Deleted
    I attempted to take a picture of my gaming room and rig, camera not good enough for it so i'll just write what I have :>

-Computer-
    Case: Cooler Master Silencio 550, black.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition, 3.6ghz
    GPU: ASUS Geforce GTX 660-2 gb, OC. <-- Buying another one at the Christmas sales. That explains my PSU :>
    RAM: XMS3 Vengeance, 1600 mhz - 2x4GB.
    PSU: Fractal design, Newton R2 80+ (Modular)- 800W.
    Cooling: Corsair Hydro H60, HP liquid cooler.
    SSD: Buying a Samsung 830, 256 GB next week or the week after that. ( Old one broke )
    HDD: WD Caviar black ,500 GB.

-Accessories-
    Console: XBox 360, 250GB.
    Monitor: Benq 21'5.
    Speakers: Logitech Z-5500 <-- Bought it for the over sized leg rest, Bass I mean...
    Headset 1: Turtlebeach X-12 <-- Bought it as it's compatible with both PC and Xbox 360.
    Headset 2: zombee z700 <-- Budget headset for speaking on skype, microphone quality is unchallenged by any of my gaming headsets.
    Headset 3: steelseries 5hv2 <-- Most comfortable for watching movies or playing games for longer periods.
    Mouse: Razer Naga.
    Keyboard: Logitech K360(wireless) <-- This is by far the best keyboard I have ever used when it comes to comfort, durability and price, Beats any gaming keyboard by miles.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2012-11-15 at 12:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Thats the equivalent of not driving above 35 cuz its too scary. 80c is np to reach as is on high end cards in high end games.
    80 isnt anywhere near 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    Beats any gaming keyboard by miles.
    Nice setup, but you may want to edit that to say "Beats any gaming keyboard by miles that I have used" because you definitely haven't experienced mechanical switches :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Nice setup, but you may want to edit that to say "Beats any gaming keyboard by miles that I have used" because you definitely haven't experienced mechanical switches :P
    I have used plenty of both to appreciate the many pros and cons with both designs. In my opinion a well designed flat key'd membrane board is superior. This particular keyboard doesn't suffer from the same flaw as most other membrane boards, the keys are amazingly positioned in height, separation and the switch resistance , Oh my, just <3.

To get a well designed, smoothed switched, flat key'd mech board you have to go pretty high up in the "hierarchy" of quality brands, that costs money, a lot of it. And I'm not even sure if the flat key design can be found in mech boards anymore? Tell me if you know of any, I have been looking for some time without success.

Anyways, it's personal preference and not actual facts I'm saying here. I can't live with the usual keyboard design with mountains for keys that require the strength of 10 medium sized vikings to push down. That's just me though
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2012-11-15 at 04:07 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    Anyways, it's personal preference and not actual facts I'm saying here. I can't live with the usual keyboard design with mountains for keys that require the strength of 10 medium sized vikings to push down. That's just me though
    So, you mean membrane boards right? Try out a Corsair K90 at a friend's or at a store... you'll be shocked how light they feel, it's almost like the keys aren't there.

Anywho, so I haven't posted here in a while, don't ask why, it's retarded. Tonight though, I finally got around to something that's been needed for a while..... first off, Facebook status:

For two and a half months, you have sat there, unhappy. Two and a half months, you've looked at me longingly. You have begged me and pleaded me, Alex, take care of me. For two and a half months, I've ignored you. I have said, I'll take care of you soon. Days turned to weeks, weeks turned to months, and still you sat there, cowering in the corner, eyeing me, hoping for some sympathy. For two and a half months, you have felt insecure, to a literal extent, you've been running a fever, and for no more, I will take care of you and fix you, dear Computer Black Phoenix.

Please still be good:

Ripe for the picking:

Slightly off-kilter and dirty CPU heatsink:

Dear puppy doggy Jocko was stalking me and hovering....

Polished the shiiiiit out of the copper base on my Zalman CNPS 9900ALED:

Dusted it a bit:

Cleaned up the CPU itself:

CPU heatsink realigned and seated beautifully:

Temperatures have literally plummeted. Lol, fuck no to anymore LAN parties! (Bumpity bump on into the college we go, destroying hard drives, CPU heatsinks unseated, WE DON'T CARE!!!)
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

The Corsair Hydro coolers are great for LAN machines. It takes the weight off the CPU and moves it to a spot that is secured to the case.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    The Corsair Hydro coolers are great for LAN machines. It takes the weight off the CPU and moves it to a spot that is secured to the case.
    I have a passionate disposition for those and any closed loop coolers. Plus after being an officer of my college computer club, I would hate to be associated with the self-proclaimed geniuses... "Omg it is water cooling and way better than yours!" /sneer
    Seriously...?
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I have a passionate disposition for those and any closed loop coolers. Plus after being an officer of my college computer club, I would hate to be associated with the self-proclaimed geniuses... "Omg it is water cooling and way better than yours!" /sneer
    Seriously...?
    But of course you could be the cool one to reply with "ha! but it's actually just mediocore compared to the best aircoolers, I'm using it because I LAN a lot and it distributes the weight better around the case and makes it more secure". Can see t-shirts coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    But of course you could be the cool one to reply with "ha! but it's actually just mediocore compared to the best aircoolers, I'm using it because I LAN a lot and it distributes the weight better around the case and makes it more secure". Can see t-shirts coming.
    Noooooope. :P

I <3 my Zalman! It's so big and gorgeous. Not to mention I left the computer club anyways, too much drama and too many folks I couldn't stand to be around for another day.
    "A flower.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some nice builds here ill post mine when i have enough posts to toss in some pics or links although TheMadgod can vouch for my system lol got pics on our guild site.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Seriously...?
    i've noticed a trend to naming:
    presealed units: Liquid Cooling
    custom component loops: Water Cooling

there is a certain amount of skill needed to actually watercool an entire system, and thus it brings bragging rights, but people are trying to apply that to small presealed units

however, you do need to stop and think about the perception of presealed units when many long time water coolers are switching to them or air, both Synthaxx and myself have dropped our waterloops in favor of presealed units or heatsinks, and i assume the reason is the same, water is no longer needed and it's too much of a hassle to deal with anymore for just the bragging rights

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post

there is a certain amount of skill needed to actually watercool an entire system, and thus it brings bragging rights, but people are trying to apply that to small presealed units

however, you do need to stop and think about the perception of presealed units when many long time water coolers are switching to them or air, both Synthaxx and myself have dropped our waterloops in favor of presealed units or heatsinks, and i assume the reason is the same, water is no longer needed and it's too much of a hassle to deal with anymore for just the bragging rights
    It's not that - the guys in the club who have these things get these smirks on their faces and are like "oh yeah but mine is liquid cooling!" >

It annoys me to all hell, I'm like "it's not real liquid cooling..."

"So, you don't have it. And it keeps my CPU cool!"

Meanwhile he's just a guy with a STOCK 3570K on a Sabertooth Z77 board. -.-

Seriously if you saw the guy I will bet you'd want to punch him square in the face after talking to him for 3 minutes.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Isnt it also the fun of tinkering and tweaking of your system, altho that could be a different audiance all together :P And i can imagine it still has some use for GPU's.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post

Have to agree here, a custom loop wasn't easy. I replaced it back with my 212+.
    Playing since 2007.

Monitor - Samsung 24"SyncMaster T240HD
    Mouse - Razer Naga
    Keyboard - Logitech G110
    Speakers - Creative Inspire 5.1 Digital 5700
    Case - Cooler Master HAF XM
    Power Supply - LSP 750 pro
    Motherboard - ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
    CPU - AMD FX 8350
    CPU Cooler - Corsair H100
    GPU - XFX Radeon HD 7870 2GB 256 bit GDDR5
    RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB)
    SSD - Samsung 830 256GB
    HDD - Western Digital 500GB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SKT View Post
    Monitor - Samsung 24"SyncMaster T240HD
    Mouse - Razer Naga
    Keyboard - Logitech G110
    Speakers - Creative Inspire 5.1 Digital 5700
    Case - Cooler Master HAF XM
    Power Supply - LSP 750 pro
    Motherboard - ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
    CPU - AMD FX 8350
    CPU Cooler - Corsair H100
    GPU - XFX Radeon HD 7870 2GB 256 bit GDDR5
    RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB)
    SSD - Samsung 830 256GB
    HDD - Western Digital 500GB
    Would love to see some picture, though I am disappointed in your choice of CPU, mobo (because of what CPU it supports, Asus Sabertooths in general rock though), and mouse.

An i5-3570K with Asus Z77 Sabertooth would have cost about the same and had superior performance. http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/697?vs=701

A higher quality less failure rate mouse would have served you much better, though I hope the mouse does you well - everyone I know who has owned one however has had it die on them horribly, in whatever way.
    "A flower.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh might as well just list the specs and post pics as soon as i have enough posts lol

Current:
    Case: Nzxt Phantom Black / Green
    Cooling: Corsair H100
    Cpu: i7 3770k oc to 4.6GHz
    Mobo: Asus z77 Sabertooth
    RAM: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 mhz
    Gpu: MSI GTX 680 Lightning x2 in SLI
    Psu: Corsair AX1200i
    Sound: Asus Xonar Phoebus
    Cd/dvd: Lg x14 Bluray
    SSD(s): Crucial m4 64gb, Crucial m4 128gb, Corsair Force 3gs 240gb.
    HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda

Monitor: Asus 23.6" 120hz (vg236h)
    Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013
    Mouse: Razer Naga Epic
    Game pad: Logitech G13
    Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1
    Mic: Logitech Usb desk mic

Parts sitting in my closet / in transit:

Coolermaster Cosmos 2 Case
    Xspc raystorm ex360
    Xspc ex240 x2
    Xspc D5 dual bay res/pump
    Xspc raystorm cpu block
    Aqua computer gtx680 lightning water block x2
    Enough hose, brackets and rotary compression fittings and compression unions to make it work

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely looking forward to some pictures, sounds like a ridiculous rig, though I have some questions about it.

Any reason you got the i7-3770K?
    Why a blu ray player?
    Hope your Razer products do you better than my friends who have had Razer products, especially the Naga and their headsets.
    "A flower.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reasons 3d blu ray player because my monitor supports 3D and for the novelty.

I7, caught it on sale.

When ivy-e comes out i plan on upgrading to the extreme edition cpu for better rendering / encoding capabilities since funds aren't really an issue.

As for razer, well this is my second naga epic and it's workin flawlessly, my tiamat's mic broke so hence the desk mic lol. I had bad luck with my megalodon poopin the bed lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EllishaPally View Post
    When ivy-e comes out i plan on upgrading to the extreme edition cpu for better rendering / encoding capabilities since funds aren't really an issue.
    last i checked IB-E has only been confirmed to replace the LGA1567 E7 xeons, it's rumored to be on LGA2011 in Q3 or Q4 of 2013, but intel hasn't said anything about that