Empowered Shadow Animation

A simple question.
    Did they actually remove the awesome red glowing animation from the beta?
    Atm, live has zero animation assosiated with the buff.
    If the animation is actually removed its rather cheap and annoying.....

the new animation is there for me i love it
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Deleted
    I Can't see mine either, it looked really nice on the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirate View Post
    I Can't see mine either, it looked really nice on the beta.
    Check your video settings. Sometimes if your settings are set below a certain point you don't get to see all the animations.

my graphics are in ultra setting and im talking about live to be specific
    its such a letdown to have the beta animation cut out :/

The animation got removed right at the next beta build after it was implemented.
    While it wasn't annoying in 15 sec fights, once it had a permanent uptime (which the buff has) it was more annoying then cool looking.

I'm glad it got removed.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    All I know is the orbs look badass now.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Whats it look like? I'm interested.
    And what spell/ability is this from?

The thread is about this
    It got removed, because it was terrible annoying.

The normal Shadow Orb graphic is ok, but sucks that it doesn't show the number of orbs active.

It got removed and you are glad for that?!
    let me tell you...
    why are ppl so simple minded in terms of aesthetics?
    every rational person would love a rich arsenal of animations and visual effects and while others crave for such we have one removed and u are happy with it? give me a break....even if it was not a proper animation having nothing instead is ridiculous....im having an important buff to take care of and i find it silly to look after addons or buffs instead of an elegant aura...

---------- Post added 2010-11-25 at 09:31 AM ----------

and btw the animation and icon of the buff were unique...its kinda awkward to have a special icon with zero animation

would have been really cool if they didnt remove it, it was a nice animation for shadowpriests and really made us unique, even if it where on me the whole day I wouldnt mind having that effect, nice touch on tracking if empowered shadows are up imo

It looks cool for something to appear that has a cooldown of somesort. Shadow Priests already have enough animations and effects by just going afk!

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    im having an important buff to take care of and i find it silly to look after addons or buffs instead of an elegant aura..
    Actually the uptime is very, very close to 100%. That's a permanent buff. No other permanent buff has a visual effect.
    So Empowered Orbs doesn't need one either. If it was temporary, the animation would be good, but since it's a near 100% uptime it's over the top.

it was a nice animation for shadowpriests and really made us unique,
    Try speccing shadowform, it may make you visually unique.

Shadowform itself gave us a pleasing uniqueness other classes could only envy.

All this new bling is totally unnecessary, and destroys the elegant simplicity of our visual identity.

But at least it only ever shows up in combat, when pretty lights mean little or nothing.