The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Good thing modular PSU connections are universal?

...They are universal, right? D:
    Nooooooope. Wouldn't want to risk it, anyways.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Only universal when you get to the component-side. PSU side it can anything between heaven and hell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    According to pcpartpicker it's compatible.
    pcpartpicker is wrong I did point it out to MonsieuRoberts a few days ago. It will still be a problem cause you can't fit most good aftermarket cooler. Its not a cpu cooler problem but the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    pcpartpicker is wrong I did point it out to MonsieuRoberts a few days ago. It will still be a problem cause you can't fit most good aftermarket cooler. Its not a cpu cooler problem but the case.
    If Corsair can't get the measurements right then that's on them. The Hyper 212 Evo is not by any means a 'big' cooler, if it can't fit, then suffice to say most coolers won't.

I'm really losing all of the respect I once had for Corsair. It's like they were taking steps forward, lately they have only been taking steps backwards, twice as fast.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I'm really losing all of the respect I once had for Corsair. It's like they were taking steps forward, lately they have only been taking steps backwards, twice as fast.
    i stopped buying their stuff after i got those two k70s, lately they've been more about offering colors and parts that look cool rather than high quality, my friend just got done with a side by side xfer of a system from a 800d to a 900d and said similar, he was kinda disgusted at how poor the supposed replacement was in quality

Deleted
    If Corsair can't get the measurements right then that's on them. The Hyper 212 Evo is not by any means a 'big' cooler, if it can't fit, then suffice to say most coolers won't.

Not really sure how this is on Corsair. Specs on Corsair website shows Maximum CPU Cooler Height 157mm, EVO 212 on CM website shows it's height as 159mm. Partpicker doesn't have all the correct info, for example it shows different Maximum CPU Cooler Height for spec 01-02-03 when in fact they're all the same.

159mm isn't exactly small and there are plenty of budget range cases that don't support it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, Cyanotical. I have not bought anything from Corsair in actually a couple years now, believe it or not. Last thing I bought from them was the M90 mouse waaayyyyy back in August 2012... and I think you may recall how that turned out, even after I sent it in for RMA and got a new one sent back to me. Fuck electric shocks and random mouse-turn offs that actually have nothing to do with the USB port. The Death Adder continued to serve me well (lasting a whopping near 6 years before still working but alas being replaced by the SS Sensei RAW) and never had any of the same issues, nor has the Sensei now.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Not really sure how this is on Corsair. Specs on Corsair website shows Maximum CPU Cooler Height 157mm, EVO 212 on CM website shows it's height as 159mm. Partpicker doesn't have all the correct info, for example it shows different Maximum CPU Cooler Height for spec 01-02-03 when in fact they're all the same.

159mm isn't exactly small and there are plenty of budget range cases that don't support it.

There's no reason Corsair shouldn't make sure the case fits one of the most popular cheap, but efficiently amazing heatsinks on the market. And fuck! It's a 2mm difference! They could have adjusted for that, I think it's completely their fault for overlooking such a popular product (the 212).
    "A flower.

Deleted
    There's no reason Corsair shouldn't make sure the case fits one of the most popular cheap, but efficiently amazing heatsinks on the market. And fuck! It's a 2mm difference! They could have adjusted for that, I think it's completely their fault for overlooking such a popular product (the 212).
    Actually I'm sure there is a perfectly valid reason but only Corsair knows. Considering they don't make air coolers anymore it's not surprising as their AIO will fit just fine, seems more like a smart business decision to me. Oh and also EVO 212 isn't the end all be all.

10+ Year Old Account
    So which should I grab instead? Lucky for me the cheapest part is the one I have to replace due to my negligence.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Love the reflection on the table XD
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Voisier View Post
    Tempted to put some LEDS behind it either red or ice white / icy blue to match my PCs LEDs (im colour blind i think my pcs LEDs are white?)
    White lights in general would be a good idea - having lamps or proper light source behind the monitor is probably the best idea; I used to have a table lamp behind each side of the monitor previously. Was a lot easier on the eyes and not annoying me with being too bright.

And yea, your case fans are white. Some cameras show them up more as blue, however the eyes do not catch this IRL.

How about something different today.

This is my old R528 laptop. It serves me truthfuly 4 years now, and in return i care about it as much as i can. It is not the same cheap and budget laptop as it was in 2011 - the screen replaced with great LG IPS panel, in fact the only ips panel it could ever fit. That cost like 50 bucks for awesome display - i really wonder why only premium laptops have this by default today.
    Next, i added sweet 6gb RAM, changed wireless from shitty G to 300mbs N + bluetooth. Although bluetooth doesn't work for some reason, probably due to lack of physical switch, whatever.
    Chinese are great people producing cheap 15$ HDD caddy, so i bought that and now it has 120 Crucial SSD + 1tb HDD instead of dvd-rw - seriously why bother using disks?
    Last change i made - when i was cleaning the internals i decided to upgrade old and slow Pentium T4400 with C2D P8800 - for 25 bucks that was ano-brainer.

It is still pretty solid laptop, better than any budget 2014 laptop with beautiful screen, fast ssd and hdd and keyboard i really love - it is awesome.

Nowadays there are some really usefull apps, so when i need raw power - i just stream my desktop PC via Splashtop or Steam - it works fast, reliably and i am very happy with this setup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anb View Post

Is that a Lego house with lights? o.O

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz | Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600Hz | Gigabyte GTX 580 Superclocked Edition SLI | Lian-Li PC-P50WB | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (raid0) | Corsair RM-1000 80+ Gold | Corsair H60, 2x BitFenix Spectre Pro P/P config

10+ Year Old Account
    That totally is... awesome!
    "A flower.

Yeah, serves as a nightlight

I just got an AMD 6950, it's not the greatest card but compared to the 4870 I was using, it is amazing to me.

Also Linux AMD drivers can pound sand.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    I just got an AMD 6950, it's not the greatest card but compared to the 4870 I was using, it is amazing to me.

Also Linux AMD drivers can pound sand.
    Congratulations!
    If it's the greatest to you, it's the greatest to us!

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Congratulations!
    If it's the greatest to you, it's the greatest to us!
    yeah it's definitely the best card I've owned in my life. also my highest lines in tetris is 118. I still play the NES version. i can never get 120 lines rawrrr

New pc up and running. Still have a few things to do (fans mostly) but the loop is done and working.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    New pc up and running. Still have a few things to do (fans mostly) but the loop is done and working.
    impressive