Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyonepin View Post
    Now thats real science at work!
    Corrected. Lol, thanks for pointing it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is actually proven on EJ many times over.

Alliance:

Tanking - NE
    DPS - Worgen
    PvP - Worgen

wow thanks for all the help!

Deleted
    female dwarf, booty parry yo

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to tank, Nelf for Avoidance.

If you want to DPS, I'd go either Draenei for the Hit or Worgen for the Crit.

If you want to PvP...then I can't help you. lol.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Dwarf FTW. As a few have said before, they just look badass in their gear.

PvE - Nelf/Dwarf
    PvP - Gnome. Warriors seem most susceptible to snares and gnomes have a low-cd anti-snare racial
    WTB talented signature creators!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberbia View Post
    you know cuz their racials skills
    ....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post
    Gnome of course for the looks
    Personally i think gnomes look awful in gear, you cant see anything on them! is to tiny!
    and the blue aliens just look like refrigerators with legs, go dwarf
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Falk View Post
    If you wanted looks only, I doubt you'd have asked here.. As for the best dps race, Worgen is the best, as it grants the most secondary stat (compared to human/draenei) + it has a nice movement ability which eliminates the use of speed enchants when added with the many movement utilities we get.. as for tanking, the NE racial allows you to use less mastery and more hit/exp/sta which is pure win for tanking..
    Actually I think Draenei get more out of Heroic Presence than Worgen get out of their 1% crit.

This is because of a couple things:

1. Hit is a super heavy stat at the moment for warriors, especially Fury warriors given that we rely on hitting an enemy to generate our resources.

2. While hit currently isn't a problem in LK gear, LK gear is so far over budget at the moment it's silly. The moment someone hits 81 though, BAM they are going to be under hit cap again.

3. Leveling, while you level you're constantly under the hit cap. As stated before hit is super important to warriors and for fury warriors especially, each white swing you miss is also a yellow attack you won't be able to afford, so essentially you're missing twice.

Now once gear gets up there again where we can just forge right to the hit cap with no problems then it won't be as big a deal and the extra crit will take precedence again, but for leveling up there's not much nicer than that 1% hit. Also if they then load raid gear down with a lot of hit it'll allow you to reforge a pretty good chunk of that into mastery, crit, expertise and the like.

So my money is on Draenei for leveling - don't discount the heal either to keep away the downtime - but I think outside of the male draenei spear attack animation Worgens are just niftier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Actually I think Draenei get more out of Heroic Presence than Worgen get out of their 1% crit.

This is because of a couple things:

1. Hit is a super heavy stat at the moment for warriors, especially Fury warriors given that we rely on hitting an enemy to generate our resources.

2. While hit currently isn't a problem in LK gear, LK gear is so far over budget at the moment it's silly. The moment someone hits 81 though, BAM they are going to be under hit cap again.

3. Leveling, while you level you're constantly under the hit cap. As stated before hit is super important to warriors and for fury warriors especially, each white swing you miss is also a yellow attack you won't be able to afford, so essentially you're missing twice.

Now once gear gets up there again where we can just forge right to the hit cap with no problems then it won't be as big a deal and the extra crit will take precedence again, but for leveling up there's not much nicer than that 1% hit. Also if they then load raid gear down with a lot of hit it'll allow you to reforge a pretty good chunk of that into mastery, crit, expertise and the like.

So my money is on Draenei for leveling - don't discount the heal either to keep away the downtime - but I think outside of the male draenei spear attack animation Worgens are just niftier.
    Hit 120.109 per %
    Crit 179.28 per %
    Source: http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t29453-c..._85_cataclysm/

In short: Worgen is 59,171 rating better than Draenei - this is a rough asumption, made possibly with reforging.. add Darkflight to this, and you've got the best DPS race for a warrior.. in addition, you proclaim that the self heal is not to be overlooked? have you even tried questing/leveling with Field Dressing Talent + Blood Craze Talent + BT Glyph + 2x VR Glyph? Add Enraged Regeneration too that, and you won't have to sit down even once from 80-85..

15+ Year Old Account
    Hit 120.109 per %
    Crit 179.28 per %

In short: Worgen is 59,171 rating better than Draenei - this is a rough asumption, made possibly with reforging.. add Darkflight to this, and you've got the best DPS race for a warrior.. in addition, you proclaim that the self heal is not to be overlooked? have you even tried questing/leveling with Field Dressing Talent + Blood Craze Talent + BT Glyph + 2x VR Glyph? Add Enraged Regeneration too that, and you won't have to sit down even once from 80-85..
    You can use two same glyphs?

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Hit 120.109 per %
    Crit 179.28 per %

Nope, haven't tried that at all, hell I'm not even subscribed right now and I'm thinking of sitting Cat out. I think the only thing that would really draw me back in would be if I ran into a group of folks I really liked and they all subscribed and were in a guild together.

Anyway, we're not just talking about 80 to 85 here - at least in my mind, the OP makes things rather vague just saying that his brother "switched factions" but not saying if the bro is doing a paid faction/race change.

Anyway, great points, but again a lot of it depends on if you're talking level 80 to 85 or earlier.

You can't even start in on field dressing until level 71 if you go Fury. Although Blood Craze, Blood Thirst and Victory Rush should all help you out immensely if you are just leveling up. Also at level 85 with the HEROIC T11 gear you only get 2.806% (334 rating) of the 27% hit % you need. (http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=942) and yes, I know this doesn't include things like your reforging (and there is a buttload of haste you can reforge on it) or the extra items, but even with the extra 3% hit you're only about 1/5 of the way there. So you'll need another 2,522.289 hit rating.

Or if you're a draenei you'll need 2,402.18, which is nicer.

So where else do we get the biggest chunk of hit rating? Weapons! So here's a list: http://www.wowhead.com/items=2?filte...rs=1:1;crv=0:0

Looks like Askandi heroic will give us the biggest chunk of hit.

But now I'm noticing something else, the wowhead numbers for hit % per point of rating don't equal the amounts you've given.

For example their Askandi gives 8.36% of your hit at level 85 with a rating of 257 - so if you were DWing them it would cover over 1/2 your hit budget.

Under your numbers that would only give 2.1397% of the hit you need, which is substantially less.

So I'm going to suspend my math here, but leave it up since I found it interesting at least, until either wowhead updates to better numbers at 85 or EJ is proven incorrect. Either of which can be figured out with just a screenshot or two from beta at 85 after wiping all your talents and equiping a single item with hit rating on it.

Anyway, my tl:dr point here is this: the more scarce hit is the more important it becomes. It's most scarce while leveling up and at the starter raiding tier - whom here hasn't made pretty huge sacrifices of one thing or another to become hit capped? As such the Draenei is in my opinion a better choice AT THIS JUNCTURE. As raids and gear progresses the crit will surpass the hit if it requires more crit rating for 1% crit over 1% hit.

screw racials and math. Night elf Stealth charging ftw

NE has an awesome racial for pvp. Pve your focus Go dwarf or draenei, 10% armor clicky or decent HoT. Up to your brother.

should have a poll IMO. Human btw

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    [Stats]
    I think Gnomes should get some extra points in PvP for being a pain in the ass to click on. :P

First of all unless you are trying to be the number one dps in a top 200 guild race really wont make a big difference.

If you are a tank
    1)Night Elf, Avoidance is amazing
    2)Dwarves, removes debuffs and 10% armor for 12 seconds i believe almost like a third trinket, expertise.
    3)Worgen, purely because that sprint helps any roll greatly to get away from things to pull things out of range, etc. Also crit helps
    4)Humans, every man for himself, and expertise
    5)Dreanai, the extra hit and resist
    6)Gnomes, not much to help for tanking, but has some expertise

If you are dps for pve
    1)Worgen, the 1% crit and the utility darkflight is awesome
    2)Dreanai, 1% hit helps alot and a self heal which will help in cata to save healers mana
    3)Human, the expertise helps
    4)Night Elf, although no dps increasing talents shadowmeld if timed right can easily save you from dying and remember a dead dps does no dps
    5)Dwarf, expertise
    6)Gnome, expertise

For PvP
    1)Gnome, the racial is short cooldown and helps if stuck in a snare
    2)Worgen, a 15 second sprint helps alot
    3)Dwarf, debuff removal and armor to help you last longer
    4)Night Elves, avoidance and resistance, plus shadowmeld can save you
    5)Dreanai, small self heal and hit
    6)Humans, although their racial used to be the best, its 3 minute shared cooldown now takes the purpose away from using it since you will want the 2 minute cooldown more.

Looks (in my opinion)

Fury Warrior
    1)Worgen
    2)Night Elf
    3)Human
    4)Dwarf
    5)Gnome
    6)Dreanai

Arms Warrior
    1)Night Elf
    2)Human
    3)Worgen
    4)Dwarf
    5)Dreanai
    6)Gnome

Protection Warrior
    1)Dwarf
    2)Dreanai
    3)Night Elf
    4)Worgen
    5)Human
    6)Gnome

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Nope, haven't tried that at all, hell I'm not even subscribed right now and I'm thinking of sitting Cat out. I think the only thing that would really draw me back in would be if I ran into a group of folks I really liked and they all subscribed and were in a guild together.

Anyway, we're not just talking about 80 to 85 here - at least in my mind, the OP makes things rather vague just saying that his brother "switched factions" but not saying if the bro is doing a paid faction/race change.

Anyway, great points, but again a lot of it depends on if you're talking level 80 to 85 or earlier.

You can't even start in on field dressing until level 71 if you go Fury. Although Blood Craze, Blood Thirst and Victory Rush should all help you out immensely if you are just leveling up. Also at level 85 with the HEROIC T11 gear you only get 2.806% (334 rating) of the 27% hit % you need. (http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=942) and yes, I know this doesn't include things like your reforging (and there is a buttload of haste you can reforge on it) or the extra items, but even with the extra 3% hit you're only about 1/5 of the way there. So you'll need another 2,522.289 hit rating.

Or if you're a draenei you'll need 2,402.18, which is nicer.

So where else do we get the biggest chunk of hit rating? Weapons! So here's a list: http://www.wowhead.com/items=2?filte...rs=1:1;crv=0:0

Looks like Askandi heroic will give us the biggest chunk of hit.

But now I'm noticing something else, the wowhead numbers for hit % per point of rating don't equal the amounts you've given.

For example their Askandi gives 8.36% of your hit at level 85 with a rating of 257 - so if you were DWing them it would cover over 1/2 your hit budget.

Under your numbers that would only give 2.1397% of the hit you need, which is substantially less.

So I'm going to suspend my math here, but leave it up since I found it interesting at least, until either wowhead updates to better numbers at 85 or EJ is proven incorrect. Either of which can be figured out with just a screenshot or two from beta at 85 after wiping all your talents and equiping a single item with hit rating on it.

Anyway, my tl:dr point here is this: the more scarce hit is the more important it becomes. It's most scarce while leveling up and at the starter raiding tier - whom here hasn't made pretty huge sacrifices of one thing or another to become hit capped? As such the Draenei is in my opinion a better choice AT THIS JUNCTURE. As raids and gear progresses the crit will surpass the hit if it requires more crit rating for 1% crit over 1% hit.
    First to the guy posting above you, there's two VR glyphs: 1 to increase the healing received from VR, the other one to extend the window of opportunity for it to be used.

Well, I wasn't really talking about leveling at all, merely commenting on whether I found the Draenei self healing to be relevant.. either way, the topic says: "Best Alliance Race for Warrior", hence I assume we're talking end-game, may it be tanking or dps'ing in PvE, or PvPing.. More specific. I was commenting on the PvE dps, as that's the only part I've researched on the beta..

I'll give you this: you're right, that the more scare the stat is, combined with the increasing importance of it, then it'll become more valuable.. but you're assuming two things: 1) that hit WILL be scarse at level 85, and 2) that crit won't.. crit is also an immensly important stats for 3 reasons: 1) It's a straight up DPS increase, 2) It increase flurry uptime, thereby increasing your average attackspeed, hence improvining your rage gain, which again results in more specials who can be affected by crit etc (it's and upward spinning circle) and 3) Deep Wounds is back for fury at 85.. so I've got a few comments as to what you write

First off, the ratings on MMO are missleading and out of date.. those linked above are the correct.. It takes 2882 hit rating to cap @ lvl 85 (included our 3% from fury).. as from where you'll get your stats, then simply looking at T11 is not a fair asumption.. just because it's tier, doesn't mean it's BiS - it could be poorly itemized.. superior stats could potentially justify not using the 4P or even the 2P T11 bonus, but we don't know that yet.. regardless, if you look at all the 346 iLvL rare gear available, and make a list prioritizing Hit>Exp>Crit>Haste/Mastery, you can (in pre-raid blue gear) reach 20,56% hit.. imagine what you can if similar raid gear is available..

Based on your assumption: hit is scarse, then potentially yes, draenei could be great.. based on what I've stated above (and ohh, dont forget the worgen sprint), I'd still argue, worgen is the best dps pve race for alliance.. and if not straight away, then it'll become better and better compared to the draenei as our gear improves..
    Last edited by mmoc5c4bf4e6e9; 2010-11-28 at 03:44 PM.