Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Regarding monitors, it's amusing to see that even the best monitors on Newegg have 90% of their negative feedback related to "inbuilt speakers aren't good" or something of the sort. I mean seriously, that's the equivalent of complaining about a motherboard "integrated graphics can't run Crysis, removing an egg for that". Jesus.
    Most of the people buying those kind of things have no clue about them, they think every speaker is the same and should have the same quality aswell...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by superfloc View Post
    i probably have the best set up over anyone here....check it

MAC FTW!

How the hell can you play like that? With the mouse and the keyboard on different heights?!

Oh, MAC FTW! I have one. Too bad they suck.

Deleted
    Regarding monitors, it's amusing to see that even the best monitors on Newegg have 90% of their negative feedback related to "inbuilt speakers aren't good" or something of the sort. I mean seriously, that's the equivalent of complaining about a motherboard "integrated graphics can't run Crysis, removing an egg for that". Jesus.
    Taking user reviews with a large cup of salt is nothing new. There are plenty of "1 out of 5" reviews being "got it RMA, so can't give a review".

On topic:
    Just upgraded my old laptop slightly (my parents use it as a media PC). A friend was nice enough to let me buy a Windows 7 license through him (university) so got it extremely cheap, which to my expectation got rid off all the problems I have had with Vista (internet disconnects, video tearing, corrupt/static sound and so on). It now also holds a (much faster) 500Gb HDD (Seagate Momentus TX 7200rpm, with a built in 4Gb SSD unit) as well as 4Gb RAM (1066Mhz). I also managed to clock the CPU to 1.73Ghz (up from 1.6).

I was going to get them a proper HTPC but they are far from interested. Besides they really need to get a better TV first...
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-10-04 at 01:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a neat little keyboard attachment wireless?
    Also I didn't know laptops allowed you to change clocks in bios :O
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    That's a neat little keyboard attachment wireless?
    Also I didn't know laptops allowed you to change clocks in bios :O
    Yes, it is. And very good as well considering they only paid around $50 for it. The touch pad even supports multi-touch (or at least reacts differently if you use two fingers), so it has a few smart "gestures" that you can use when navigating.

Apparently so, I fiddled a bit in the BIOS and now it says it's running at 1.73Ghz instead of the previous 1.6...
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-10-04 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Yes, it is. And very good as well considering they only paid around $50 for it. The touch pad even supports multi-touch (or at least reacts differently if you use two fingers), so it has a few smart "gestures" that you can use when navigating.
    can you provide model name?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anb View Post
    can you provide model name?
    It's an Acer Extenza 5620, and the CPU is a T2330 if I'm not mistaken: http://ark.intel.com/products/32432/...533-MHz-FSB%29
    I believe that I changed the multiplier from 12 to 13, having the BUS speed at the regular 133Mhz, but I can't remember.

actually i was interested in a keyboard rather than a laptop :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anb View Post
    actually i was interested in a keyboard rather than a laptop :P
    Haha, sorry, my bad ^^

Honestly, there doesn't seem to be much information on it. It's a Plexgear keyboard, bought at "Kjell & Co" and all it says on the keyboard itself is "2.4Ghz touchpad keyboard, 91959". The closest thing I could find: http://www.amazon.com/DSI-Wireless-K.../dp/B000MLB6V4
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-10-04 at 02:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Finally, the time has come. system upgraded, pics included!

New setup:
    HAF 912
    Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3
    i5 2500k
    Corsair A70
    2X4GB vengeance LP RAM
    GTX 460
    Corsair TX 650

big nasty mess of cables

The A70 is really massive

Finished on the inside (this is before I put the Gigabyte board in - Had 2 DIMM slots go on my other board)

All in all, not too difficult to build. The HAF 912 is a nice case, but leaves a good amount to be desired for cable management. there isn't a TON of space behind the back panel to run cables. I would definitely suggest a modular power supply to help, but even that may not be enough to make a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    Finally, the time has come. system upgraded, pics included!

New setup:
    HAF 912
    Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3
    i5 2500k
    Corsair A70
    2X4GB vengeance LP RAM
    GTX 460
    Corsair TX 650

big nasty mess of cables

The A70 is really massive

All in all, not too difficult to build. The HAF 912 is a nice case, but leaves a good amount to be desired for cable management. there isn't a TON of space behind the back panel to run cables. I would definitely suggest a modular power supply to help, but even that may not be enough to make a huge difference.
    Talk about huge, I think my cable management was much worse. Next time I'm definitely going for modular

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/...t=SDC10121.jpg

http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/...t=SDC10122.jpg

plenty of room in the 912 if you take some time :P

but a modular does help of course

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/...t=SDC10121.jpg

http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/...t=SDC10122.jpg

plenty of room in the 912 if you take some time :P

but a modular does help of course
    It does seem like you have the newer model with black interior. I had that one too. Maybe it has more space than the first revision, I don't know...

With 6 harddrives, one SSD, dual gpu, and stuff like that, it became a little crowded with cables for my HAF 912, enough for me to go get an Obsidian 650D.

So you got your P8P67 PRO to work eventually? What was the problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    unfortunately not, that's an "old" picture, scan has the motherboard and is hopefully gonna find it knackered and send me a replacement, i had it scansured so even if i knackered it during installation it's covered, thank the lord for that extra couple quid spent

and yeah, the black interior is the 912 plus, as far as i'm aware there's no size difference, most the paint (none black inside cases look horrid), the space behind the motherboard is tight, but a couple hours jiggery pokery does the trick

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I didn't want to take a couple of hours doing cable management. I want my computer done and moved on. My back can't take hours hunched over doing cables, either.

I think I did I fairly decent job with my time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    unfortunately not, that's an "old" picture, scan has the motherboard and is hopefully gonna find it knackered and send me a replacement, i had it scansured so even if i knackered it during installation it's covered, thank the lord for that extra couple quid spent
    Having paid $250 (err.. around that value..) for a P8P67 WS Revolution that went straight to the scrapheap, I wish my retailer would've offered the same thing >.<. Seems like a reasonable thing to invest in given the shady rules and practices they have around replacing a broken board.

---------- Post added 2011-10-04 at 08:53 PM ----------

I bought this IPS. How crazy am I?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    I love my IPS panel lol

10+ Year Old Account
    It does seem like you have the newer model with black interior.
    There's the HAF912 and then there's the HAF912 +/Plus/Advanced, but as far as I'm aware it was only sold around Asia and Aus/NZ. The stores around here definitely still it, I dunno about US.

http://www.playtech.co.nz/afawcs0139...ctdetails.html

* Mod edit: The rule about images being >800pixels wide also applies to multiple images on the same line.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2011-10-06 at 10:59 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Having paid $250 (err.. around that value..) for a P8P67 WS Revolution that went straight to the scrapheap, I wish my retailer would've offered the same thing >.<. Seems like a reasonable thing to invest in given the shady rules and practices they have around replacing a broken board.

---------- Post added 2011-10-04 at 08:53 PM ----------

I hear any IPS monitor has superior quality. (Emphasis)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    I hear any IPS monitor has superior quality. (Emphasis)
    I hear some have banding issues. Afaik the LG one shouldn't have, that it is true 8 bpc.

Edit: maybe it's not. All I can go by are forum posts. Some say this and some say that >.< But it's cheap, so maybe not.

edit2: found the tech-sheet over the panel used in the IPS236V (according to TFT Central), and it is indeedy a 6-bit. I suppose I can't get away getting true 8 bit for that price?
    Last edited by Wries; 2011-10-04 at 08:21 PM.