Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    That keyboard layout really minds me of like... 15~ years or so back. Man were those old. I never really had issues with keyboard layouts in particular, mostly cause I just keep using it and get used to it.
    At work, we have some pretty ancient keyboards. The boss is really cheap and if it ain't broke..... I bounce from station to station a lot and near every keyboard is different here. Like Remilia said here, just get used to it.

I feel bad that I've transformed the build thread into a "discuss this random 25 year old keyboard" thread.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Monitor: Liyama Prolite E2407 24" 1080p
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V PRO
    Processor: i5 3570k 4.5GHz
    Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
    Hard Drive: 500GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD & 250GB Crucial M4 SSD
    PSU: Corsair TX750 v2
    Video card: MSI GTX 970 4G +140/+400
    Keyboard: Logitech Wave wired
    Mouse: Logitech G400s
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    Computer Case: Coolermaster Stacker 830

10+ Year Old Account
    got a new monitor, Dell U3415w, 34" curved IPS panel, res of 3440x1440

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    got a new monitor, Dell U3415w, 34" curved IPS panel, res of 3440x1440

Gotta get yourself a new background.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And a glass desk. O_o

How do you like the curve?

I've eyed some but I find for the size I don't think it's really required.

Also with quite a few games not natively supporting the resolution (21:9 ratios) that's a drawback too. Like Skyrim...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    And a glass desk. O_o

How do you like the curve?

I've eyed some but I find for the size I don't think it's really required.

Also with quite a few games not natively supporting the resolution (21:9 ratios) that's a drawback too. Like Skyrim...
    i've had the glass desk for years, in fact i think its been in most of my setup pics :P

the curve is awesome, its just enough that you notice it, but subtle enough that it doesn't impact anything, nor do you get any jarring experience switching between it and a flat screen, while its not really necessary, its like a subtle +1 to the experience that just makes it better

the idea behind the size is that its like a mix between two monitors and a single panel, you get a wide screen for multitasking like having two panels, but less desk space is needed and there are no performance hits from running a 2nd screen, physically its like a 27" panel with an extra 4 inches added to each side

i haven't tried skyrim on it yet, honestly i haven't played it in a few months, but otherwise its similar issues to any surround setup, they just aren't' as exaggerated as they are with a triple panel setup making them easier to live with

10+ Year Old Account
    Now answer me this riddle... Why the Dell over the LG?
    "A flower.

Deleted
    asrock z77 ex4 - i5 3570k - GTX670 - 8GB ram - 120GB crucial m4 - 1TB caviar black - fractal r3 - noppoo choc mini - g502
    monitors left to right: XL2411T - GL2460

cables are a little messy
    Last edited by mmocbb3e69c953; 2015-04-08 at 01:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now answer me this riddle... Why the Dell over the LG?
    the stand mostly, but also the style, Dell monitors still have a degree of sharpness to their design that keeps them looking clean and professional

the LG looks like it was styled after a 1950's fridge, the chrome stand is both cheesy and out of place on a modern desktop,

this is something LG seems to always do, great panels, but they suck at designing a practical chassis for their panels that anyone would really want to buy, they typically have a crap stand and no vesa support, so i generally don't even consider them worth looking at as a brand, i'd rather buy one of their panels through another manufacturer like Dell or Apple

10+ Year Old Account
    Trufax.

I am still considering other options... kind of bought the ROG Swift as a down payment. :P

I think G-Sync is really more important on stuff like 4k monitors, where most systems can't drive a smooth 60 fps, so essentially G-Sync will make those lower frame rates look good.

I could take the ROG Swift back tomorrow and get the LG versions... Dell if they get it in stock. >_>

I like 21:9 but still, I really like having something more natively supported. Could just go 4k... :P Or just go for a less expensive but nice IPS 1440p monitor.

And no, the Acer Predator, while nice, is a no. I see where the G-Sync works and frankly for the kinds of games I mostly play, I don't need it on such a resolution, or such high fps really, either.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    And no, the Acer Predator, while nice, is a no. I see where the G-Sync works and frankly for the kinds of games I mostly play, I don't need it on such a resolution, or such high fps really, either.
    i think it depends, if they can get those specs (gsync/144hz) with an IPS display, it will be worth buying, but at this size TN would be horrendously ugly, its why i didn't end up buying the Rog Swift, the crappy color on TN is just not worth the faster response time and faster refresh rate, yes the image is amazingly smooth, but its so ugly and washed out that you won't fully enjoy it, especially with games pushing brighter more vivid colors

the frustrating thing is that IPS can go that fast, just nobody seems to want to R&D it

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, that monitor is like getting socks for christmas as a kid after your parents hyped christmas for a month

WQHD..cool
    144Hz..awesome
    IPS......getting the credit card
    freesync........f*** nevermind

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think it depends, if they can get those specs (gsync/144hz) with an IPS display, it will be worth buying, but at this size TN would be horrendously ugly, its why i didn't end up buying the Rog Swift, the crappy color on TN is just not worth the faster response time and faster refresh rate, yes the image is amazingly smooth, but its so ugly and washed out that you won't fully enjoy it, especially with games pushing brighter more vivid colors

the frustrating thing is that IPS can go that fast, just nobody seems to want to R&D it
    But the new Acer Predator is 1440p, 144Hz, IPS, and with GSYNC at 4ms G2G response times?

It's basically the ROG Swift with an IPS panel, although the glossy look was a bad move.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/UM.HB0AA.001
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824009742 (newegg link since Acer doesn't have the refresh rate listed on their website for some reason)
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2015-04-08 at 06:30 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Why the hate against freesync? It's pretty cool. G-sync still is better, but I mean, that price add-on. I'd still rather freesync.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Why the hate against freesync? It's pretty cool. G-sync still is better, but I mean, that price add-on. I'd still rather freesync.
    because its a reaction, not an innovation, everyone knows how this went at AMD:

"G-sync? if nvidia locks their customers into an ecosystem like apple we're screwed, we need a competitor, devs need make something equivalent right now so we can announce it"

freesync is not innovative, AMD didn't even care about adaptive refresh rate it until nvidia came up with something, why reward them for making nothing more than the "saturday night special" version of gsync

because its a reaction, not an innovation, everyone knows how this went at AMD:

"G-sync? if nvidia locks their customers into an ecosystem like apple we're screwed, we need a competitor, devs need make something equivalent right now so we can announce it"

freesync is not innovative, AMD didn't even care about adaptive refresh rate it until nvidia came up with something, why reward them for making nothing more than the "saturday night special" version of gsync
    I respect your right to have that opinion, but I can't honestly see how it matters. It's something we've had need for for years. Now it shows up. Happy, happy.
    AMD's choice of implementation is better (eg, using less tech and opting away from a daughterboard). It's also an open platform. I don't see how being the first should give you any kind of rewards. It was needed. It was done. nVidia had their head start.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I respect your right to have that opinion, but I can't honestly see how it matters. It's something we've had need for for years. Now it shows up. Happy, happy.
    AMD's choice of implementation is better (eg, using less tech and opting away from a daughterboard). It's also an open platform. I don't see how being the first should give you any kind of rewards. It was needed. It was done. nVidia had their head start.
    I would actually disagree. Gsync while my cost more, works on all fps and has not limitation. I would not say that it is straight out better though, freesync is cheaper.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I would actually disagree. Gsync while my cost more, works on all fps and has not limitation. I would not say that it is straight out better though, freesync is cheaper.
    G-sync theoretically works at all FPS levels. It doesn't actually yet (according to the reviews I've seen). Granted, the span is wider. The technique is better. I will not argue that G-sync is better. But I will reiterate that AMD's choice of implementation is better. Eg, forgoing the daughterboard.
    I would rather see the two techniques merge. Preferrably into Freesync. Or G-sync as shown in mobile platforms.