Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    well if you mages didnt notice.. pilgrim always was worth alot of money as the HS has a too long CD and you have to go around the world to level your cooking. once cata is out, you wont be making alot anymore as the only place to go will once again be orgrimmar..
    however, cant see why people pay 20g for a portal XD idiots!

gg

I made 0G, cause i'm a nice mage and port for free.

And it's funny when mages are advertising portals for 20g in trade and i advertise for free under them.

on my lvl 46 mage, i set my hs to dalaran before patch. now i'm swimming in gold ducktales style !

That's it, in an hour? I clear over 700 in about 20 minutes @ 10g per portal. Ended up just loading people into a raid (invited after they paid) and dropped a portal every 10-20 people.

While it was fun, it's still only like 2100g/hour and the time cost/benefit analysis isn't even close to that of playing the AH.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I got on my mage and gave free ports

screw jerks
    ROFL Ive been doing that since 4.0.3a. There was one guy who spammed trade with his macro as soon as his trade chat timer went down. He actually named his porting business. So i hopped on my mage and started porting people for free. He got mad, laughs were had. Morally speaking charging people anything over 1g is just plain wrong. The reagent doesnt even cost 1g! let alone 20!

Deleted
    1 guy in my server put up some portals and let ppl use them for free

pff.. i made 200g on giving free portals... :3

Well, I made close to 400G for 16 stacks of 5 spice bread. 3 minutes effort, thats it Materials cost: 1s 60c for 80 simple four and 80 mild spices. And some copper for listing auctions. One spice bread sold for 5g 25s
    Profit: close to 1 milion %

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    On my Realm most mages are giving away portals for free

I don't give portals away OR charge for them. I just don't do them for people, period.

But I AM enjoying seeing all the non-mages cry and bitch about being charged.

Maybe blizz wants us to spend less time in Dala and more time in the old world they just revamped.

Deleted
    Lol, the raiding community on shadowsong means theres always free portals as long as you ask nicely and if you roll a mage its a courtesy most people afford in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    I'm confident that what you type makes sense to you, but that complete mess you posted is barely comprehensible for the rest of us.

To answer your question: No, you are not right. Blizzard did not take away portals so Mages could make more money.
    ignore him. its for your best health interest.
    I for one don't do ports just because, heck i turned down people willing to pay 40g today. Sometimes i refuse because they whisper me from the other corner of the world and while i'm not even in a town. Obviously they don't think my business is as important as their, so i just ignore the plight.
    But when i do make portals, its either free, for everyone i know, even if they're friends of friends, or i ask for whatever the person is willing to pay,whilst stating that the mats cost are enough if he so wishes to pay. Sometimes they pay more, sometimes they pay minimum. Never cared really.

Also this weird Portal rage seems useless considering we'll still be bottle-fed in cata with portals to every new (cata) area.
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.

i logged my mage alt last night, standing in dalaran /y FREE PORTALS TO ORG AND UC, /W FOR INVITE !

i only did it to annoy the mages that where charging 50g for portals and i stood there for a hour, keeping those portals open and at one point i had to change my grp to a raid so i could let all use it.

Deleted
    I felt bad for all the ppl begging for portals so i logged my mage, invited about 20 ppl to a raid group and gave them portals for free <3

Deleted
    10g per portal made 1200g sofar last night

Quote Originally Posted by Qleoc View Post
    Good thing you earn gold on pepole being lazy.
    I was doing the holiday dailies in UC when someone asked for a portal to Org. THAT is lazy.

I've been put on the black list of every mage on my server and I've been getting hate tells since the patch went live. I have access to 3 mages that I have placed in dal org and UC and I give out free ports on all 3 of them at the same time for about 6 hours a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Silver
    "Now, you listen to me, James Hawkins. You got the makings of greatness in you, but you got to take the helm and chart your own course. Stick to it, no matter the squalls! And when the time comes you get the chance to really test the cut of your sails, and show what you're made of! Well, I hope I'm there, catching some of the light coming off you that day."

15+ Year Old Account
    People pay for convenience.

And I took advantage of that by charging 10g per portal all day yesterday in Dalaran ^^

The life of a mage is sweet at the moment.