmmkay?
    You've got every single ability/item you use binded to a keyboard key? You don't, ya know, have a little bar above your hotbar with medium-cooldown abilities that you click once in a while?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

I'm quite fond of the Sidewinder line of mice and keyboards.

Deleted
    I have been playing professional CS, and gladiator several times with different characters(also highend pve top40 world)

I am currently using:
    Keyboard: SteelSeries 6G. This is a mechanic keyboard, short and heavy. Mechanic means that you push the button right as it press it down. On other keyboards you need to push it 70% down first. So, faster reactions etc.
    This also comes with both PS2 and USB. Meaning that if you use PS2, you will be able to press _ALL_ buttons at the keyboard, and it will register them all. At another keyboard, it will register 5 maximum(ish)

Mouse: Zowie EC1.
    This has no inbuilt acceleration, no mousedrivers. Its good for full-palm grip. This has mouse4 and 5(at the sides) and nothing else.
    I hope youre not one of those players that wants 9 buttons on a mouse, because its faster.(which it only in rare cases are... For example as a disc priest with clique)

I am not saying I know everything about equipment.. but I have tried all products from top gaming equipment sellers, and I still stick with those.

edit: Should be mentioned that every player, has his own needs.
    Perhaps you want a mouse thats smaller, because you have a fingergrip.
    Stuff likely.

logitech g15 keyboard. the g19 looks sweet, but is pretty expensive. i love the display to see who is talking on vent.
    razer mouse (they are all great, personally use an 3 year old diamondback)
    belkin n52te gamepad (i use this for everything except typeing)

Deleted
    any keyboard you are comfortable with ^_^

And mouse... Well reading what most ppl use, I don't really think they actually make full (or even half) use of their mouse. IMHO anything with a decent DPI and some extra buttons will do, you don't have to go for a overkill. But gimmicks (like naga) are nice as well. Used it a bit myself and I must say, I was surprised how well it fits. I always imagined it to be huge and clumsy, but it's actually really well balanced. But as I've said before, most ppl won't actually use it to full potential and will end up binding some useless crap to side buttons. Like vanity pets or different mounts. I've seen this happen >_< I think healers will get most benefit out of it, combined with macros or, even better, cique addon.

Anyway, just find a mouse that fits your hand and you'll do better with it, than with some super cool 150$ one.

Almost forgot- if you do get a high-end mouse, get a Razer Vespula pad (or similar) to go with it. The difference between a regular mousepad and the Vespula is pretty big.

Razer Naga and G15. Why settle for less when you can have the best :P

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do yourself a favor and buy yourself a Razer Lycosa keyboard with a Logitech G5 mouse. Nuff said

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can use a Razer Naga efficiently, it is the #1 choice, hands down.

No idea for keyboards, I use my Laptop's keyboard.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥