drunken drop the 2500k and board and do an EVGA LGA 2011 xeon board with 2 $210 xeons would be sexy.

Xeon is pointless for gaming. And the evga srx has pink expansion slots.

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    drunken drop the 2500k and board and do an EVGA LGA 2011 xeon board with 2 $210 xeons would be sexy.
    I wouldn't touch the new EVGA SR-X board unless I was paid to do it, nor am I the slightest hyped on Xeon processors given their locked multiplier. I contemplated an X79 build, but I don't find it useful for now anyway.

Deleted
    Just swapped a laptop off a mate for a Xbox wireless controller lol, Needed a hard drive which i had and is now running Backtrack fine.

Is old with dual core turion 2ghz, 2GB ram and alleged dedicated gfx but will do fine for wifi hunting in the jungle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I wouldn't touch the new EVGA SR-X board unless I was paid to do it, nor am I the slightest hyped on Xeon processors given their locked multiplier. I contemplated an X79 build, but I don't find it useful for now anyway.
    What are you trying to build with 2x GTX 680's? A nuclear reactor?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJekyll View Post
    As I understand it, nuclear reactors aren't exactly ones for needing tons of computing power. O.o
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    As I understand it, nuclear reactors aren't exactly ones for needing tons of computing power. O.o
    Well that's good then, since 680s aren't very good at computing to begin with :P
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Well that's good then, since 680s aren't very good at computing to begin with :P
    Giggled, +1!

ps. if somebody wants cheap GTX 670s to Northern Europe (25 euros shipping from Finland), my local store put some special discounts:

http://www.jimms.fi/tuote/NE5X67001042F-MURO
    http://www.jimms.fi/tuote/NE5X670H1042J-MURO
    Last edited by Gouca; 2012-06-26 at 07:20 AM.

Went for the 690 myself. Sure, completely useless (just like 2 680s) but I'm just the kind of person that wants the latest thing. Ah well, at least I don't gamble or do drugs...

I only wanted one card, but the guy was selling two. For a time I'm probably going to put it in SLI just to see this microstutter thing in person and get some idea about the hassles involved, but generally I'm only going to use one card per machine.

I only wanted one card, but the guy was selling two. For a time I'm probably going to put it in SLI just to see this microstutter thing in person and get some idea about the hassles involved, but generally I'm only going to use one card per machine.
    How much microstutter / problems in general people have had with 6XX in SLI? I haven't actually read about them lately

Yea, thought it was weird that you went for dual 680. But if it's for 2 separate machine, why not try SLI on one first

Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    How much microstutter / problems in general people have had with 6XX in SLI? I haven't actually read about them lately
    It's present, and honestly there's no reason the issue would be less prominent than before. The guy I was buying them from admitted he noticed it really easily when he had them in SLI, so he almost immediately moved one card into his other rig instead. GTX 690 introduced an Alternate Frame gimmick, but that didn't help much according to reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Yea, thought it was weird that you went for dual 680. But if it's for 2 separate machine, why not try SLI on one first
    That's what I just said I will. I look forward to when the stuff arrives.

Deleted
    It's present, and honestly there's no reason the issue would be less prominent than before. The guy I was buying them from admitted he noticed it really easily when he had them in SLI, so he almost immediately moved one card into his other rig instead. GTX 690 introduced an Alternate Frame gimmick, but that didn't help much according to reviews.

That's what I just said I will. I look forward to when the stuff arrives.
    Ah, my apologies for jumping to conclusions. Makes sense.

I5 2500k @ 4.5 Ghz 1.34v
    Corsair H80
    Gigabyte z68ap-d3 rev 2
    8 GB DDR3 1600 CL9 G. Skill
    1.5 TB Samsumg 7200 RPM
    1xKingston SV200 64gb
    1xOCZ Agility 3 60gb
    Radeon HD 7970 @1200/1700
    Asus XONAR DX
    Corsair TX 650w

BenQ XL2420T + Samson 4a + Steelseries Siberia V2

Keyboard
    Logitech G15

Mouse
    Logitech MX518

Headset
    Nox Audio

Monitor
    Dell s2330mx

Case
    Lian Li

Cooling
    Noctua NH-D14

PSU
    Antec 750w

CPU
    Intel Core i7 930 D0

GPU
    Evga 560 ti

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naididae View Post
    Samson 4a
    ooooo

So how do you like them? Get pretty loud don't they? I know the 3a's get loud enough for me, but the 4s are even louder.
    "A flower.

Pretty loud =p I still didn't have the chance to try 100% volume, but at the max I tried (around 15% lol - I got it installed at nighttime, it would piss/wake too many neighbours hehe). Sound quality is pretty good, miles ahead of the crappy speakers I had before.
    Originally I was going to get the 5a, but the cheapest I could find where I live was around 340 USD >.<, so I settled with the 4a.

10+ Year Old Account
    $340? Damn! At my local Sam Ash the 3a's are $100, 4s $150, and 5s $200. =S
    "A flower.

Let me know when you come to Brazil. I'd totally want some hardware =p

It was the cheapest I could find, cause in almost every other store it was closer to 500usd... Yes, a gigantic ripoff, but the 4a, although still a robbery (~250usd) was the best I could afford over here =/ Pretty good sound though, just wish I could either pay less for it, or with the same amount of money, get what would be a lot better in the US =p

10+ Year Old Account
    Here let's continue the chatter here, since we're going a bit off-topic now.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Thread/page48
    "A flower.