Or rather, do so, with low brightness. ^^

.. I even read in the dark (to a degree, of course, not pitch-black). I find it more relaxing, esp for the eyes. I don't buy that whole school of thought.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally if I'm in the dark the computer screen tends to hurt my eyes.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    I love that case so much Cantii. I can't wait until I pull the trigger and purchase mine.
    I've been in and out of my old Storm Sniper case, the side panel didn't want to go back on anymore. Perfect reason to get a new case!

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I'd replace your front, top and side Noctuas with CM Megaflows in a heartbeat and end it there! There is really no competition for 200mm's as far as cfm/noise goes, they can move a metric ton of air at extremely low RPM's. By not fully covering your fan grills with appropriately-sized fans you're creating big gaps that can disrupt the airflow/pressure.

I would've rotated the fans on your D14 (if that's possible) so the cables faced the bottom, not sprouted out the top.

You need some kind of a mesh/filter for that 5.25" bay fan to lower dust intake - my 5.25" covers were already meshed+filtered so I had no issues placing a 140mm behind them, but it appears the 650T has solid covers.

Overall a very tidy setup! Lol @ that funny-looking crossfire setup, I presume you bought the reference first and MSI later?

(As always I'll maintain that Noctua fans are an absolute eyesore and the company could literally DOUBLE their profits if they came out of their thick-headed shells and offered black/red/blue color schemes. I'm not exaggerating about the profit increase, they are seriously being super-stubborn with their colors at a massive cost just so that people can identify their ugly fans from a mile away and say "oh look, noctua fans!". The OCN community agrees, aesthetics are important when you blow thousands of $$ on your system! D14 is already a giant shapeless inelegant behemoth and the colors are NOT helping, I have a side window and the only thing stopping me from buying Noctua products is the color scheme...and the price I suppose...but mostly the color scheme.)
    The thing is, I hate LEDs I can't turn off, and I'm hard-pressed to find a quiet 200mm fan that can push air the way the TY-140 can. I'm actually going to be blocking off the grill around the front intake fan to solve that issue :P TY-140 moves more air than a megaflow, too (in actual practice, not according to specs, though) and am going to be blocking off the top-rear of the case (I'll probably just spray paint a piece of cardboard black and stick it on top, under the filter. Cheap and easy fix. The front grill will be harder.) Also, if you actually heard my case, you'd probably agree that it's the quietest fully air cooled rig you've ever heard :P The side noctua fans are silent at full speed (though the P14 in the middle of the D14 is loud as hell at full speed, but that's because it's sandwiched between two radiators, so I use the L.N.A. adapters for both of those fans), I also was just in a hurry to put them on, so the cables are all up and out... but they're nicely sleeved, so it's not an eyesore.

As I said, I'll be gutting the two busted Noctua fans I have for shrouds, so they'll be focusing the air right onto the GPUs, it'll be pretty epic. If Noctua made 200mm fans, I'd drop $35 each, easily. Probably $40, I really do love their fans and think they look pretty darn snazzy :P I DO have a 140mm filter that I've rigged with good ol' fashioned scotch tape to be put over the 5.25" bay, I just forgot to put it back on. Also, if I could find a way to successfully suspend that front TY-140 under the 5.25" bay, I'd definitely put the stock 200mm back in... at least the white LED is classy. So far, though, I've been unsuccessful. Also, the side panel only takes 4 120mm fans, no other size will fit without modification, and I'm a bit of a purist. If I can fit it in there with ingenuity and not destroy the case, I'll do it -- like I did with the front intake fan... it's not meant to be like that, in fact, it has no mounts for anything other than 200mm fans xD

I bought that reference XFX card when it first came out. Just recently came into the MSI on the cheap, so picked it up with thoughts of replacing my reference card for an overall quieter setup... then I tried crossfire, and well... yeah :P Hey, it works, though I'll probably sell the reference card somewhere down the line.

Pretty soon, my rig will be a standing advertisement for Noctua fans, I just wish it took 140mm fans, otherwise it'd be an advert for Thermalright and Scythe fans :P hehe.

Fuzzeekee
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Or rather, do so, with low brightness. ^^

.. I even read in the dark (to a degree, of course, not pitch-black). I find it more relaxing, esp for the eyes. I don't buy that whole school of thought.
    This exactly ^ ...Everyone else should google ambient lighting, it works.

I have a tiny lamp, with a black shade, and a high efficiency bulb that has similar output to my LCD display. There are lots of setups you can find on any search engine. They help A LOT for using computers in low light. I can use my machine for 8 hours with no eye strain at night because of this. If I forget to turn it on though, my eyes dry out, and sting.

While not the best pictures (since it was dark, and I had to use the flash), but on the subject of ambient lighting I'll repost some images from waaaay back.

I've since moved twice, so no more cathair everywhere.
    And less movingboxes.
    Also, RIP my desk that my mother bought me back when she was still alive. ;_;

10+ Year Old Account
    The placing of those lights would bother the heck out of me. I need to not see the actual light-source otherwise I'll go insane.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, if I had ambient lighting it would definitely be from far behind or way off to the side.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

I'm wondering if my NH-D14 needs its fans. Think I'll check tomorrow for giggles.

It'd be nice if I had two fans less to listen to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leave the single 140mm in the middle and set it to silent profile (if your mobo has CPU rpm profiles).
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Are those fans seriously *that* loud? They really don't look like loud ones....
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I'm wondering if my NH-D14 needs its fans. Think I'll check tomorrow for giggles.

It'd be nice if I had two fans less to listen to.
    People have run them fanless before. Depends on the rest of your airflow, but if you'd underclock-and-volt it, would work even during stress-tests.

Deleted
    When is the x79 chipset comming? Aswell as the new intel CPUs?

10+ Year Old Account
    ... do you read the forums? >_> X79 and Intel's new i7 CPUs came out nearly a week ago, benchmarks and everything were posted on these forums and have been all over. They blew AMD away again. And themselves. Again.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Are those fans seriously *that* loud? They really don't look like loud ones....
    They're not all that loud.

Just louder than the case fans.

How are those speakers tetris? I'm thinking of getting the z-506s, correct me if i'm wrong but i think they have about the same specs as them x-530s

Deleted
    ... do you read the forums? >_> X79 and Intel's new i7 CPUs came out nearly a week ago, benchmarks and everything were posted on these forums and have been all over. They blew AMD away again. And themselves. Again.
    Wooow.. Didn't know that. I havn't been very active lately.. :/

Can you link me to some good sources? O_O

Themselves? No. Also, just because something launches, does not mean it's readily availible. Bulldozer CPUs are first now becomming availible for consumers, and most companies have a history of paperlaunches (tell everyone they're released but won't end up in retailers in a few months. Fermi is a good example of this; 480 and 470 took half-a-month before appearing to the first consumers)
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Wooow.. Didn't know that. I havn't been very active lately.. :/

Can you link me to some good sources? O_O
    www.inet.se have some boards and CPUs in-stock.

Quote Originally Posted by olli576 View Post
    How are those speakers tetris? I'm thinking of getting the z-506s, correct me if i'm wrong but i think they have about the same specs as them x-530s
    My x-530s? Hm. I haven't used them in six months or more, but they're not as awful as everyone keeps saying. They aren't spectacular, but if you can find good placement for the five satellites, they're a decent buy. Not something I'd recommend to anyone though, as there's better things and better for the money out there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    www.inet.se have some boards and CPUs in-stock.
    I was kind of talking about information.

Of what?

10+ Year Old Account
    sweclockers.com set it as your startpage and also go through every single fredagspanel they have on youtube!