8gb ram
    120gb ssd
    gtx 590 nvidia

My setup:

CPU: i5 2400
    GPU: Radeon HD6870
    RAM: 4GB
    MOUSE: MX-518
    TFT: HP w2207 (from a design standpoint, one of the most awesome tft monitors ever made )
    Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I am now picturing lots of tubes. And they're filled with cats.
    Like Asera's?

No... /seriousface
    Cuter. :|

Idunnololz

Anyway, it seems I'll get my chance to get a third change of clothes. Awesome. /partyhat
    But the new PSU is rather distant, I find. Why's Christmas so expensive? ;_;

Okay, going to order this tommorow:
    Anything that I should change? Just want to double check, never want to go wrong with big purchases like this!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppasan View Post
    Anything that I should change? Just want to double check, never want to go wrong with big purchases like this!
    I would go with an other case if I were you. According to reviews that case has pretty bad HDD bays, and also might have problem with the PSU. Also, many people say that the case has a very plastic & cheap feel to it.

Make sure the RAM is going to fit "under" the NH-D14. That is a heck of a chunk of metal

Quote Originally Posted by Poppasan View Post
    Okay, going to order this tommorow:

The Radeon HD6970 is old tech by now. The HD7970 is released (paper-release) and will be availible within a month. Within two months, better GPUs should be availible for less (..than the HD6970 that is, not HD7970), the 7800-series.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Make sure the RAM is going to fit "under" the NH-D14. That is a heck of a chunk of metal
    It will fit, no worries there.

Quote Originally Posted by Anderzon View Post
    I would go with an other case if I were you. According to reviews that case has pretty bad HDD bays, and also might have problem with the PSU. Also, many people say that the case has a very plastic & cheap feel to it.
    The solutions are odd, but it's the first time I hear them being called bad. Normal PSUs will fit perfectly fine. Only very special PSUs (ie AX 1200) will possibly have trouble, or if they have strange fans here and there.

The plastic and cheap feel I can't really comment on though; this is often entirely up to taste in my experience. The Define R3 had a cheap feel to me with the loose grommets, but this is not a shared opinion apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    The Radeon HD6970 is old tech by now. The HD7970 is released (paper-release) and will be availible within a month. Within two months, better GPUs should be availible for less (..than the HD6970 that is, not HD7970), the 7800-series.

It will fit, no worries there.
    Oh... Feels a bit weird though, been saving for this for about a year, and when I have the money, waiting 2 months seems like a long time. D:

Old tech, but it is still as good as it was before. Just not as good as the new stuff. The 6970 hasn't magically got worse since Thursday.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    Like Asera's?
    Uhm... what?
    red panda red panda red panda!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So my Dad bought me a Seasonic X series 660 watt 80+ Gold PSU yesterday as a gift for Christmas and I spent yesterday evening and earlier this morning installing it and making things look as gorgeous as possible. I will have pictures up soon'ish!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Uhm... what?
    Cats. You have one. In your picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    So my Dad bought me a Seasonic X series 660 watt 80+ Gold PSU yesterday as a gift for Christmas and I spent yesterday evening and earlier this morning installing it and making things look as gorgeous as possible. I will have pictures up soon'ish!
    My gripe with Seasonic is that although their sleeving is top-notch quality, they sleeves don't go all the way to the end of the cable or fully black like the Corsair HX/AX series and also they're ridiculously stiff and can be a pain to bend. But hey, atleast you're getting industry-leading power and a dead-silent fan right :P that's a great christmas gift!

In other news, I stopped running dual-monitors about 1 hour after I got them. Other than the fact that I have almost no use for two monitors (hurr?) they were always forcing my GPU to 3D clocks despite forcing 2D profiles via Afterburner. I tried nVidia Inspector (thanks Saithes) and it does successfully achieve idle clocks, but I completely lose my bigger monitor because it turns grey and starts flickering.
    I'm happy with my single Asus monitor, it's 23" 1080p 120hz and simply amazing with height adjust, swivel, etc. Not to mention that nVidia 3D kit it came with, I'll play around with that later.

So I gifted my 120hz Syncmaster to my parents, who needed the 2nd monitor for when they worked from home
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-12-24 at 07:30 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    My gripe with Seasonic is that although their sleeving is top-notch quality, they sleeves don't go all the way to the end of the cable or fully black like the Corsair HX/AX series and also they're ridiculously stiff and can be a pain to bend. But hey, atleast you're getting industry-leading power and a dead-silent fan right :P that's a great christmas gift!

In other news, I stopped running dual-monitors about 1 hour after I got them. Other than the fact that I have almost no use for two monitors (hurr?) they were always forcing my GPU to 3D clocks despite forcing 2D profiles via Afterburner. I tried nVidia Inspector (thanks Saithes) and it does successfully achieve idle clocks, but I completely lose my bigger monitor because it turns grey and starts flickering.
    I'm happy with my single Asus monitor, it's 23" 1080p 120hz and simply amazing with height adjust, swivel, etc. Not to mention that nVidia 3D kit it came with, I'll play around with that later.

So I gifted my 120hz Syncmaster to my parents, who needed the 2nd monitor for when they worked from home
    I find multiple displays don't work as fluidly on nVidia cards as they do on Radeons. I have my TV hooked up to my comp, and the framerate in video usually plummets on the second screen when doing something on the primary... even just web browsing. :|
    red panda red panda red panda!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If tomorrow wasn't Christmas day, I'd call you crazy for just handing off such a nice monitor like that. x_x

In regards to your comments about Seasonic's power supplies, I must say I agree full-heartedly with your points, and they were about my only gripes with the power supply. The endings not being braided looks tacky as can be and I did find bending the CPU 8-pin power cable to be a pain in the butt, but other than that one, I didn't have too many issues. Either way, working with this power supply was a dream come true and I cannot express how amazing it truly is to have a modular power supply, it really cleans up the interior of the chassis.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post

My Thermaltake Comet 780 watt PSU has a stiff as a brick cable mesh as well, it sucks ass trying to bend it to be honest cause it just bends back to it's original position.

Hehe. Congratulations, Deltrus! Now pick up some sleeves and do some workin' yourself on the cables to make them extra pretty! Pretty please?