Get a couple of sticky-back rubber pads, stick them to the desk where the keyboard is supposed to be and rest the keyboard against them, it won't slip towards the monitor anymore. Plus, you will know exactly where the keyboard should go after removing it to clean the desk

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Get a couple of sticky-back rubber pads, stick them to the desk where the keyboard is supposed to be and rest the keyboard against them, it won't slip towards the monitor anymore. Plus, you will know exactly where the keyboard should go after removing it to clean the desk
    Trust me, I'd do that, but sometimes I like to rework its position, maybe a little bit diagonal, depending on what I am doing. ;p
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Have a map of rest-points then, a bit like Prop marks on a stage in a theatre

10+ Year Old Account
    NOPE! Getting way too complicated at this point. The issue with the keyboard is mostly a small issue, it isn't game breaking. :P
    "A flower.

If my keyboard isn't in exactly the right place, it IS game-breaking

I guess the OCD that didn't kick in when finishing cable-management most definitely shows itself when it comes to where my keyboard is (even if my desk is cluttered with paper and pens and other stuff one needs within hand's reach).

10+ Year Old Account
    Post a picture of it, before the mods come look at this thread and have joint heart attacks!!
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Nice to see your build complete Cyan, extremely impressive.

I personally find that the FT02 doesn't belong with the 800D and Cosmos II in a comparison as it doesn't cater towards the same user essentially. These cases are just too different and aimed at different audiences. In that regard it's closer to Cusco's case, the Define R4, but in reality I don't think there's anything like it.

I will say though that the FT02 is one of the more elegant cases I know of. The solid steel unibody that goes along the case is just stunning and unlike anything I have seen in a case before. It's just so properly engineered you are blown away and amazed everytime you open it up.

The flaw, or rather drawback, is the limited space. I do find that it gives a more impressive finished product, but building in it is not fun - especially if you want a clean result. Knowing what a bitch cable management is in this case I give you kudos Cyan. You have a crapton of thick cables running in that case and still managed to get it tidy. Hat off.

10+ Year Old Account
    WOOO!!! Looks awesome man! How are you liking the sound?

Just, in the future please use www.imgur.com, it's so much better. ;p
    "A flower.

I loved that I could turn the sound up half-way and hear it as crisp and clear right in front of them as i could all the way across the house :-P

Also, i couldn't figure out how to get thumbnails from imgur one night, so I've just been using imageshack since, hah

Also, i couldn't figure out how to get thumbnails from imgur one night, so I've just been using imageshack since, hah
    http://www.imgur.com/xxxxxL.jpg

I'm having a small issue with white noise randomly coming and going tho. Getting pretty annoying. The knob on the speaker is only up about halfway too.

EDIT: The white noise is only happening in Chrome... Is that a known issue or... Hmm.
    Last edited by Ryann; 2012-08-07 at 01:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryann View Post
    I loved that I could turn the sound up half-way and hear it as crisp and clear right in front of them as i could all the way across the house :-P
    Right?! I noticed this the first time I was blasting my Samson Media ONE 3A's! It's awesome! Went upstairs and into the kitchen, and was like, "wow, amazing how clear you can hear the music in here!" My mom said something along the effect of, yeah, so great." /sarcasm lol

---------- Post added 2012-08-07 at 12:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    http://www.imgur.com/xxxxxL.jpg
    I prefer the drop-down to "Small Square" and thus...

I see no big L. ;p
    "A flower.

So my keyboard decided to f up on me, so Im looking to get a new one, any suggestions?(gaming keyboard obviously).

OT: Just put in the nzxt led kit earlier, will upload pics soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    So my keyboard decided to f up on me, so Im looking to get a new one, any suggestions?(gaming keyboard obviously).
    Don't derail this thread; create your own. Read the first lines in the first post of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...603_150246.jpg

Added the 4GB Jetstream 680 to my system now. Sitting at around 11,450 3DMark11 score!

Screenshots/pictures of SW scaled down

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...iplescreen.png

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...3_173830-1.jpg
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Quote Originally Posted by Fierae View Post
    http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...603_150246.jpg

Added the 4GB Jetstream 680 to my system now. Sitting at around 11,450 3DMark11 score!

Screenshots/pictures of SW scaled down

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...iplescreen.png

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...3_173830-1.jpg
    that is a nice build what monitors are you using?
    Intel i7 2600k | NZXT Havik 140 | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 3x Liyama E2407HDS(5760x1080) | Intel 520 Series 120GB
    2x EVGA GTX 690 SC Signature 4096MB in SLI | 16GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 2133 | CoolMaster HAF X

10+ Year Old Account
    Iiyama ProLite E2473HDS (x3), from personal preference, as I sit straight on, I don't get the viewing angle fallbacks of TN, but for me IPS show too much ghosting as I'm very sensitive to it and don't like it at all. Most other people don't pick up on it.

They are great monitors though.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

oooo i thought they look familiar they look like mine i got basicly the same setup as u and i love my monitors and i cannot find fault with them

Last edited by Dudejoss; 2012-08-07 at 12:27 PM.
    Intel i7 2600k | NZXT Havik 140 | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 3x Liyama E2407HDS(5760x1080) | Intel 520 Series 120GB
    2x EVGA GTX 690 SC Signature 4096MB in SLI | 16GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 2133 | CoolMaster HAF X

I bought some new components and did some swapping around with the old ones. It's taken me about seven months, but I've managed to replace my gaming rig, down to every case fan, leaving the Caviar Black as the only remnant of my old one. Not only that, but I managed to utilize the old parts in a server build, with only about $70 spent on the two parts that were missing.

For my main rig:
    Case: Fractal Design Define R3 (Titanium Grey)
    Mobo: Gigabyte 870A-UD3 ---> ASRock Extreme4 Z77
    SSD: Crucial C300 64GB ---> Crucial M4 128GB
    HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB
    CPU: AMD Phenom II 965BE @ 4.0GHz ---> Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz
    CPU Heatsink: Xigmatek Gaia ---> CoolerMaster Hyper 212+
    GPU: Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448
    GPU Heatsink: Gelid IcyVision Rev. 2
    RAM: 8GB (4x2GB) Kingston HyperX 1600MHz DDR3
    PSU: Corsair 550VX

And the new(ish) server:
    Case: BitFenix Merc Beta
    Mobo: Gigabyte 870A-UD3
    SSD: Crucial C300 64GB
    HDD1: WD Caviar Blue 500GB
    HDD2: WD Caviar Green 2TB
    HDD3: WD Caviar Green 2TB
    HDD4: WD Caviar Green 1TB
    CPU: AMD Phenom II 965BE @ 3.4GHz (Stock)
    CPU Heatsink: Xigmatek Gaia (Really need to find a lower profile one, it only exhausts vertically and mostly obscures my only outtake case fan.)
    RAM: 4GB (2x2GB) Mushkin Essentials 1333MHz DDR3
    PSU: Antec EarthWatts 380D