Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    New pc up and running. Still have a few things to do (fans mostly) but the loop is done and working.
    You're not putting your video cards in the loop?
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    You're not putting your video cards in the loop?
    I have a pair of EK acetal nickel blocks on the way but they won't be here till the end of the month, I'm way too impatient to have the cards sit there for that long not being used. They'll be easy to add to the loop and I wanted to test out the 980's on air. Partly to test for faults and partly due to curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    I have a pair of EK acetal nickel blocks on the way but they won't be here till the end of the month, I'm way too impatient to have the cards sit there for that long not being used. They'll be easy to add to the loop and I wanted to test out the 980's on air. Partly to test for faults and partly due to curiosity.
    I would LOVE to see some results, since im ordering my second 980 in november or so.
    Fractal Design R5 |MSI Z87-G45 | i5 4690k @4.6Ghz | Noctua NH-D15 | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1866 | MSI 980ti G6 |
    XFX 850W | WD Black 1TB | Samsung Evo 850 1TB | Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD x 2 | Intel 180GB SSD | Rog Swift

Deleted
    I got myself an Alienware!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    I got myself an Alienware!
    lol, Would still buy that before an actual Alienware.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://i.imgur.com/7coXkpj.jpg

Changed my screens up, three 1440p running at 96Hz (couldn't quite manage triple screen at 120Hz overclock unfortunately).

Edit: Oh god too big.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Ordered a MSI GTX 980 non-reference should be here monday, I'm excited to play with my new toy lol! Need to sell off my 290x as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fierae View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/7coXkpj.jpg

Changed my screens up, three 1440p running at 96Hz (couldn't quite manage triple screen at 120Hz overclock unfortunately).

Edit: Oh god too big.
    Overclocking IPS? What's that signed World of warcraft thingie on the wall? An old realm server?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Overclocking IPS? What's that signed World of warcraft thingie on the wall? An old realm server?
    Yes! It's Genjuros EU!

And yep, the Qnix monitors can overclock, most non SE models can reach 120Hz, but some people say that's bad for them, mine run at 96Hz which is well below the PCB's limit. Easy to do with newer nVidia cards, slightly harder with AMD but still no more difficult than overclocking a GPU.
    Digital Rumination
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Deleted
    Yes! It's Genjuros EU!

And yep, the Qnix monitors can overclock, most non SE models can reach 120Hz, but some people say that's bad for them, mine run at 96Hz which is well below the PCB's limit. Easy to do with newer nVidia cards, slightly harder with AMD but still no more difficult than overclocking a GPU.
    Does it still work? Bad IQ can't see if it has all parts in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has everything but the power supply and the hard drives, so if one were to get some drives, install a wow server on them, then yes, it would work just fine!
    Digital Rumination

10+ Year Old Account
    It has everything but the power supply and the hard drives, so if one were to get some drives, install a wow server on them, then yes, it would work just fine!
    You'd probably need adequate cooling as well, blade servers usually have external things looking like these which needs to be attached in the back behind the rack, at least those i deal with, real noisy things.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    I'd be ashamed to post a pic atm.....
    It's getting pretty old, it's dual core e8500.
    It's air cooled, had an aftermarket aluminum/copper cooler and the fan wore out. So, in the mean time until I start anew, the cooler now has a different fan and a case fan on the back of it, yah...duct tape and hemp twine hold in all together. Lol, savagely embarassing in this crowd I know...
    But the interesting part is that it's reliably running at 4g for at least four years now.
    The video card is a sad little amd 7770.
    The 4g ram is ddr2, though it is 1066.
    The power sup is 450w, can't remember what brand, it's been around so long.
    I have a killer xeno pro card from back in the day, works like a champ, does what it says on the tin.
    The mobo is an Asus p5e, and I've reflashed the bios with the rampage bios, which interestingly enough, when combined with the rest of my setup allows me to retain some decent graphic settings in wow while running three screens 3600something x 1200, and still keep frames enough to be quite playable.
    That was the win of reflashing the p5e with the rampage bios, higher performance with larger resolutions.
    It also ment I had to monkey-fuck around with several sets of drivers to make the supreme fx 2 audio card still work with surround on a 64 bit os.

By all means, it's a heap.
    But gosh it's got more grunt that the GF's newer core I3 with ddr3. Loading screens are faster, better fps, stays together in raids, lower ambient temp too.
    I do have a coolermaster cosmos se it's all wedged into.
    Despite some peoples complaints I have found it to be an excellent case, and even though it's an se, it's pretty massive and heavy.
    Yes, I'll get a new cooler for it, eventually.
    And yes, a new everything else too at some point....other than the case, cause it's sweet.
    Winter, it's my time at home, so I will possibly be changing things soon (tm)

On the side of that I have a macbook pro, it runs traktor and a kontrol s4 mk2, and that's all it does.
    I've replaced the dvd drive with a hd kit and have 2x500g ssds in it. It's fucking fast. It's tight. And does what it says on the tin.
    I dj'ed Ibiza all summer, zero issues. Not one hiccup, not once all 98 days and nights I played out this summer.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    You'd probably need adequate cooling as well, blade servers usually have external things looking like these which needs to be attached in the back behind the rack, at least those i deal with, real noisy things.

They were usually run in a well air conditioned room in a rack that likely assisted with direct air flow through all the blades in it as well.

I wonder, because WoW is heavily dependent on quick data response times, were the blades run beyond their stock clock speeds? *ponder*
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    New toys!

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    They were usually run in a well air conditioned room in a rack that likely assisted with direct air flow through all the blades in it as well.

I wonder, because WoW is heavily dependent on quick data response times, were the blades run beyond their stock clock speeds? *ponder*
    Those blades that were auctioned off (which the poster has) were from vanilla. I don't think they had to do anything crazy, the required server scripts back then were extremely simple and fewer in number than they are now, by a metric butt load.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Finally got around to purchase and install the Noctua Nh-d15

Did the slightest of OC with the EasyTune program still not sure how to do it manually as my BIOS just kept on hanging up.

And wow what a beast this cooler is, love it! Also, it does fit with my high profile rams which was the worry all along

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Eduro, which way do you have those fans? I am just curious due to it not looking like the normal way they are set up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Had to flip them around because of my ram being in the way of the other side, and I probably messed something up; I wouldn't be surprised..
    Hm now that you mention it I might have put them the wrong way, it could be that the one facing the back of my case is actually not pulling air
    Last edited by Eduro; 2014-10-12 at 03:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Quote Originally Posted by Eduro View Post
    Had to flip them around because of my ram being in the way of the other side, and I probably messed something up; I wouldn't be surprised..
    Hm now that you mention it I might have put them the wrong way, it could be that the one facing the back of my case is actually not pulling air
    Pretty sure there is an arrow on the fans marking which way the airflow goes. I would just double check that to make sure. Looks great though
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver