Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I believe they are trying to make it so you don't have to pick any profession for PvP.

Now you get to choose, there are still plenty of other reasons to get Eng.

The OP stated that all of his toons had Eng, which is a general sign of something being over-powered. As others have stated, you get the cogs and such, as well as the helm, and a few quirky enchants, that is approximately the same as what other professions give.

Also I saw someone stated that BGs are no different from rated BGs, you are entirely wrong. You can't use engineering items in there unless it's the parachute cloak/gloves. Rated bgs follow arena rules, sorry to burst your bubble.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    looks like a wall of qq to me. if you need engineering to have the edge in pvp, just dont bother pvping at all.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    So much crying over something that was overpowered, stats AND extra abilities?

I'm guessing alot of crying is from people who rerolled it when it was OP, and had been through the 'hard times'.

Gravy train is gone and now you're balanced(stats) with effects that may backfire.

If you wanna see suck, look at inscription

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps engineering has been nerfed "to the ground" in terms of fun tinkers, but I don't see it based on all the posts here. We now have to make a choice on what to get. If I recall Blizz really wanted players to make more meaningful choices on what they're going to use, in terms of specs and gear/items. Which is why ArP was removed, it was not a choice, it was 'does it have more ArP than you have now? Yes? It's an upgrade'.

Engineering lost some useful tinkers and may have lower stats than some other profs; so? Am I the only one who picked engineering for some of the convenience/fun of actually playing the game?

Portals for easy travel, mailbox use out of town, Jeeves for vendoring and banking (coupled with pony bridle I can farm for days). And now, lootarang for even MORE convenience. Sorry to say but I consider all of our toys to balance us out even if we can't just min/max ourselves to death in raids or PVP anymore with engineering.

Arlynius, the One and Only

PUGs mock me cause I tank with Thunderfury, I mock them cause I'm higher on damage done :P

My main is an engineer, and while this newest development is annoying, it's not the end of the world.

As for competitive pvp, of COURSE you can't use rocket boots. >_> That would be waaaay op for some classes and make many feel pressured to go engineering not because it's fun, but because they need the game breaking sprint. I also find it interesting having to choose which tinker you want on your belt. Did anyone ever really think they were going to let those into rated bgs?

And now, we can get our glove tinkers and parachute cloaks on top of the regular enchants. I'd say this makes up for having rocket boots on the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    looks like a wall of qq to me. if you need engineering to have the edge in pvp, just dont bother pvping at all.
    this
    (can't help it)
    Resistance Is Futile

Quote Originally Posted by macazine View Post
    Not only PVP, but the boosts seem to have a much higher chance to backfire in PVE now. I can't remember my boots every back firing in a raid before. Last night a guildie blew himself up twice trying to rocket boot out of defile.
    that sucks, i had them backfire 3 times in a row while wearing a cloak without parachute, and 2 out of those 3 times, the parachute didnt open QQ

Engineering was too powerful. Even though some of the tools couldn't be used in Arenas, most of the high-rated players still had engineering.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piptooth View Post
    You can't use rocket boosts in rated bgs or arena. So nothing really changed.
    In fact, this is a slight buff for Arena. You can now enchant your boots with Agi and your Belt with +Crit (Nitro), while previously you could only take one of those on your Boots, and none on your Belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    I'm still trying to make sense of how a belt tinkering will make your boots catch on fire and make you run faster
    the mind amplification makes a bit more sense, specially if you're an female engineer

I wouldn't mind too much if they didn't remove the passive stats. it's just doesn't make sense to balance with other professions
    at least the glove tinkers are still there
    I'm still trying to figure out how setting your boots on fire will make you run faster. So far I've gone through a number of sets of boots...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan1187 View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how setting your boots on fire will make you run faster.
    So when I set your boots on fire you would calmly take off your boots instead of freaking out and running around like crazy..?

It use to be Rocket Boots couldn't back fire during raid combat. + I think the Rocket Boots back firing now is just a bug that will be fixed. Changing the Rocket Boots from Boot enchant to Belt enchant, who cares makes as much sense as a Lion mating with a bat and a scorpion. + If I get to have Rocket boots AND Cat's Swiftness in a raid or world pvp. Hell yeah. + I didn't get to experience the gears on beta because mats where annoying but seems to me like a buff on Eng.
    -- Conclusion - Lost ability to use Rocket Boots in Bgs okay, you can still use Frag Bombs(Stun, 6 min CD but meh). Gained, Rocket Boots in raids and world pvp while having Tuskarrs / Cat's Swiftness.