Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Buffin the lower lvl dungeons sounds awesome! might even try them out once i can log on qq

Quote Originally Posted by Hrothgrar View Post
    I for one am super excited about those buffs! If you are seriously complaining, then you are obviously a WoTlk child. If not, your a troll.
    I am a "WotLK child", not a troll.

Wouldnt you be frustrated wiping alot in a few hours? I would/am.
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

Can't be that difficult. A lot of us managed to do them before the TBC expansion came in, before heirlooms existed. If they are harder, it's a welcome change. I personally love doing the old dungeons whilst levelling characters.

doing random low lvl dungeons before patch was far to easy, had a group when we cleared sm cathedral (just the actual cathedral) in 2 pulls including boss

edit: also totally looking forward to clear dm north/west at their "apropiate level" with some short of dificulty on it, only been once to dire maul with a character of its level after vanilla and was in a lfd pug to dm east @ lvl 56. ppl in the group didnt even know what way were supposed to go
    Last edited by Rehea; 2010-11-24 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    I am a "WotLK child", not a troll.

Wouldnt you be frustrated wiping alot in a few hours? I would/am.
    Nope, hell in vanilla general rule of thumb was if you didn't wipe at least twice in the instance you where probably already over geared for it.... ok it wasn't that bad but pretty damn close, instances actually made you learn your class and become a better player when wipes where an everyday thing this change in much pleasing, by the time people actually make it into heroics they might actually know their class this time around unlike wrath. Learning class mechanics to play better through dying is actually pretty enjoyable since you actually gain something from doing it other then gear, you get skill as well.

Deleted
    I've been reading all your posts so far Calinass. To me it sounds like you don't like to wipe in a dungeon to succeed, and you expect both loot and experience (xp) gain to fall right into your open arms. I played the BETA and I love to wipe. Especially in low level dungeons.

Maraudon back when the max level was 60 took me 5-6 hours to complete, so I'll manage a wipe or ten in the upgraded dungeons I've already played

Cheer up sunshine, when everybody knows the new dungeons (or part of your group does) it'll be a complete cakewalk once more

Quote Originally Posted by 93sika View Post
    I've been reading all your posts so far Calinass. To me it sounds like you don't like to wipe in a dungeon to succeed, and you expect both loot and experience (xp) gain to fall right into your open arms. I played the BETA and I love to wipe. Especially in low level dungeons.

Maraudon back when the max level was 60 took me 5-6 hours to complete, so I'll manage a wipe or ten in the upgraded dungeons I've already played

Cheer up sunshine, when everybody knows the new dungeons (or part of your group does) it'll be a complete cakewalk once more
    I dont expect to wipe over a couple of stuff. Like, dps pulling on accident, (both bosses and group(s) of adds), healer not knowing when to get mana, etc. Wiping on raid bosses is fine, as long as there is progression and not a huge degression.

How long does Mara take now? I know the 3 parts in the LFD take around 10-15 min each, so max an hour? D:

Anyways, Just caught me off guard. And gave me a little speed bump in this patch. (loving how close the spirit rez is from the instances!)
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    I dont expect to wipe over a couple of stuff. Like, dps pulling on accident, (both bosses and group(s) of adds), healer not knowing when to get mana, etc. Wiping on raid bosses is fine, as long as there is progression and not a huge degression.

How long does Mara take now? I know the 3 parts in the LFD take around 10-15 min each, so max an hour? D:

Anyways, Just caught me off guard. And gave me a little speed bump in this patch. (loving how close the spirit rez is from the instances!)
    Actually each one of those is a situation in which a wipe SHOULD occur. those groups were designed so that each group was meant for yours group to fight alone, not 3 at a time, if they wanted that, they would all just be a big massive group.

if your healer can't heal, why should you survive the fight unless a dps can help pick up some slack with healing.

back in the day, proggression also came from five mans, you did strat and stuff, got gear, did some raids, then progressed.

in cata, in order to do heroics, you will HAVE to do the dungeons before hand, in order to raid, you will HAVE to have done all the heroics a couple times, and in order to get to the next tier of raiding, you will have to do the previous raid, imagine if in wrath, you had to do naxx, then ulduar, then toc, in order to fight the lich king, now you'll have to progress like that, no free welfare epics

15+ Year Old Account
    Obviously you guys never played in vanila or even TBC.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Deleted
    Well I´m so excited doing all those classic stuff again on a appropriate level. Dire Maul & BRD were always my favorite classic instances. This was the best patch ever from Blizz. And if you think about it only one minute everything makes sense. Nobody played all those 55+ dungeons anymore after BC launch. This is so fucking great. You can even play the good old tribute run in DM west and loot the chest. The loot looks excellent. All those classic stuff now for the lower levels.

I´m looking forward to my first complete quest playthrough in BRD.

Good old times...here we go again.

Hard? sorry but it is not hard, I think I have wiped twice total, dm was impossible to die in you could stand in the obvious stuff and not actually die, also did some higher instances and the bosses still are as easy at lvl 30-40 idk if they become much harder at 40-60 and I forgot to mention that the bosses died really quickly and no I dont think anyone in my group had artifacts either.

One thing i will say, I LOVE the quests at the beginning... The quest rewards are FAR better then before, and it grants tons of xp.

OT: I noticed it last night when in ZF on my pally tanking, that mobs were taking FAR longer to DPS down, and the boss weren't a 2 second fight. I fully indorse the new "Harder" instances. I personally think it puts the fun back in to things! I will say though, that i think the DPSer's were idiots, and it didn't help. What I hope this will accomplish is patience, and let the tank pull rather then the DPS just go "O you suck get outta my way, I will pull!"....

The game is getting harder? I don't really see a problem in that, not much of a game if you can beat it in no time at all is it. If I wanted to play something easy I'd go play shoots and ladders.

Thank god. I noticed that the first boss in Deadmines had more than 10k HP right off the bat. It's a shame BC and WotLK dungeons didn't get the same treatment. All bosses there need at least a 5x health buff or more.. and deal at least twice as much damage. This is including places like HoR.

I absolutely -hate- facerolling content. It makes it boring, and when you do get gear, it does NOT feel rewarding at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShinyOne View Post
    More difficulty is more fun.
    This.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did BRD for bit less than 3 hours tonight (part due the fact that one of the dpsers left in 1/3 of instance, part due to fact that end bosses/mobs were all red to one of other dpsers), but I truly had fun - even though we wiped few times. (I did enjoy that they repositioned graveyard just next to instance entrance, however).
    And yes, boss HP appears to be buffed and they seem to have gained new abilities - Incendius (the fire dude on the bridge) now has a nasty knockback, for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    I always get nostalgic feels from listening to the elywnn music. I could hear the crickets and the moon was out, just running through elwynn down to goldshire. So beautiful. I was checking out the tavern, loved the music. Then a night elf asked me to suck his cock for 15s.

Quote Originally Posted by Burpie View Post
    Did BRD for 3 hours tonight (part due the fact that one of the dpsers left in 1/3 of instance, part due to fact that end bosses/mobs were all red to one of other dpsers), but I truly had fun - even though we wiped few times. (I did enjoy that they repositioned graveyard just next to instance entrance, however).
    And yes, boss HP appears to be buffed and they seem to have gained new abilities - Incendius (the fire dude on the bridge) now has a nasty knockback, for example.
    He always had the knockback. Groups just facerolled him before he had the chance to use it though.

1 thing they have changed to help those that can't stand to wipe is that they have moved graveyards a lot closer to the instance portals.

The Black rock mountain gy is actually in the middle of the mountain for example. No more 5 min corpse runs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the idea of buffing lower level instances, now most of those are a joke and you can literally afk for 2 mins and be done with it and no one will notice because you have your rogue killing everything in 2 hits and your tank killing EVERYTHING. only reason I move when I'm on my lock and running an instance is to lead people around sunken temple cause no one understands it (by far my favorite instance... well... zf might be tied...)

deadmines: totally rad, light strategy, getting out the fire, teaching beginners need to know stuff off the bat.

sfk:nerfed down waste of time, got the same barons sceptre 3 bosses in a row out of the 4 or 5 in there, its dull.