1. #11841
    I am Murloc! Cyanotical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,545
    my brother's X79 Dark came in, i can't wait till ivy-e to order one for myself,


    the NH-D14 does fit:



  2. #11842
    That is one heck of a sexy motherboard, Cyan.
    Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951PRO nVME 512GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic X850

    Former author of the TankSpot.com Protection Paladin guide

  3. #11843
    i just placed my pre-order for the red harbringer desk!!!

    http://www.redharbinger.com/product/...k/#prettyPhoto

    http://www.redharbinger.com/product/...n-cross-desk/#

    i cant wait here is the computer that's going in it, as i just got a bonus at work im geeking out and going all out on this build as my wife has told me its the last build for 5 years

    cpu -i7 3970x
    mobo - asus rampage iv extreme
    ram - 64g ddr3-2133 corsair dominator platinum or ripjaws z series have not made a decision yet
    gpu - 2x asus titans
    ssd - 4x samsung 840 pro 512g 2x in raid 0 and 2 separate
    hdd - 2x caviar black 1tb in raid 0 -fraps drive + misc storage for work files*
    power - evga nex1500w - fully sleeved *mdpc sleeving*
    os - windows 8 pro oem 64bit of course
    sound card - asus xonar essence STX

    cpu/mobo/both gpus will all be water cooled on 2x separate loops

    i have not come up with a color scheme yet and open to ideas

    cyan/xuvial/deltrus i welcome you guys feedback, cyan do i wait for ivy-e? what are your thoughts?

  4. #11844
    Quote Originally Posted by Flcrewpolo View Post
    cyan/xuvial/deltrus i welcome you guys feedback, cyan do i wait for ivy-e? what are your thoughts?
    Launch is supposed to be like the day after tomorrow together with haswell i3's, I'd say why not.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

    i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

  5. #11845
    Quote Originally Posted by Flcrewpolo View Post
    i just placed my pre-order for the red harbringer desk!!!

    http://www.redharbinger.com/product/...k/#prettyPhoto

    http://www.redharbinger.com/product/...n-cross-desk/#

    i cant wait here is the computer that's going in it, as i just got a bonus at work im geeking out and going all out on this build as my wife has told me its the last build for 5 years

    cpu -i7 3970x
    mobo - asus rampage iv extreme
    ram - 64g ddr3-2133 corsair dominator platinum or ripjaws z series have not made a decision yet
    gpu - 2x asus titans
    ssd - 4x samsung 840 pro 512g 2x in raid 0 and 2 separate
    hdd - 2x caviar black 1tb in raid 0 -fraps drive + misc storage for work files*
    power - evga nex1500w - fully sleeved *mdpc sleeving*
    os - windows 8 pro oem 64bit of course
    sound card - asus xonar essence STX

    cpu/mobo/both gpus will all be water cooled on 2x separate loops

    i have not come up with a color scheme yet and open to ideas

    cyan/xuvial/deltrus i welcome you guys feedback, cyan do i wait for ivy-e? what are your thoughts?
    waste of money and IB-E comes out in about 10 days

  6. #11846
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    waste of money and IB-E comes out in about 10 days
    When you're not only buying hardware, but also desks to contain it, you're past the "I'm buying because I need it" and far into the enthusiast range. Nothing strange about that.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

    i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

  7. #11847
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    When you're not only buying hardware, but also desks to contain it, you're past the "I'm buying because I need it" and far into the enthusiast range. Nothing strange about that.
    exactly its not a matter of money, yes i know the build is overkill. HELL half the build is over kill, thats not the point. I know how stable sandy-e is but i have not had time to read up on ivy-e like i should

  8. #11848
    I am Murloc! Cyanotical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Flcrewpolo View Post
    exactly its not a matter of money, yes i know the build is overkill. HELL half the build is over kill, thats not the point. I know how stable sandy-e is but i have not had time to read up on ivy-e like i should
    IB-E for the most part has native PCIe3, and a better memory controller, it should have all of the advantages of IB and none of the TIM problems

    personally i will be going for the 4930K

  9. #11849
    thanks for the input like i said i havnt had time to read up at all on it

  10. #11850
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    IB-E for the most part has native PCIe3, and a better memory controller, it should have all of the advantages of IB and none of the TIM problems

    personally i will be going for the 4930K
    Well you can have PCIe3 with SBE..

  11. #11851
    I am Murloc! Cyanotical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Well you can have PCIe3 with SBE..
    only on motherboards with a 3rd party chipset, native support is better obviously

  12. #11852
    TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    tetrisGOAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    13,800
    This is, again, not a thread asking for feedback or advice on what you want to build. Create a separate thread for that.

  13. #11853
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    only on motherboards with a 3rd party chipset, native support is better obviously
    A 3rd party chipset would be a plx adding lanes, no? But there's no such thing on a RIVE but on a MVE you have. I posted a while ago a screenshot where I pushed 3.0 x16 on my 2600K, it just basically added 16 lanes making it a pci express 2.0 x32 or 3.0 x16. 8GT/s is the speed of PCIE3.0, right? According to this datasheet of Intel at 1.2.2, it says 40 lanes running at 8GT/s. I don't think theyre going to mention specs of a 3rd party chipset such as a PLX in their datasheet.

    By default AMD just supports 3.0 while Nvidia on the other hand is by default at 2.0 because it wasn't certified as 3.0. Intel didnt really mention anything of being capable of 3.0 but they just advertised it as 2.0. Also there were some issues but after a bios update it was fixed, might have been another reason why nvidia waited so long to bring the patch out.

  14. #11854
    Old God
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    10,496
    Picked up a Gigabyte GTX 760 today

    And I replaced the fans in my Silverstone Grandia with Cougar Turbine 120mm fans, since NCIX had the 4 pack on sale. These things are pretty damn quite and move a crap load of air. Also, I snagged a Noctua NH-C12P SE14 cooler and everything seems to be working at the moment, just setting up the display drivers for my new card.

    Congrats to the 11 fools who made the ignore list, your ignorance knows no bounds, bravo!

  15. #11855




    - Xigmatek Asgard 381 ATX
    - AMD Athlon II 750K
    - Dynatron G950
    - 8GB AMD Entertainment Edition DDR3-1333
    - ECS A55F2-M3 mATX
    - Corsair CX430M
    - Visiontek 6770
    - 80GB Western Digital Velociraptor

    Total Spent: $302

    - Mod/Smart Kobra SS Extensions
    - 500GB Western Digital Green

    Total with Additions: $362

  16. #11856
    That is one heck of a huge chunk of aluminium cooling your CPU right there
    Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951PRO nVME 512GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic X850

    Former author of the TankSpot.com Protection Paladin guide

  17. #11857
    Old God
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    10,496
    Seems like you have wasted space in that case jmt, but it is nice and organized.

    Congrats to the 11 fools who made the ignore list, your ignorance knows no bounds, bravo!

  18. #11858
    It's got a 1 GHz OC on it (3.4 -> 4.4).

    - - - Updated - - -

    You should see my Prodigy.

  19. #11859
    Dreadlord Beergod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt View Post

    - Xigmatek Asgard 381 ATX
    - AMD Athlon II 750K
    - Dynatron G950
    - 8GB AMD Entertainment Edition DDR3-1333
    - ECS A55F2-M3 mATX
    - Corsair CX430M
    - Visiontek 6770
    - 80GB Western Digital Velociraptor

    Total Spent: $302

    - Mod/Smart Kobra SS Extensions
    - 500GB Western Digital Green

    Total with Additions: $362
    How is that RAM? Good?
    I'm in love with my car.

  20. #11860
    Yeah, I figured it had to do with that. I just did a quick look around for the 1 TB drives (m500/840 EVO) and both seem to be in stock in just about every store.
    As a follow up: I got pretty excited when I received a package this week but it turns out it wasn't SSDs at all.

    They haven't shipped and I'm going to cancel my order in the morning. I'm going to try and have family that are visiting the US pick a couple up from a Microcenter or something while they're there.

    The retail price on Amazon has increased by about $220 from when I ordered too (not that it matters, but I saw the same thing with the Crucial disks and it leads me to suspect another paper launch).
    Last edited by evn; 2013-09-02 at 03:06 AM. Reason: added amazon link

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •