Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post
    Pretty sure there is an arrow on the fans marking which way the airflow goes. I would just double check that to make sure. Looks great though
    I'll have a look then, be back in 5

- - - Updated - - -

Okay so the arrows on each of the fans are directed into the tower that They are tightened to; as in they are stuck to that tower. Is this correct?

I can see from the picture that the left-most fan is correctly drawing air from the tower and exhausting. Harder to tell with the one in the middle. Is the middle one oriented the same? If yes, they are configured correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I would tend to think that that rear exhaust fan is just a waste of energy, better off taking it out. It's so close to the other fan that unless they are in perfect sync the noctua fan will just be slowing the other one down which currently provides little to no benefit at all.
    (Blow a fan at another fan, and all you get is noise (wasted energy) meaning that there is now resistance (wasted energy).
    The Noctua is close enough to the case holes that it can push air out of it on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduro View Post
    Okay so the arrows on each of the fans are directed into the tower that They are tightened to; as in they are stuck to that tower. Is this correct?
    That would indicate they are pushing air in that direction, which will interfere with the case fans situated above and behind it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I can see from the picture that the left-most fan is correctly drawing air from the tower and exhausting. Harder to tell with the one in the middle. Is the middle one oriented the same? If yes, they are configured correctly.
    It's not. You can see, on the left most fan, the inner thing that has the carving for the fan cable. Looks to me like it's just the wrong way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    It's not. You can see, on the left most fan, the inner thing that has the carving for the fan cable. Looks to me like it's just the wrong way around.
    Oh, you're right. I didn't notice those, hah. Yeah, the fans are the wrong way around then.

Okay so are they the wrong way around? They are both facing the same way, the arrow is facing the front of the case, so pulling air from the back, do I want it the other way around? I have no clue when it comes to this, I also turned off the fan in the back of the case as it didn't help anyway.
    Last edited by Eduro; 2014-10-12 at 08:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay so are they the wrong way around? They are both facing the same way, the arrow is facing the front of the case, so pulling air from the back, do I want it the other way around? I have no clue when it comes to this, I also turned off the fan in the back of the case as it didn't help anyway.
    I'd flip them around and move that fan you turned off up to the roof.

Deleted
    still a little wrong; about the "fan" being in the way of the ram that is normal and is spouse to be that way like u can see it here http://imagescdn.tweaktown.com/conte...ler_review.jpg
    This is how noctua recommend the installation http://www.kitguru.net/wp-content/up...stalled-11.jpg
    here u can see the fans http://www.modders-inc.com/wp-conten...2014/04/5d.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Khuzdul View Post
    still a little wrong; about the "fan" being in the way of the ram that is normal and is spouse to be that way like u can see it here http://imagescdn.tweaktown.com/conte...ler_review.jpg
    This is how noctua recommend the installation http://www.kitguru.net/wp-content/up...stalled-11.jpg
    here u can see the fans http://www.modders-inc.com/wp-conten...2014/04/5d.jpg
    Yeah but my high-profile memories will be in the way and I figured it'd work the other way aswell, maybe not as good, but still work. I messed up, I'll fix it tomorrow too tired at the moment

The reason why it wasn't helping was because it was taking air and blowing it out the back (ie, from right to left). Meaning that it and the cooler would be fighting for the same air. Thus swapping the fans on your cooler around (now at from left to right, after change, from right to left), would have them all trying to exhaust in the back, for instance. The fact that the fan on top is also trying to draw air from inside the case and exhausting it outside (ie, from down going up)

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    The reason why it wasn't helping was because it was taking air and blowing it out the back (ie, from right to left). Meaning that it and the cooler would be fighting for the same air. Thus swapping the fans on your cooler around (now at from left to right, after change, from right to left), would have them all trying to exhaust in the back, for instance. The fact that the fan on top is also trying to draw air from inside the case and exhausting it outside (ie, from down going up)
    Yeah I understood that, but thanks for making it clear .

Mod closed my thread and told me to post here so I'm just going to copy/paste it over.

A while ago I posted some pics in the World of Warcraft facebook group and people liked desk that I built so I decided I'll share here as well and I will post a link to the build log at the bottom of this post.

It took me about 3-4 months to build it and cost roughly 400-500usd

If anyone is interested in seeing how I built it, here's a LINK to my build log

If you have any questions feel free to ask

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of red LED to be completely honest but that's some pretty nice work, Zondorf! Kudos for self built! Is that watercooled btw? See what looks like a reservoir installed but a stock cooler on the CPU.

Just ordered a new case along with some cable extensions, backplates, and a new cooler. Will try to have pictures up this weekend, but I need to do some extensive dust removal.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2014-10-13 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Not a fan of red LED to be completely honest but that's some pretty nice work, Zondorf! Kudos for self built! Is that watercooled btw? See what looks like a reservoir installed but a stock cooler on the CPU.

Just ordered a new case along with some cable extensions, backplates, and a new cooler. Will try to have pictures up this weekend, but I need to do some extensive dust removal.
    It is indeed watercooled but I will be removing the watercooling in about 2 or so weeks, will be installing a V8 GTS air cooler along with a top of the range upgrade (Been due for an upgrade for 4 years)

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zondorf View Post
    It is indeed watercooled but I will be removing the watercooling in about 2 or so weeks, will be installing a V8 GTS air cooler along with a top of the range upgrade (Been due for an upgrade for 4 years)
    Nice, any reason you're ditching the water cooling though? Just to avoid the excess money on new waterblocks and such?

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Nice, any reason you're ditching the water cooling though? Just to avoid the excess money on new waterblocks and such?
    Indeed so, the watercooling that's currently in the build is a chopped up
    corsair H60 that I replaced the pipes and added a res to it, in South Africa it's quite expensive to build custom loops and I can't seem to find proper colored liquid so I used de-mineralized water and added food coloring to it which worked great for about 2 months but started to fade and the red is now yellow which looks terrible, so I decided to go air to save some cash and a air cooler will work great due to the airflow available

Quote Originally Posted by Zondorf View Post
    Mod closed my thread and told me to post here so I'm just going to copy/paste it over.
    Not a fan of LEDs or similar bells and whistles. The desk looks solid though, good job!

Got some new upgrades

SSD: Samsung 840 250gb (OS and programs) + Samsung 840 500gb (For games)
    HDD: 4 TB WD
    CPU: i7 4790k
    Cooler: Corsair H110 240mm
    Mobo: Asus Maximus VII Hero
    GPU: EVGA 980 GTX
    Memory: Corsair 1866 DDR3 16gb
    Case: Corsair 780T Black
    Monitors: Asus SWIFT ROG PG278Q + Asus VG 248
    Headphones: Astro A40's
    Keyboard: Corsair K70 Red
    Mouse: Steel Series Sensei
    Last edited by IdTheDemon; 2014-10-18 at 02:22 AM.

That last picture is very dark.

But that's okay, because my vision is augmented.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7