Havent overclocked my GPU yet still at stock 1200MHz, but I have flashed its BIOS for unlocked voltage.

Bro... Start OC'ing! Lightnings overclock like beasts! Bet you can get 1300+ easily.

For a basement nerd cave it's surprisingly not horrible down there. I sort of wish I didn't have
    to have a living room for people to sit and talk in. I'd much rather just have combination sitting
    room/computer station/meeting room/etc. like the office of a supervillan CEO in the movies.

We haven't had a black-and-white picture with too much bokeh for a while. Where are those guys?

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post

For a basement nerd cave it's surprisingly not horrible down there. I sort of wish I didn't have
    to have a living room for people to sit and talk in. I'd much rather just have combination sitting
    room/computer station/meeting room/etc. like the office of a supervillan CEO in the movies.

We haven't had a black-and-white picture with too much bokeh for a while. Where are those guys?
    Competely jealous how clean that looks o.o Where did you get that desk?
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2013-06-10 at 11:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

the wall paint looks like a very similar pinkish-orange shade to my computer room

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn that is one clean rig!

Don't really like how the speakers are positioned though, being directly in front of speakers facing you, or right past your ears, is an amazing experience.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Competely jealous how clean that looks o.o Where did you get that desk?
    You can snag the desk by assembling parts from ikea. It's not really a specific desk, just those components you can buy (table top, legs, storage units, drawers, etc) put together. The total price for all the bits and pieces was probably around $500-ish here, and probably much less costly in Sweden or America.

The reason I went with flat-pack rather than something from DWR is that you can modify it without feeling guilty or worrying that you're about to destroy $2500 worth of furniture. On a mac it's no big deal: there's just one or two cables (power, and maybe one to your screen) but my PC had 10 cables on the desk and then another dozen for printer, usb devices, speakers, network, etc. There's no way to have that look clean without giving it some attention:
    • Use a hole-saw to cut a 10cm circle in the 'cubby hole' that holds the tower case to route cables into it.
    • Into the pull-drawers add 4-port powered USB hubs so that your tablet/phone/camera have a place to charge out of sight
    • Into the cabinet-style drawers add power bars so that your 'big toys' can charge (laptop) out of sight
    • Use hose clamps(?) to route cables down the back of the of the shelves.
    All you need is a hand-held power drill, a couple of hole-saws (2cm 5cm and 10cm), a handful of screws, and maybe a USB extension cable or two. Cheap and easy cable management for your gaming corner.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would love to see the cable management pics evn.

I really should put some effort into a nice desk and cable management seeing how I am at my desk far more than 20 hours a day.

<snip>

Clean nice build, I love it

Good job!
    My first build:
    Storage: Kingston SSD Now V200+ 120G and WD Caviar Blue HDD 500 G
    Processing Units: i5-3570k @ 3.8 Ghz cooled by 212 Evo and MSI Twin Frozr 3, R7850 @ 900, 1200
    Mobo, Ram, PSU Gigabyte Z77-D3H and G.Skill ripjaw 2x 4G with XFX 550w
    If I am unreadable, its not because I hate grammar, its because Im french-canadian

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Would love to see the cable management pics evn.

I really should put some effort into a nice desk and cable management seeing how I am at my desk far more than 20 hours a day.
    Yeah, if you could get pictures of how your cables are routed, I think a lot of us would appreciate it!
    "A flower.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Here's a shot of my gaming setup. I really need to do an overhaul on it soon as I'm really uncomfortable for some reason. That and I hate not having my 3rd screen over on the right side of the desk. And my tower is way to big to be up on the desk as well. But I have no ikea near me, or within 30mins of me and I haven't seen any other nice looking desks. And I don't have the money to drop $700+ on a desk and cable managing stuff =/. Not to mention I want a nice 27" 1440p monitor.

Always taking suggestions on my setup and what to do better with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    A nice sturdy coffee table or some other short table makes for a good case-stand!

I personally use a coffee table my Great granddad made out of solid wood. The thing is heavy as shit!

"A flower.

Deleted
    This is what I use for gaming, watching movies and just browsing.
    http://i42.tinypic.com/2mg8qrs.jpg

Setup
    Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D
    CPU: Intel i7 3930k
    CPU cooler: Corsair Hydro H100i
    Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth x79 LGA 2011 socket
    GPU: GTX 780
    PSU: Corsair HX750 80+ gold
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2 x 8 GB
    Optical drive: Very old DVD drive for now.
    SSD: Samsung 840 256 GB
    Harddrive: Seagate Barracude 1TB
    Operating system: Windows 7 Home premium
    Fans: Corsair SP120 x2 + AF120 x1
    Monitor: BenQ XL2024T
    Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow ultimate 2013
    Mouse: My beloved and trusted mx518!

* User was infracted for posting images in excess of 800px in width.
    Last edited by mmoc452d0e7b87; 2013-06-12 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Nothing tiny about tinypic.. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by EnìgmaEU View Post
    This is what I use for gaming, watching movies and just browsing.
    http://i42.tinypic.com/2mg8qrs.jpg

Setup
    Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D
    CPU: Intel i7 3930k
    CPU cooler: Corsair Hydro H100i
    Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth x79 LGA 2011 socket
    GPU: GTX 780
    PSU: Corsair HX750 80+ gold
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2 x 8 GB
    Optical drive: Very old DVD drive for now.
    SSD: Samsung 840 256 GB
    Harddrive: Seagate Barracude 1TB
    Operating system: Windows 7 Home premium
    Fans: Corsair SP120 x2 + AF120 x1
    Monitor: BenQ XL2024T
    Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow ultimate 2013
    Mouse: My beloved and trusted mx518!

* User was infracted for posting images in excess of 800px in width.
    I think you need more monitors/better desk

Perfect setup imo. One awesome monitor for gaming and one for other shit.
    Desktop: i7 6700k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 1080ti Gaming X | EVGA Classified K | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V @ 3200MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) Micron 2TB SSD (Games) | Seasonic 750W Titanium | Corsair 750D | Acer x34 Predator Benq PD3200U
    HIDevolution NP9877 Laptop: Delidded i7 8700k @ 4.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 1080 | 16GB G.Skill @ 2946MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) 2x 500GB SSDs (Games) | 1440p 120HZ GSync Display

10+ Year Old Account

Got my HAF 912 and Corsair TX650 today.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    lol thats the same case i have
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Deleted
    we all love boxes.

was a real tight fit to make get em in there.

the interior snake nest (argh how i hate non modulair now)

close-up of how tight the clearing between card and hdd cage is +- 0,5cm

running benches as we speak and lets hope i can get them at a stable 1200+ clock

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    we all love boxes.
    the interior snake nest (argh how i hate non modulair now)
    What you really should do is move the SSD up with the HDD and use that bottom drive bay as a place to store your excess cables. It's kind of sad though that you spent so much on graphics cards and have such a sub-par PSU in comparison.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    What you really should do is move the SSD up with the HDD and use that bottom drive bay as a place to store your excess cables. It's kind of sad though that you spent so much on graphics cards and have such a sub-par PSU in comparison.
    i know but i find it kinda silly to replace the PSU just for that.
    besides i'd also pick a new case for my next full new build in order to make sure i can even do some proper cable management.
    also i must say so far not that impressed with the coolers on the cards. even with 100% fan im hitting 74 degrees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    i know but i find it kinda silly to replace the PSU just for that.
    besides i'd also pick a new case for my next full new build in order to make sure i can even do some proper cable management.
    also i must say so far not that impressed with the coolers on the cards. even with 100% fan im hitting 74 degrees.
    True.. I actually understand fully haha.

The reason 3rd party heatsinks haven't actually improved much is because of GPU Boost 2.0. In my understanding that since it's temperature based it is actually more aggressive than 1.0 and tries to push the GPU's clock and voltages more if the temperatures allow it. Basically from what I've read it simply pushes the GPU to its maximum allowed boost clock and voltage at an attempt to get to 80C and then it attempts to regulate the clock speed and voltage to keep it as close to 80C as possible.

Possibly if you look through this thread here you may be able to find a vbios for your Gigabytes that has GPU Boost 2.0 and thermal throttling disabled. Could prove to increase overall performance too since it'll be at a fixed clock speed.
    Last edited by Saithes; 2013-06-13 at 09:58 AM.