Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by angeloflife91 View Post
    interesting.....my guild did Omnitron Defense Council last night and i never once was in danger of going oom.....i may keep both and use them on a fight by fight basis.
    Have you considered your mana was fine as your output was not?

Deleted
    Not sure if this was asked, but won't Celadon Pendant will be a better option? Crit is not the best stat for us.

Not sure if either

A: A priest compendium is incoming

or

B: The OP wasn't being updated due to new information

But I was disappointed to see this thread lose it's sticky, it has been very beneficial to me.

It's referenced and perma-linked, if you'd have actually read the "Read before Posting" sticky.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Have you considered your mana was fine as your output was not?

i have....however i was putting out a solid 9k hps during the fight...and was well over at least our shammy healer by a good 2k hps, pally was still pumping out more(pre pally nerf, he was still putting out about 10k hps)

Deleted
    I'm no math guy and could be wrong, but I found the Celadon Pendant and the Apple-Bent Bough to be better than those listed here.

Both are sold for JP too and are easier to acquire.

Quicksilver Amulet I've found to be a step up over the Celadon Pendant. But that's because Haste is awesome and people don't know what they're talking about.

---------- Post added 2010-12-25 at 09:52 AM ----------

I'm also quite surprised Flamebloom Gloves from Earthen Ring Exalted isn't being talked about very much. It doesn't have its own Spirit on it, but you can make that up on other pieces of gear (especially once you start gemming/enchanting everything).

There is such a thing as too much Spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    There is such a thing as too much Spirit.
    Post-hotfix. This was all written up before that hotfix. There really wasn't an attainable 'too much Spirit' point at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    Post-hotfix. This was all written up before that hotfix. There really wasn't an attainable 'too much Spirit' point at that time.
    I've been using the gloves since I hit exalted, pre-hotfix.
    Hyjal, Earthen Ring, then Therazane.

We really didn't need the regen boost. I just geared a little heavier on the spirit elsewhere (planned on gemming). Now... meh.

Pre-hotfix with my haste I was having some issues, so the hotfix helped me quite a bit. Now I'm starting to integrate some Haste/Mastery pieces just because it's hard to OOM. It'd be nothing except more over-healing. Definitely not regretting going Int > Spirit at this point or I'd be swimming in mana with nothing to do.

I generally detest gearing and stat threads like this because the "best setup" depends on build and play style. However, I felt the need to weigh in on this haste discussion.

I can only talk from the Disc point of view. Have you haste lovers actually looked at what haste does to the cast speed of your spells? I can swap out 2 pieces of gear from the same slot, the difference ~100 haste...the change to the cast speed is .02 seconds. .02 That makes for a very poor haste argument. And even that aside, the way damage is incoming on boss fights in heroics and raids, you don't need to be six-shooting off flashy heals....this isn't your mother's Wrath. I'd rather have spirit, mastery or crit anyday (especially with Divine Aegis and one of my trinks proc loads of spirit off crits).

Just my 2 cents...
    Last edited by gamelyn; 2010-12-29 at 05:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MashTehKeyz View Post
    I sent Kil'jaeden an eMail bout an hour ago and let him know he can find Exodar on google earth and he replied "thnkx bro ima go blow it up now k?" but just now he sent back "pshaw its empty cept of < lvl 6 Draenei scrubs whatsa point /sad demon face. ttyl bff <3 KJ.

My stats are (Holy Priest, unbuffed):
    - 2335 Spirit / 3296 In-Fight Mana Regeneration
    - 4160 Int
    - 6105 Spellpower
    - 6.33% Haste
    - 16.56 Mastery
    - 8.61% Crit (most useless Stat for Holy)

Most gems I used are +20 Int +20 Spirit, one or two with Mastery or Haste instead of Spirit. Red gem is +40 Int. Staff Enchant is "Heartsong". One trinket is +285 Int / Spirit Proc, the other is +285 Mastery / Spellpower Proc.

And I'm doing very good in 10man raids as a raid healer. I'm not a big fan of stacking Haste (currently), I rather concentrate on Intellect, Spirit and Mastery.
    Last edited by TaurenNinja; 2010-12-29 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gamelyn View Post
    I generally detest gearing and stat threads like this because the "best setup" depends on build and play style. However, I felt the need to weigh in on this haste discussion.

I can only talk from the Disc point of view. Have you haste lovers actually looked at what haste does to the cast speed of your spells? I can swap out 2 pieces of gear from the same slot, the difference ~100 haste...the change to the cast speed is .02 seconds. .02 That makes for a very poor haste argument. And even that aside, the way damage is incoming on boss fights in heroics and raids, you don't need to be six-shooting off flashy heals....this isn't your mother's Wrath. I'd rather have spirit, mastery or crit anyday (especially with Divine Aegis and one of my trinks proc loads of spirit off crits).

Just my 2 cents...
    Have you actually looked at the increase 100 crit rating gets you ?

Quote Originally Posted by LeetHaxor View Post
    So, nobody answered my question.

Would Apple-Bent Bough be better than Prophet's Scepter?

112 haste vs 120 mastery
    112 spirit vs 98 spirit
    At least Divine Companion, http://www.wowhead.com/item=62235, would be. It's what I'm using anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by LeetHaxor View Post
    So, nobody answered my question.

Would Apple-Bent Bough be better than Prophet's Scepter?

112 haste vs 120 mastery
    112 spirit vs 98 spirit
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=62235 ?

Is there any particular order that I should do the dungeons in?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lalania/simple

My armory, as you can see I've just got enough gear to start heroics, but I go kicked from SFK after we wiped on the first boss twice, and so to avoid being lol'ed at again I should start with an easier heroic and work my way up.

If that first boss doesn't get interrupted it makes it much tougher on the healer because the fight goes on much longer than necessary.. Start running them with a friend too. An ideal friend is one that can toss out the occasional heal like a ret pala or enh shammy.

Deleted
    In my opinion they go like this (easiest at the top):

Vortex Pinacle
    Throne of the Tides
    Blackrock Caverns
    Tol'Vir
    Hallls of Origination
    Deadmines
    Shadowfang Keep
    Stonecore
    Grim Batol

That order depends on the group though. With the right group, SFK can actually be one of the easiest. With a group that can't interrupt the first boss becomes a nightmare. Sometimes the difficulty of a dungeon is outside of your control. HoO is a good one to run often as it's pretty much a Priest loot pinata. You can get a main hand, staff, cloak, ring, boots and chest from there.

The first wipe was because no one interrupted the boss, so he would constantly heal himself, after 5:30 minutes I went OOM and we wiped.

The 2nd time we got him to about 10% before I went OOM again, I don't know if spamming Prayer of Healing after the Asphyxiate was to blame, or the fact that no one except me used the Lightwell.

---------- Post added 2010-12-31 at 12:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elvissa View Post
    In my opinion they go like this (easiest at the top):

Vortex Pinacle
    Throne of the Tides
    Blackrock Caverns
    Tol'Vir
    Hallls of Origination
    Deadmines
    Shadowfang Keep
    Stonecore
    Grim Batol

That order depends on the group though. With the right group, SFK can actually be one of the easiest. With a group that can't interrupt the first boss becomes a nightmare. Sometimes the difficulty of a dungeon is outside of your control. HoO is a good one to run often as it's pretty much a Priest loot pinata. You can get a main hand, staff, cloak, ring, boots and chest from there.
    I love HoO, I don't if it's to do with the amount of Priest loot that drops, or the fact that I could heal it on Normal with no difficulty whatsoever.

you can leave people at 30% health or whatever after asphyxiate, the only thing they take damage from is that pain and suffering crap, which as long as its dispelled quickly doesn't deal a ton of damage.