Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    @Canyouweed, what cooler you had before and how much difference does it have at idle and load?
    I had some crappy LC Power, one rad 4 heatpipes, the CPU is cooler now @ 4Ghz, than it was with the old cooler, @ 3.4 Ghz.

Idle-ing @ 37-40 C, but it is very hot in Serbia atm.

Not much performance, i mean, it is a good cooler, but it looks way better, than it performs, as I will probably not go over 4Ghz, i got it more for its looks

While its idle-ing, the cooler RPM is around 230...

Just tested it with prime95, the cooler doesnt go above 1.1k RPM, and then it lowers it to 800 or so, max temp 70-71, wonder what would happen if i max its rpm using AI suite.

Usually around 65-67 while running prime 95, even as low as 64, at some points.

One strange thing, AI suite Thermal radar says CPU 33C, and HW Monitor says 40...
    Last edited by Ohmygonzo; 2014-07-10 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduro View Post

Well I kindof have a computer already so it was a nice addition
    Ya I am thinking of getting one might wait a bit for the price to drop. Was planning on getting it for photo editing instead of having 2 monitors side by side to multi task when editing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    Ya I am thinking of getting one might wait a bit for the price to drop. Was planning on getting it for photo editing instead of having 2 monitors side by side to multi task when editing.
    Sounds like a perfect plan for that. I haven't even done any color correctioning yet and just using the factory settings it looks great
    I just need a bigger desk so I can put my old monitor next to it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Well i am in Greece and in general haven't seen it used much here either, it costs around 50euros atm. I guess you've been happy with it so far since you still got it?
    Yeah, it was around 40 euros for me. In terms of performance sits between CM 212 EVO and NH-D14.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    So apparently I need a new motherboard....again. Stupid MSI makes shitty products. It's not cost effective to buy another Z79 1155 board so I am going to get an Asus Sabertooth Mark 2 LGA 1150 Z97 board and an i7 4790K in the next while. I just sold my GTX 760 so I will pick up the board in a couple of weeks and the processor after that. Overtime at work will justify the investment while still allowing me to put away my usual savings. Pondering whether I should get a new case as well. No point in having multiple SATA 3 drives and only 2 ports plus my new R9 290 isn't running in PCIe 3.0 mode. Might as well upgrade and use my hardware to it's fullest now. The USB3 header is dead on my current board and a few of the USB ports are fried which I need.

I am also planning on replacing the Wind force cooler on my card with the NZXT Kraken setup, 75 degrees on load is rough on my room temperature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I am also planning on replacing the Wind force cooler on my card with the NZXT Kraken setup, 75 degrees on load is rough on my room temperature.
    It'll still produce the same amount of energy, you won't notice a difference in room temp.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Updated photos of my setup.
    Awaiting a laptop (G750JZ) for my mobile needs aswell, hopefully coming tomorrow

PC:
    Corsair Carbide Air 540 with Corsair Quiet edition fans.
    Corsair h100i cpu cooler with Corsair Quiet edition fans.
    Corsair AX760i Platinum PSU with red sleeved cables
    Asus Maximus V Formula motherboard
    Intel Core i5 3570k at 4,4Ghz atm
    16Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 1600mhz
    Asus Geforce GTX 780Ti
    Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb SSD
    OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD
    1,5TB HDD

Avid Fast Track Solo Soundcard
    sE X1 Studio mic
    Logitech g710+
    Logitech g602 mouse
    Razer Goliathus Control
    Corsair sp2500
    Bowers & Wilkins P7 headset
    BenQ 2411z 144hz
    BenQ G2420HD
    Last edited by Freddiee; 2014-07-15 at 02:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid with Cherry MX Blues
    KBT Race II with Cherry MX Reds
    KBT Poker II with Cherry MX Reds

More Pictures.

Deleted
    Nice product placement (C9)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Nice product placement (C9)
    Hmm, wonder how that got there...

I'm on an 18.4" Clevo P180HM (Malibal) laptop, i7 sandy bridge (2760QM I think), 8GB ram, single GTX 560M video card, 128GB SSD for system and WoW (with a 1TB for large data). So far, still fine for raiding, we'll see in WoD with the new models. Usually I upgrade every 2 years, this one will see at least 3, so I'm pretty happy about that.

I use a Logitech G710+ (cherry brown switches), which just goes on top of the laptop's keyboard, and a logitech trackman marble trackball.

Usually have the whole setup on a lap desk (ie a rectangular sheet of nicely finished plywood), but the cool part is it doesn't really matter where I am, all I need is internet and power and I'm good.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    It'll still produce the same amount of energy, you won't notice a difference in room temp.
    That's not what I have been reading. Apparently the NZXT Kraken setup runs about 20 degrees cooler while not sounding like a jet engine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    That's not what I have been reading. Apparently the NZXT Kraken setup runs about 20 degrees cooler while not sounding like a jet engine.
    Yes, the graphics card will run cooler and quieter. It is more effective at transfering heat from your graphics card to your room.

It won't make your room cooler.

Deleted

Case that we crafted with my friend. Made from solid oak and Hi-Macs solid surface material.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    How are you going to possibly cool that thing?
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Custom watercooling I suppose would be one way, but then you'd need to put that somewhere so the point in this "case" seems rather odd But good job

Also from the looks of it, there seems to be fans going down below the case, guessing he won't keep anything else underneath it

Deleted
    There are fans on the front corners as you can see on the last picture. That "thing" keeps itself pretty cool even on long periods of playing.

This computer is on his living room, on a tv table.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleficarum View Post
    There are fans on the front corners as you can see on the last picture. That "thing" keeps itself pretty cool even on long periods of playing.

This computer is on his living room, on a tv table.
    Oooooo I like it! Can we get a closeup of how you have rigged the video card? From what I can tell you used a PCI E cable right, to offset the GPU?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Oooooo I like it! Can we get a closeup of how you have rigged the video card? From what I can tell you used a PCI E cable right, to offset the GPU?
    Im going to visit my friend next week so I can take more pictures for you. Not quite sure how the gpu was installed, it's been over a year when we made that "thing". But I get back to you when I got some more pictures and details.

I wanna see more as well, that thing is downright sexy. Would love to be able to slap one together myself
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.