Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    I.E. Not his.
    why would that not be mine? that's an MS3 speed in the wallpaper...same car used in autocross that I have many videos of.

Also the same chair that is used to get top 50 in midwest for GT5 academy tournament.

nice try though bub!
    Last edited by Creatinebrah; 2011-03-02 at 07:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    why would that not be mine? that's an MS3 speed...same chair that i'm ranked 32rd in the midwest for gran turismo 5.

sorry kiddo, but you're wrong here.
    Generally speaking, internet toughguys who post two pictures of two beautiful, yet different photos of a gaming setup such as yours are lieing out their ass. Not saying you are, but you can provide us with proof before claiming you're "so and so" in "demographic".

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Build this myself 5 month ago and still running every game with 70 fps on maxx.

Might as well join in on the fun as well.

Case: CM HAF X
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 4 GHz (Highest I've gotten it while stresstesting is apparently 47 degrees celsius, which I'm having a hard time believing.)
    GPU: Flashed Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 @ 950/1450MHz
    RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance
    Mobo: ASUS M4A87TD EVO
    CPU cooler: Corsair H70
    PSU: Corsair HX 650W
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 2 120GB
    HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB (Too lazy for RAID)

Am at stupid school now, so I won't be able to post any images until I get home.
    Also used to run a Sandy Bridge setup (Asus P8P67 PRO and a Core i5 2500k, but the mobo died)
    Last edited by Aliadra; 2011-03-02 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliadra View Post
    Might as well join in on the fun as well.

Case: CM HAF X
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 4 GHz (Highest I've gotten it while stresstesting is apparently 47 degrees celsius, which I'm having a hard time believing.)
    GPU: Flashed Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 @ 950/1450MHz
    RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance
    Mobo: ASUS M4A87TD EVO
    CPU cooler: Corsair H70
    PSU: Corsair HX 650W
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 2 120GB
    HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB (Too lazy for RAID)

Am at stupid school now, so I won't be able to post any images until I get home.
    Also used to run a Sandy Bridge setup (Asus P8P67 PRO and a Core i5 2500k, but the mobo died)
    I looooove the Haf X

47 celcius is pretty good, I bounce off 80 all the time.
    Last edited by ayako; 2011-03-02 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post
    I looooove the Haf X
    Don't we all?

Having a bit of an issue with the back plate being in the way of the bracket that goes with the CPU cooler on the P8P67 card, so I'll have to dig out the hacksaw when I get a new mobo.

Don't we all?

Having a bit of an issue with the back plate being in the way of the bracket that goes with the CPU cooler on the P8P67 card, so I'll have to dig out the hacksaw when I get a new mobo.
    Hacksaw and CPU in the same sentence scares me :<

Hows it feel to use a BE after downgrading from a 2500K?

Hacksaw and CPU in the same sentence scares me :<

Hows it feel to use a BE after downgrading from a 2500K?
    Well, it's either hacksaw or angle cutter... Thinking the hacksaw will be safer.

Well, considering I wasn't able to OC the i5 much due to having the CPU cooler attached with two screws one the left side and strips on the right side, there's no huge difference, but if I had been able to OC it it would most likely have been awful.

I always notice a huge increase in improvement whenever I upgrade, but it always seems to slow down to me as you work faster/get more productive/software gets bloated.

I always notice a huge increase in improvement whenever I upgrade, but it always seems to slow down to me as you work faster/get more productive/software gets bloated.
    Well, it'll feel slower as you get more used to the speed.
    For instance, I'm used to running 60 FPS on ultra in 25-mans after getting my computer up and running, but I used to do 25s on a laptop with an Athlon II Q-60, and was used to the utter shit FPS (0,1-5) on low. Now, if I were to go back to raiding on that, it'd probably end up in pieces.

Current Pentium 4 (I think) on school computer is driving me crazy, as even using Internet Explorer causes it to run at 50-100% load.
    Last edited by Aliadra; 2011-03-02 at 10:34 AM.

Well, it'll feel slower as you get more used to the speed.
    For instance, I'm used to running 60 FPS on ultra in 25-mans after getting my computer up and running, but I used to do 25s on a laptop with an Athlon II Q-60, and was used to the utter shit FPS (0,1-5) on low. Now, if I were to go back to raiding on that, it'd probably end up in pieces.

Current Pentium 4 (I think) on school computer is driving me crazy, as even using Internet Explorer causes it to run at 50-100% load.
    ;_;

I was playing on my 14 incher when I was on travel, and the 6-ish fps killed me.

Everything is fast on my new comp except for Firefox when I tell it to do the more intensive tasks

;_;

I was playing on my 14 incher when I was on travel, and the 6-ish fps killed me.

Everything is fast on my new comp except for Firefox when I tell it to do the more intensive tasks
    Yeah, exactly that feeling... At least it was running "decently" in anything but large raids.
    Firefox isn't exactly known for its super-speed, at least in my book... Is fast enough for me on an SSD at least (Don't feel like killing the computer, unlike my laptop's 3,2k RPM HDD.

School done in 2 1/2 hours, so I'll probably be able to post some shitty pictures taken with my shitty phone camera in 4 hours.

Yeah, exactly that feeling... At least it was running "decently" in anything but large raids.
    Firefox isn't exactly known for its super-speed, at least in my book... Is fast enough for me on an SSD at least (Don't feel like killing the computer, unlike my laptop's 3,2k RPM HDD.

School done in 2 1/2 hours, so I'll probably be able to post some shitty pictures taken with my shitty phone camera in 4 hours.
    Not so much the starting as when I'm trying to save thousands of pictures or something. WTB true multithreaded firefox

Only taken picture of my setup when I had just assembled it. (Turned out the GFX cards cooling was broken and had to use stock CPU cooler for awhile as they somehow missed the custom one from my order)

Running games at 5760x1200 resolution

Setup is as follows:

Case: CM Storm Sniper Black Edition ATX
    PSU: Seasonic 750W X-750 ATX, 80Plus Gold
    DVD Drive: Samsung DVD±RW, SH-S223L/BEBE, 22x, SATA
    CPU: Intel Core i7 930 2.8GHz LGA1366 BOXED
    MoBo: Asus P6X58D-E, LGA1366, X58, USB 3.0, SATA 6Gbps, ATX
    GFX: Sapphire Ati Radeon HD 5970, 2GB GDDR5, 512-bit, 2xDVI/Mini-DisplayPort
    RAM: A-Data 3x2GB, DDR3 1600MHz, CL9
    Primary HD: OCZ 50GB SSD for OS
    Secondary HD: Samsung 1TB SpinPoint F3 3.5", SATAII, 32MB, 7200RPM
    CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 2 rev B CPU-cooler LGA775/1156/1366, AM3/AM2+/AM2
    3xMonitors: Hewlett Packard 24" ZR24W 1920x1200, S-IPS, 5ms, DisplayPort/DVI/VGA

Not so much the starting as when I'm trying to save thousands of pictures or something. WTB true multithreaded firefox
    Do I even want to know...?
    But yeah, you do have a point. Multithreaded Firefox would be nice (Not that I'm using it for alot of heavy tasks...)

Do I even want to know...?
    But yeah, you do have a point. Multithreaded Firefox would be nice (Not that I'm using it for alot of heavy tasks...)
    Nothing bad, was just saving the Art Thread

While Chrome is fast it lacks the functions and features that I need that save more time in the long run over faster page loads / etc.

Humble but cozy (how I like it!)

System specs:

MB Sapphire AMD 890GX AM3 DDR3 1600 CF+Hybrid
    Sapphire ATI PCX HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 HDMI/2DVI/ DP
    CPU AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
    Kingston 4 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
    Main HDD: HDD 3.5" 500GB Western Digital IDE 5200
    Mass Storage: HDD 3.5 1.5GB Western Digital 7400
    Samsung T220 22' Monitor 2 ms

One year old but still has some pewpew in it.
    Last edited by Dragonshardz; 2011-03-02 at 12:55 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz View Post
    Humble but cozy (how I like it!)

System specs:

MB Sapphire AMD 890GX AM3 DDR3 1600 CF+Hybrid
    Sapphire ATI PCX HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 HDMI/2DVI/ DP
    CPU AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
    Kingston 4 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
    Main HDD: HDD 3.5" 500GB Western Digital IDE 5200
    Mass Storage: HDD 3.5 1.5GB Western Digital 7400
    Samsung T220 22' Monitor 2 ms

One year old but still has some pewpew in it.
    Wow you sit really back from your monitor

Wow you sit really back from your monitor
    Glasses ftw (works both ways)

Don't we all?
    Negative. The HAF X embodies everything I disagree with when it comes to computer-cases.
    &nbsp;