10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8Tripa View Post
    Do people who compliment your rig receive candy? :P
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    @Str8Tripa

You put an 8350 in a 900D and having it try to control THREE 7970s?

Bottlenecking and misallocation of resources galore
    Gaming Rig: CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.5Ghz | CPU Cooler: H100i | Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: 2x4GB 1600MHz |GPU: GTX 780 | PSU: Corsair TX750M | Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker | SSD1 (Boot drive): 120GB Kingston | SSD2: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 1TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Black) | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Audio: Razer Tiamat 7.1 | Monitor: LG IPS234 (1920x1080)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripox View Post
    @Str8Tripa

You put an 8350 in a 900D and having it try to control THREE 7970s?

Bottlenecking and misallocation of resources galore
    If he plays mantle games he won't have to worry about it ^^
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    If he plays mantle games he won't have to worry about it ^^
    We haven't even seen Mantle (at least I don't think so) in real-world. Battlefield 4 was supposed to get it in December and it didn't.

Also, I could be wrong, but isn't mantle just for the GPU? How would that matter if the 8350 is a bottleneck?

Additionally, my understanding of Mantle is an easier way for developers to access low-level API coding and optimizations to graphics cards, allowing for games to get more out of the cards.

If my understanding is correct, mantle is irrelevant with my statements that
    1) I find it silly to put a budget option like the 8350 into a case that costs 65% more than the CPU.
    2) The CPU is bottlenecking three high-end graphics cards
    Gaming Rig: CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.5Ghz | CPU Cooler: H100i | Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: 2x4GB 1600MHz |GPU: GTX 780 | PSU: Corsair TX750M | Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker | SSD1 (Boot drive): 120GB Kingston | SSD2: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 1TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Black) | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Audio: Razer Tiamat 7.1 | Monitor: LG IPS234 (1920x1080)

10+ Year Old Account
    Mantle makes CPU's (Intel & AMD) not matter that much when paired with more than 1 graphics card to my understanding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mantle makes CPU's (Intel & AMD) not matter that much when paired with more than 1 graphics card to my understanding.
    I don't see it happening in multiplayer. And mantle is still nothing short of PR, nothing actually has been delivered yet. Though i must admit, it did probably increase their sales. Delaying the launch on the false premise that Mantle will be huge, might just be more profitable than actually launching it on christmas.

1 word. Shadowplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    1 word. Shadowplay.
    What does shadowplay have to do with anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    What does shadowplay have to do with anything?
    Because this actually works. I just wonder why people keep bringing up Mantle as an argument or justification to buy AMD hardware, when it has absolutely nothing to show for it. When nvidia's recently launched software technologies (nvidia experience, shadowplay, g-sync) are working fine (though agreed, g-sync will be a tough sell. But that's mainly due to ignorance on the subject). It just makes no sense bringing it up everytime when they are in contrast with these technologies.

But we digress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because this actually works. I just wonder why people keep bringing up Mantle as an argument or justification to buy AMD hardware, when it has absolutely nothing to show for it. When nvidia's recently launched software technologies (nvidia experience, shadowplay, g-sync) are working fine (though agreed, g-sync will be a tough sell. But that's mainly due to ignorance on the subject). It just makes no sense bringing it up everytime when they are in contrast with these technologies.

But we digress.
    Geforce experience is no selling point, ever. AMD has raptr which isn't a selling point either.
    Shadowplay is amazing, If people decide to stream or record.

Mantle wouldn't be accepted by 4 major engines If it wasn't worthwhile, saying that doesn't make any sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mantle wouldn't be accepted by 4 major engines If it wasn't worthwhile, saying that doesn't make any sense.
    I'm sorry but.. just because AMD's PR convinced others, does not make the technology proven before it's even launched. I just want to reserve "mantle" as an argument post-launch, and not before.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but.. just because AMD's PR convinced others, does not make the technology proven before it's even launched. I just want to reserve "mantle" as an argument post-launch, and not before.
    So you're saying they adopted mantle without knowing how it runs? You do know mantle have been tested for over a year? Developers aren't stupid, they wouldn't bother with another API if it wasn't worthwhile. Fair enough that you wanna withhold your opinion of mantle, but saying that mantle wont be huge before seeing the results is odd. I for one welcome mantle, It's the best thing to happen to PC gamers in a long time, even If results aren't remarkable at the start, they can only get better.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the best thing to happen to PC gamers in a long time
    Meh. So there will be more strain on graphical fidelity now that we have extra potentional computational power?
    I find that the AAA-gaming products are stagnant at best. The "mantle" technology is interesting, but it's in an area i find the least bit important right now when the AAA-gaming industry is pumping out sequel after sequel of the same safe/focustested shit. So i'm not really with you when you say it's the best thing to happen in a long time. I think crowdfunding beats it by miles.

Deleted
    extra performance is the least most important area?
    when games are made, how good they are is subjective, performance isnt, its quantifiable and such a clear result can be given.

i personally think skyrim is rubbish on its own without mods, some people think its amazing, subjective is subjective, but they all agree they extra performance is nice.

I've seen in all my games my cards being bottlenecked by my cpu and I really don't believe Mantle is going to make a difference. I rather would love to see a Broadwell 6.5GHz@1.2V cpu than Mantle.

This.
    3930K@NH-U12s | Asus R4E | 16GB (4x4GB 1600MHz) Dominator Platinum | 2x Asus gtx 780 DC2OC SLI | Evga Supernova 1000 P2 | S27A750D

Deleted
    thats all of your games, please share with us what they are lol, even you know games will use diff aspects of hardware differently, also im sure i read somewhere mantle also uses the cpu bit more efficiently as well, not just the gpu, at least according to the dev conference, granted what they spoke of is beyond my grasp of the area.

also sorry for going off topic,

bottom line, some improvement is better then nothing, i like my hardware that ive purchased to be used well, not pathetically

Deleted
    Wasn't the whole point of mantle so that devs could much more easily port games from consoles to PC and not get fucked over like we have in the past? Let's be fair, if you aren't getting a respectable FPS in a game you actually wanna play, you upgrade. With the only game being BF4 that I know will support mantle, and I run on a pretty mid-specced PC, people should not be needing the FPS increase (if any) there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Wasn't the whole point of mantle so that devs could much more easily port games from consoles to PC and not get fucked over like we have in the past? Let's be fair, if you aren't getting a respectable FPS in a game you actually wanna play, you upgrade. With the only game being BF4 that I know will support mantle, and I run on a pretty mid-specced PC, people should not be needing the FPS increase (if any) there.
    Thats the point, screw BF4.. It's already perfectly optimized for PC.
    Too many console ports need some love.

[IMG][/IMG]

What you guys fail to see with game design evolving, is games are currently being optimised to utilize single core/dual core with some exceptions. Hyper threading excels in cpu heavy games but we are reaching a turning point in the way games are being made/utilized. I don't know about you guys but when I build a system I don't only consider cpu cost and performance but game architecture as a basis for my choices.

Turning yourself into a fanboy is not a good decision when It comes to building computers. don't cry bottleneck when you see my computer, because you didn't tweak, build or configure my system.

- - - Updated - - -

This true assuming the cpu is not overclocked remember the 8350 in the tests is clocked at 4.0-4.2Ghz not 4.6-4.7Ghz!

Quote Originally Posted by Str8Tripa View Post
    What you guys fail to see with game design evolving, is games are currently being optimised to utilize single core/dual core with some exceptions. Hyper threading excels in cpu heavy games but we are reaching a turning point in the way games are being made/utilized. I don't know about you guys but when I build a system I don't only consider cpu cost and performance but game architecture as a basis for my choices.

Turning yourself into a fanboy is not a good decision when It comes to building computers. don't cry bottleneck when you see my computer, because you didn't tweak, build or configure my system.

- - - Updated - - -

This true assuming the cpu is not overclocked remember the 8350 in the tests is clocked at 4.0-4.2Ghz not 4.6-4.7Ghz!
    It's not that AMD chips can't game well, it's that every single game available performs better on an Intel chip. I can't recall even one example of AMD topping Intel in a gaming benchmark.

The only time AMD makes sense is when you're in the super low budget zone (or for workstation purposes), otherwise buying AMD right now makes no sense. Gimping your system for no apparent reason.
    Last edited by glo; 2013-12-26 at 01:26 AM.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics