10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BattleHawk View Post
    Subjectively they all seem to run well with the occasional framerate dip in dishonored and crysis 2.
    Ehh... they all run at 20/30 fps. I'd not label that as "run well", but i guess that depends on your expectations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Ehh... they all run at 20/30 fps. I'd not label that as "run well", but i guess that depends on your expectations.
    Well dishonoured and deus ex seem to be capped at 30 and I probably should turn the settings down a bit on crysis 2 and borderlands 2 a bit.

But I am fine with 30 fps, I've never really noticed a difference between 30 and 60 fps (that said I never looked too hard for one either), it generally isn't until things start to drop below 20-25 that I start to see problems. (probably getting off topic now, might continue this elsewhere).

--Edit-- (Just made a new thread on the subject here.)
    Last edited by mmoccbc7db64cc; 2013-08-22 at 12:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turn off vsync. That 30cap sounds like vsync to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the chair for Christmas about 7 years ago, I'm not sure the name, but I'm pretty sure they got it at Costco. I don't think they sell it anymore.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    @post above. Small disagreement with the priorities. I'd say Monitor > GPU. What's the benefit of extra graphical settings if your image is already of subpar quality.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    @post above. Small disagreement with the priorities. I'd say Monitor > GPU. What's the benefit of extra graphical settings if your image is already of subpar quality.
    He already has one 1440p IPS display.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    He already has one 1440p IPS display.
    Aha, it was specific to him, not generally speaking. Then i've said nothing.
    Also, EVGA's ACX cooler isn't that great. ASUS' new design works allot better.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally though, if one is already on 1080p, even a lower quality TN panel like my Acer, I'd still like a stronger GPU, as my 560 Ti is showing its age.

Not to mention it is kinda dying now, too. :'(
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    - - - - - -
    Yeah, I never thought that smart and considerate build with only one mid-range card ever really fit to you. ^^ It was almost like you had a budget..

How are you planning on running those SSD's? Why is it either 4 drives or 2 drives (why not 3)?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mobo: ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3
    CPU: i5-2500k
    RAM: G.SKILL 1666mhz 2x4GB
    GPU: GTX560 - My 780 is being shipped currently
    SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
    Monitors: Dell 24", Acer 22" x2
    Tower: NZXT Switch 810
    PSU: OCZ 750W
    Sound Card: SoundBlaster XtremeAudio or something, some cheap shit, forget the name of it

I really want to go 1440p, but I don't trust eBay sellers for them cheap 1440p monitors at all =/. System is complete shit so whatever, I've given up on upgrading it right now as I got no money and every cent I get goes towards other things.

Deleted
    I'm confused, GTX 780 + i5-2500k + SSD etc. is shitty? Get 1440p to utilize your GTX 780. There are some trusted sellers on Ebay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlVbGcv0g-g

10+ Year Old Account
    Aha, it was specific to him, not generally speaking. Then i've said nothing.
    Also, EVGA's ACX cooler isn't that great. ASUS' new design works allot better.
    yes but dat customer service difference, asus new design can make me a sandwich too, im still not buying one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    yes but dat customer service difference, asus new design can make me a sandwich too, im still not buying one
    Isn't that usually dealt with by the webshop anyway. If that's the only reason, it's a pretty weak one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mercs213 View Post
    I'd rather buy a card from eVGA as they do have excellent customer service than a card that preforms what, 3 - 4 degrees better cooling wise? The new ACX cooling is excellent to, having owned one.
    Having never even used a specific customer serivce in about 10years of custom building pc's. This is the least of my priorities. From a personal standpoint, i still think it's a weak argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know EVGA has a good customer support, but i don't recall ASUS having a particularly poor one either. Then again, i've got little experience with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have always had amazing support by asus in my RMA's. If someones support is bad, you got XFX.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Having never even used a specific customer serivce in about 10years of custom building pc's. This is the least of my priorities. From a personal standpoint, i still think it's a weak argument.
    If your Asus card dies after 3 years, you're screwed because your warranty expired 12 months ago. If your EVGA card dies after 3 years they'll send you a new one (or the closest corresponding card if it is out of stock/production).

Deleted
    Alright guys, this isn't the thread for warranty discussion! Take it elsewhere please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't that usually dealt with by the webshop anyway. If that's the only reason, it's a pretty weak one.
    webshop? maybe in certain parts of the world, not here in the US, an OEM offers support, but a reseller (webshop, or actual store) doesn't have to do squat after their return policy expires (if they even have one)

the reseller will simply tell you to contact Asus, who will then tell you that it's the reseller's responsibility, leaving you with a faulty product and nobody willing to support it

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    I'm confused, GTX 780 + i5-2500k + SSD etc. is shitty? Get 1440p to utilize your GTX 780. There are some trusted sellers on Ebay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlVbGcv0g-g
    That's my plan. And thanks for the youtube link of that 1440p monitor. May just have to get that one.

I still think my system is shitty though, only an i5 in it