Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser499 View Post
    How is this computer for Diablo 3?

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
    HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
    MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
    MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX] GigaByte Z68AP-D3 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Intel Smart Response Tech. & 7.1 Dolby Home Theater Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID, mSATA Connector onboard, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI (All Venom OC Certified)
    SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
    VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+246] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
    Seeing as how D3 shouldn't be that taxing, this computer will eat it alive. i5 2500k and GTX 570 with the 8gig 1600 Ram will utterly destroy all of D3.

I myself recently bought an i5 2500k, 8gigs of Ripjaw 1600, and a GTX 560ti. I got Dragon Age 2, set everything to max, and it doesn't even hiccup. Didn't even try OC'ing yet, no need until I see a drop. Unless D3 has some intricate programming and graphics from that perspective, I doubt either of us will need to worry about D3.

I'll try to post specs later of mine in full, or just a picture. The only thing is my computer is set up so I can't see into it despite it having a view inside. Oh well. Still been amazing so far.
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2011-09-22 at 02:40 PM.

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser499 View Post
    How is this computer for Diablo 3?

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
    HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
    MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
    MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX] GigaByte Z68AP-D3 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Intel Smart Response Tech. & 7.1 Dolby Home Theater Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID, mSATA Connector onboard, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI (All Venom OC Certified)
    SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
    VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+246] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
    Looks like you're buying from ibuypower or cyberpowerpc.... try and get them to give you an MSI Twin Frozr II or Asus DirectCUII GTX 570 if you can.

---------- Post added 2011-09-22 at 10:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Texar View Post
    Just brought my new rig-:

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K @4.5Ghz
    CPU Cooler: Xigmatek HDT-S963
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3P
    Memory: 16GB DDR3 1333mhz (4x 4GB)
    Hard Drives: 2TB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s
    Optical Drive: 22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA
    Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB
    Monitors: 19' Widescreen LCD
    Case: Zalman Z9 Plus
    PSU: 700W Xigmatek

£890 inc VAT.
    A 6950 to power a 19" monitor? You are planning to up to like a 24" right? Because honestly that video card is absolute complete overkill for just about anything on such a small monitor.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I need help in a decision. With my current sig build, SLI 560 ti vs single 580 twin frozr II? (If I get the 580, my plan is to run it in SLI eventually with another 580) I was wondering if the extra $100 or so is worth it. I noticed the "recommended" for BF3 is a 560 with 1GB VRAM.
    Last edited by conqq; 2011-09-22 at 10:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    I need help in a decision. With my current sig build, SLI 560 ti vs 580 twin frozr II? I was wondering if the extra $100 or so is worth it. I noticed the "recommended" for BF3 is a 560 with 1GB VRAM.
    Last I checked, two GTX 560 Ti's in SLI beats out a single GTX 580. Aaaaand, you can most likely get them for under $250, if you know how to haggle salespersons, so you can save a load of cash that way! Just make sure your motherboard has SLI and you're good! If you have a full ATX motherboard you'll also still probably have a couple extra PCI/PCIex1 slots available for extra additions later on.
    "A flower.

I need help in a decision. With my current sig build, SLI 560 ti vs 580 twin frozr II? I was wondering if the extra $100 or so is worth it. I noticed the "recommended" for BF3 is a 560 with 1GB VRAM.
    560 non-Ti, yea.
    Honestly? One GTX580. Pref a 3GiB one if you can find it.
    Less heat, less power, less hassle, less noise and no micro-stuttering, which some people notice, some don't.
    Also, adds upgradability as you can just add another in a year or so when/if it doesn't cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    560 non-Ti, yea.
    Less heat, less power, less hassle, less noise and no micro-stuttering, which some people notice, some don't.
    Also, adds upgradability as you can just add another in a year or so when/if it doesn't cut it.
    3GB isn't worth the $600 price tag for me. What do you mean micro-stuttering though? Also, why just 560?

10+ Year Old Account
    560 non-Ti, yea.
    560 Tis really use less power than people seem to realize. ;p I guess that's what the "Ti" designation means. ^_^
    "A flower.

3GB isn't worth the $600 price tag for me. What do you mean micro-stuttering though? Also, why just 560?
    Micro-stuttering is something that occurs when you have two GPUs trying to produce every other frame each. Not everyone notices it, but once you start noticing it, it's said to be impossible to unnotice. It has gotten better over the years though.
    The "just 560" is the one in the recommended for BF3, not Ti-version.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    560 Tis really use less power than people seem to realize. ;p I guess that's what the "Ti" designation means. ^_^
    170w per 560 Ti.
    244w per GTX 580. 340w > 244w. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Whichever you choose, SLI or not, do yourself a favor and read up on the effects of micro-stuttering and SLI scaling before doing the purchase
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...fire,2995.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Stillllllllll. Two 560 Ti's will do more, and if you get them on a good motherboard that spaces them out well enough... heat shouldn't be too much of an issue. :3

Idk... I'm waiting to go SLI or up to 6xx series based on how much I work/go to college because no point really if I hardly ever game.

---------- Post added 2011-09-22 at 11:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Whichever you choose, SLI or not, do yourself a favor and read up on the effects of micro-stuttering and SLI scaling before doing the purchase
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...fire,2995.html
    Tetris is either going to hate on the tomshardware link, or read it and then hate it or be in awe that she agrees with tomshardware. ;p
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Stillllllllll. Two 560 Ti's will do more, and if you get them on a good motherboard that spaces them out well enough... heat shouldn't be too much of an issue. :3

Idk... I'm waiting to go SLI or up to 6xx series based on how much I work/go to college because no point really if I hardly ever game.
    I'd always recommend one "better" GPU over two "lesser".
    Yes, two GTX460 (or above) will be better than one GTX580. It will also have less VRAM, microstutter, heat (will be an issue, even with spacing, since they share the same intake-fans and airflow). And management. If you have an SLI-setup, you "want to" upgrade to another SLI-setup.
    Buying a GTX580 would be easier, not to mention having the option to add 1-3 cards in the future. Going for SLI straight off the bat is a bad idea, but opening up the option is a wise choice. Under reasonable terms, of course.

My main concern is, I want to play BF3 when it comes out, etc. and I won't have the money for a 580 (I'm impatient)

Would it be better to get the 560ti, SLI with 580 / get 560ti, SLI with 560ti in future/ or to sell the 560ti when I can afford a 580?

My main concern is, I want to play BF3 when it comes out, etc. and I won't have the money for a 580 (I'm impatient)

Would it be better to get the 560ti, SLI with 580 / get 560ti, SLI with 560ti in future/ or to sell the 560ti when I can afford a 580?
    With nVIDIA, you can't SLI 'different' cards. IE, different number, or different VRAM-amount.
    No one can answer what's best for you. During those circumstances, I'd buy the GTX560 Ti, and buy another if I really thought I'd need it when I had the money.

P4 640
    2gigs ddr2
    fx 5900

With nVIDIA, you can't SLI 'different' cards. IE, different number, or different VRAM-amount.
    No one can answer what's best for you. During those circumstances, I'd buy the GTX560 Ti, and buy another if I really thought I'd need it when I had the money.
    Alright, thanks for the advice. Is there any definite word on what is necessary to handle BF3 1920x1080 res max settings? I know they said SLI 580s, but the performance difference doesn't seem that different from 560-580 and all cards in between.

Alright, thanks for the advice. Is there any definite word on what is necessary to handle BF3 1920x1080 res max settings? I know they said SLI 580s, but the performance difference doesn't seem that different from 560-580 and all cards in between.
    Ask again once the open beta is released. :P I could max it in Alpha (HD6970), but it was not only unpolished, the highest settings weren't yet introduced.

Ask again once the open beta is released. :P I could max it in Alpha (HD6970), but it was not only unpolished, the highest settings weren't yet introduced.
    I heard the beta is going to be the same basically. >_>

I heard the beta is going to be the same basically. >_>
    Same map, same mode. I do doubt it'll be the same unpolished state. Don't worry, both the 560 Ti and 580 will likely handle it at medium and up, and it WILL be eyecandy, even there.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Mushkin RAM = sexiness

I've been toying around with the idea of getting the Asus Sabertooth P67, seems like a really nice board. What are your thoughts on it ? You tried installing the additional 50 mm down blowing fan and if so you think its necessary or not ?