Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercia View Post
    What stat weights do you use to calculate the BiS items?
    Intellect > Spirit > Haste > Mastery > Crit

Quote Originally Posted by Darkist View Post
    Thoes 2 are really ahead of Solace but seems like not easy to catch them fast
    Tsunami is worth mentioning because it's better than the 372 Jar of Ancient Remedies. The problem with Core of Ripeness is you need to be doing T11 content to get it, so it is not a 'pre-raid' item. It's also in general not worth taking unless you can't get Tsunami. It's better than The 359 Jar, but not the 359 Fall of Mortality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I didn't look at the justice point/valor point difference for core of ripeness.

Has anyone done an actual numerical stat weight list other than what is posted on EJ? I enjoy using the PAWN addon to quickly evaluate gear when at vendors or drops. The addon basically scores gear based on the relative value you assign to each item point.

Special Note: Valor points are awarded from heroic dungeon finder runs @ 85 so there is a feasibility that core of ripeness could be available without stepping into a raid..just not sure how long it takes to farm that many valor points.
    Last edited by Arrelliana; 2010-12-03 at 11:08 PM.

The weighting I current use is based on the following assumptions: Spirit is 50% better than Int from a Regen standpoint. SP, Haste are interchangeable and 20% better than Mastery. Crit is worth half as much as Mastery. Spirit is worth twice as much as SP/Haste.

Int = 5.6
    Spirit = 4.8
    Haste = 2.4
    SP = 2.4
    Mastery = 2
    Crit = 1

I don't like EJs scalings because they're trying too hard to base them off raw mathematics without concern for in game implications. They're also still in the sort of alarmist 'regen trumps all in Cata' mentality, which is why they're treating Int and Spirit as interchangeable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ty harky those numbers make sense to me and will work well for what I am looking for..I can tweak them a bit for my playstyle (bob turkey always did a great job with this). I generally will swap food/trinkets for regen when needed and try to keep gemming/enchanting/gear selections more balanced. The one thing I didn't like about the EJ post is that it had several different stat weights based on Burst healing and sustained healing and the different raid roles. I do agree that you sometimes generally either tank or raid heal and the case can be made to do either. I always prefer to give a little to keep a balanced gear set so I can do either as needed.

I will probably add a little weight to spirit for holy since that spec seems to be in the worst shape for regen but also benefits the most from spirit and likewise drop a bit more into int for the disc spec.

The one thing I haven't liked with cataclysm is the overall gear homogenization. I think generally there are very few real choices since the item budgets all seem to have the same mix etc. Maybe I am a masochist to enjoy farming for that BIS item vs. an ok item.

Thank you for this guide. I will definitely be using this to pin point my gear as Cataclysm launches.

Thanks immensely for the thread and the work, was a good read-through.

I've just tonight made my decision to be our guild's disco priest for now and the immediate t11 future and this will certainly help me quickly once I can champion the factions as well as run the heroics!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    The weighting I current use is based on the following assumptions: Spirit is 50% better than Int from a Regen standpoint. SP, Haste are interchangeable and 20% better than Mastery. Crit is worth half as much as Mastery. Spirit is worth twice as much as SP/Haste.

Int = 5.6
    Spirit = 4.8
    Haste = 2.4
    SP = 2.4
    Mastery = 2
    Crit = 1
    I like those rankings. I worked my own scalings based on the EJ theorycrafting and other forums info, and actually those scales are pretty close to'em as well, when taking into account all single-/multihealing and burst/sustained.

I had a reason to not sticky this earlier. I can't remember what it was, anymore. So I guess that means it goes up.

Something like that, anyways.
    -- <3 Kel
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account
    Kelesti, combine the two "PRE-RAID-POSTS" into one. We began having too many stickies, and there's no need of having 2 different ones for pre raid gear.

Well, no. Go cut yourself. It's my birthday today, and I'll do what I bloody want!

* Kelesti has gained a level.
    Kelesti is now level 23.

Merging the two threads isn't simple, it just makes a mess

I'm thinking about going into the "index of important threads" format we had for the second half of Wrath, but that involves a) me being home, instead of on my phone, and b) it not being my birthday.

Thank you for putting this together, guys.

(Happy Birthday Kel!)

What about Apple-Bent Bough ?
    Since haste>mastery wouldn't this be better than the prophet's scepter?

Edit: Also has more spirit.
    Last edited by LeetHaxor; 2010-12-10 at 03:47 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    Shoulder: Mantle of Loss - SFK - Lord Godfrey
    [Kyrstel Mantle]

Kyrstel Mantle - BRC - Ascendant Lord Obsidius

I had these drop today, surely they are better?

They may give haste, Ultima, but it's less than what you get from Mastery. Plus a worse socket bonus. The Mantle of Loss is generally better, assuming you can afford the difference in Spirit.

thank you very much ,tomorrow i`ll buy cata and now i know what and where to do

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    They may give haste, Ultima, but it's less than what you get from Mastery. Plus a worse socket bonus. The Mantle of Loss is generally better, assuming you can afford the difference in Spirit.
    Kyrstel gives 31 more spirit, I think that's worth the loss in master, looking at the stats where Haste is meant to be beat Mastery. Anyway, I passed on the Mantle de Loss a few minutes ago, please don't make me change my mind

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    Well this is not true.
    It depends on your spec and your playstyle.
    For example: Stat priority for attonement spec priests at 85 is Int > spirit > mastery > haste > crit.
    Mastery is > haste because you wanna max bubbles for max smite-time.
    But please lets not start a stat conversation here.
    false.
    int>spi>haste>mastery

especially attonement priest. i myself am often found in situations where me Heal isnt fast enough, or smite for that mater, so i have to use flash heal which is just too damn expensive considering the length of the HC encouters. Mastery would be primary stat if shield spammig still existed, so IMHO one can benefit mucj more from haste then from mastery.

aslo i am gemming +40 int +35haste in almost all sockets

So, nobody answered my question.

Would Apple-Bent Bough be better than Prophet's Scepter?

112 haste vs 120 mastery
    112 spirit vs 98 spirit

Found a better weapon for staff. The staff of isolation from last boss in Shadowfang keep is a complete upgrade over the staff. Just got it on my priest.