Deleted
    urm, wow. just finished cloning my windows installation to my SSD and this shit is crazy. i honestly didn't think i'd notice much of a difference but yeah, i was totally wrong. i can now turn on my computer and log in and use my desktop in a few seconds. all of my apps are faster as well - chrome has definitely improved a lot. i thought the slow speeds were to do with my network connection but pages and multiple tabs now load instantly.

just waiting for my sound card now.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good to hear! What sound card did you get and what audio devices are you using?

We'd love some more pictures as always!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    urm, wow. just finished cloning my windows installation to my SSD and this shit is crazy. i honestly didn't think i'd notice much of a difference but yeah, i was totally wrong. i can now turn on my computer and log in and use my desktop in a few seconds. all of my apps are faster as well - chrome has definitely improved a lot. i thought the slow speeds were to do with my network connection but pages and multiple tabs now load instantly.

just waiting for my sound card now.
    Once you go SSD, you don't ever look back!
    I personally saw the next 'experience' as stepping up to a 120hz LED monitor, but that may not be practical to everyone as they're expensive and also require a beasty system to be able to consistently push out those kind of FPS numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Once you go SSD, you don't ever look back!
    I personally saw the next 'experience' as stepping up to a 120hz LED monitor, but that may not be practical to everyone as they're expensive and also require a beasty system to be able to consistently push out those kind of FPS numbers.
    I completely agree with you, being an SSD & 120hz monitor owner. What screen you got?
    Playing since 2007.

Samsung S23A700D. It was either that or an ASUS one that sounds similar to yours (can't remember the model number).
    I bought it during their cashback promotional period, so I managed to snag one for an amazing price.
    Last edited by Drakoes; 2012-08-04 at 10:02 PM.

Personally, I find 120 Hz screens, while better than 60Hz TN panels, still suffer from one fact that makes them unusable. They are TN, and usually pretty low quality, so the image representation is beyond poor.

Well it obviously also depends on which one you get and whether or not you're looking out for any other features. There's a BenQ 24" I believe that is very popular, at least in the UK from what I've seen.

The one I got seems to fall under the mid-high band, which makes it decent. I'm not sure if all of them come in LED as well, so that's another nice plus for most everyday users. I've tried a Dell Ultrasharp at a friend's house too and the differences between them in terms of image quality wasn't that substantial, in fact, it's still one of the best I've ever used, so it's not that bad at all.
    The main selling point is ofc 120hz, and you do notice a certain level of fluidity and smoothness, even at your windows' desktop that is hard to describe in full, and seems to be one of those things that must be actually experienced.
    Last edited by Drakoes; 2012-08-04 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Personally, I find 120 Hz screens, while better than 60Hz TN panels, still suffer from one fact that makes them unusable. They are TN, and usually pretty low quality, so the image representation is beyond poor.
    I have to agree with this, until we get 120Hz VA or IPS panels I won't be switching.

Dunno, my Asus VG236H has pretty decent image quality.
    Last edited by Nab; 2012-08-04 at 10:12 PM.
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know but i'm really happy with this piece of hardware :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    I don't know but i'm really happy with this piece of hardware :/
    Which of course is fine. Unfortunately when picking a monitor today one has to pick between image quality and speed; one simply can't have both. Some choose to go for a fast monitor while others prefer accurate colours; it really is an individual choice one has to make.

I went for colour accuracy myself and sided with 2560x1440 resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Which of course is fine. Unfortunately when picking a monitor today one has to pick between image quality and speed; one simply can't have both. Some choose to go for a fast monitor while others prefer accurate colours; it really is an individual choice one has to make.

I went for colour accuracy myself and sided with 2560x1440 resolution.
    You can always go with one of the Korean 2560x1440 monitors. They are overclockable with reports of people getting 100+hz refresh rates.
    Desktop: i7 6700k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 1080ti Gaming X | EVGA Classified K | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V @ 3200MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) Micron 2TB SSD (Games) | Seasonic 750W Titanium | Corsair 750D | Acer x34 Predator Benq PD3200U
    HIDevolution NP9877 Laptop: Delidded i7 8700k @ 4.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 1080 | 16GB G.Skill @ 2946MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) 2x 500GB SSDs (Games) | 1440p 120HZ GSync Display

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    Bleh, unfortunately, i cant post any pictures since i dont have any way of transfering pictures from cellphone to computer, but i'll try to get something soon

Did you post pictures of your setup Cyanotical? i'd love to see the one you've got in your sig.

Also, how much did that beast cost?
    Email the pic to yourself from your phone, open the email on your PC, download the picture.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Good to hear! What sound card did you get and what audio devices are you using?

We'd love some more pictures as always!
    Asus Xonar D1 and a tritton headset. I know it's not considered an amazing setup but it's doing fine for me so far. it's a lot better than anything else I've had in the past. I'll probably upgrade to some top of the line headphones when I have enough, for what I paid I really don't think my headset is that bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    I know my cable management is shit, but its alright i think. Nothing is stretched too far or pulling something that shouldn't be pulled so its ok.
    Why are you using those ghetto pci-express power adapters for your video card? Surely your psu has at least 4 pci-e power cords.
    I know it wont make any difference power wise but consider using them when you tidy up the cable mess.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Mine!

Motherboard: Asus M5A97 EVO
    CPU:Fx-8150
    GPU:Saphire Radeon 6970
    Ram:G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb(2x4gb)
    HDD:1TB seagate Barracuda 7200RPM
    Powersupply:Can't remember gonna find it later

Case:Thermaltake Level 10GT
    Keyboard:Logitech G110

Monitor:Samsung D5000 32 inch Full Hd Tv

Who needs cable management anyway

i know its not the place but can i use dual fan cpu coolers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Thendx View Post
    Motherboard: Asus M5A97 EVO
    CPU:Fx-8150
    GPU:Saphire Radeon 6970
    Ram:G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb(2x4gb)
    HDD:1TB seagate Barracuda 7200RPM
    Powersupply:Can't remember gonna find it later

Case:Thermaltake Level 10GT
    Keyboard:Logitech G110

Monitor:Samsung D5000 32 inch Full Hd Tv
    *HUGE pictures*
    Who needs cable management anyway

i know its not the place but can i use dual fan cpu coolers ?
    You might want to make those pics thumbnails before you get infracted by the mods.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    You might want to make those pics thumbnails before you get infracted by the mods.
    yep i saw it and fix it the moment i saw they huge

10+ Year Old Account
    In less than 24 hours, I'll (hopefully) get a couple of shiny, new toys:

* Dell Ultrasharp U2410 - Yes, tetris, it's the correct type of panel this time!
    * Fractal Design Define R4 - Black Pearl

In the past, I've always had my brother help me install new hardware. This time, however, I've decided to (try to) move everything over to the new case, as well as do cable management, all on my own. I'm prepairing for hours of rage and when the day is over, I'll most likely be sitting in my car, driving as fast as I can away from what's, by then, most likely a giant can of short circuits. Wish me good luck!
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Cusco View Post
    Yes, tetris, it's the correct type of panel this time!
    success-kid.jpg
    Either way, I'd be happy to assist you if you need it. Not do it, but you know, assist through skype if necessary.

That case looks so much better than the Define (R3). Jelly.