Decided to get on board the 21:9 train and grabbed a Dell UltraSharp U3415W curved monitor. Should be here Friday from Amazon, now what to do with my Asus 1440p monitor lol, guess I could wall mount it and use it as a secondary.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'd wall, though I am sure you'll be straining your neck.

Frankly, the curved is pretty much just perfect enough. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account

God I miss my desktop computer...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Decided to get on board the 21:9 train and grabbed a Dell UltraSharp U3415W curved monitor. Should be here Friday from Amazon, now what to do with my Asus 1440p monitor lol, guess I could wall mount it and use it as a secondary.
    I wall mounted one of my previous monitors and am truly glad I did. 21:9 is very nice and all but I still end up wanting to full-screen something on that monitor and yet pin MORE stuff somewhere else. No neck strain so far

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    I wall mounted one of my previous monitors and am truly glad I did. 21:9 is very nice and all but I still end up wanting to full-screen something on that monitor and yet pin MORE stuff somewhere else. No neck strain so far
    I want to do something like this but two problems:

1) Parents would kill me for defacing the wall. :P
    2) I'm like 5 feet away from the wall. XD

Probably my best bet for something like this is finally getting an L desk.. which I've been considering. ;o
    "A flower.

Deleted
    So got some upgrades, let me show them off.

First off got a new CPU cooler as I needed it for this build, my H105 got really noisy on the pump, vibrated like mad and just returned it for a full refund, amazon is awesome for this.

Cryorig H5, wanted the ultimate as it came with a standard thicker fan but could not find that sold anywhere in the UK.

But the cooler it self looks awesome and the thin profile fan so far isn't noisy, lot better then a lot other fans especially corsair however Noctua is still better granted they do not have a thin profile fan to compare it to.

The new board it self,

MSI X99 A SLI plus

With the god ugly ram which is a generic crucial ram that I think deltrus is using, 8 gb so far, gonna get another 8gb and get custom heat spreaders and paint them white when I get the chance. Also shows off the mounting kit which if I'm honest is largely ripping off noctua here but thats not a bad thing as it was quite easy and mounting kits for the X99 platform is nothing short of amazing, easiest so far of anything I have installed so far.

Also the chip right there is the intel 5820 K which I am still in the processing of getting the most efficient overclocks.

Heat sink hides away the ugly ram and yes that is a nocua fan at the back, I wanted to still use it and not put it to waste :P, also a reminder that noctua is always on top.

Fitted in, quite happy this time round, made it a bit cleaner this time internally otherwise other parts were as last time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks awesome! And you are right to a degree, I just have 2x8GB sticks. But yeah, frankly, going for the DDR4 with heat spreaders and higher clocks just ups the price BY MILES. It's stupid! You can get 2x8GB of this awesome RAM now for only $110 on Amazon! O_O I remember paying that much for 2x4GB DDR3 1333MHz only 4 years ago. -.-

I really like the cooler though! Super sleek, like, damn. Will be interested to see you post in the CPU Overclocking thread and to see what you get and your temperatures! It's a great CPU for the price, that's for sure.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...g-Leaderboards

- - - Updated - - -

Welp, finally just ordered 2x8GB more DDR4 so as to give you guys a better chance to see inside my computer. It arrives Monday!
    "A flower.

back to the 920/r2gene...think the 8320/killer board got dogged out or something xD running awful....
    8320 4.8ghz/H60
    Asrock 970 Killer
    oced gskill 2000mhz
    WD Blue
    Gigabyte R9 270
    EVGA 600B PSU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Looks awesome! And you are right to a degree, I just have 2x8GB sticks. But yeah, frankly, going for the DDR4 with heat spreaders and higher clocks just ups the price BY MILES. It's stupid! You can get 2x8GB of this awesome RAM now for only $110 on Amazon! O_O I remember paying that much for 2x4GB DDR3 1333MHz only 4 years ago. -.-

I really like the cooler though! Super sleek, like, damn. Will be interested to see you post in the CPU Overclocking thread and to see what you get and your temperatures! It's a great CPU for the price, that's for sure.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...g-Leaderboards

- - - Updated - - -

Welp, finally just ordered 2x8GB more DDR4 so as to give you guys a better chance to see inside my computer. It arrives Monday!
    Cheers ^^, ye the very same type of ram I have bought too, just less capacity which I am looking to get another set of 8 GB end of month but I am looking into aftermarket heatspreaders or ask a metal pressing company to make a basic one which is what I am after more and just paint it white.

Those 'gaming' type ram are just insane on prices however with the overclocking, sticking with a basic 3.8 on all 6 cores, did a 4 ghz prime test and it did not like that so will see what went wrong there and see what I can do, I have seen people do decent clocks before but I do not want to have a static voltage running through, want the stepping up and down volts for idle consumption.

I will most likely do a proper overclock with stress testing with asus real bench which I hear is good/free once I get the new ram and then tune the ram to see if I can slightly overclock those as well.

And ye, those ram in the UK that I bought are slightly less then DDR 3 2x4GB kits as well..... I paid more for my DDR3 2x4 GB kit then this DDR 4 2x4 GB kit.

Overall happy so far, rendering has seen a huge reduction on time and seems ingame recordings is a bit smoother on performance, I seem to be hitting a GPU + HDD bottleneck now which I aim to sort the HDD by getting a raid 0 config in the near future.

Looking forward to seeing the build ^^.

New rig for 3x 42" 4k monitors, big pixels needs big power.

I7 5960x @ 4.7ghz

Rampage V extreme

G.Skill 3000mhz 16gb ddr4

3X Nvidia GTX TITAN X @ 1470/2000

2X 1TB samsung 850 evo SSD

EVGA 1600w psu

caselabs S8

In the process of taking final pics of the build so please excuse any dust/bad lighting for now, still practicing with this new camera.

full build log here - http://www.overclock.net/t/1545155/build-log-mordhaus

if anyone is interested

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit.

​I'll be interested in more pictures but this looks great so far!
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post

God I miss my desktop computer...
    Ft Sam? :O

Holy shit.

​I'll be interested in more pictures but this looks great so far!

glad you like it

just fine tuning things really right now. Getting cables lined up perfectly and polishing the stainless steel tubing so there arent any fingerprints etc. After that its time to play with the lighting in the photo area a bit more and hopefully i can get some good pics out.

Finally got around to cleaning things up after re-arranging the whole room and putting in the new PSU & HDD so figured I would get some new pics.

Case with the lovely dust-catching mesh

Guts

And the desk minus all the packing/shipping crap that got put on a new shelf
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    Finally got around to cleaning things up after re-arranging the whole room and putting in the new PSU & HDD so figured I would get some new pics.
    Unless you can remove that mesh you will hate it.

Deleted
    Decent setups, that keyboard is from corsair?

10+ Year Old Account
    Old Corsair SP2500 speakers died, it was a sad day...but I finally decided to get Mackie CR4's to replace them.

Bass isn't as amazing (obviously) due to lacking that gigantic sub, but everything else is quite nice
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Unless you can remove that mesh you will hate it.
    I just wipe it off with a towel like twice a month and it stays pretty clean until I go through and spray-dust everything to get most of the dust out.

Quote Originally Posted by sebrid View Post
    Decent setups, that keyboard is from corsair?
    Mine? It's a Raptor K30 so yes
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Studio monitors are duh best.

Subs are meh. :P
    "A flower.

Studio monitors are duh best.

Subs are meh. :P
    Studio monitors with a sub though. I love my Audioengine A5's with the S8 sub combo. Studio monitors are awesome though. So much better than having to wear headphones. I find myself only wearing my headphones when I'm playing games that need the directional audio like shooters.
    Desktop: i7 6700k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 1080ti Gaming X | EVGA Classified K | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V @ 3200MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) Micron 2TB SSD (Games) | Seasonic 750W Titanium | Corsair 750D | Acer x34 Predator Benq PD3200U
    HIDevolution NP9877 Laptop: Delidded i7 8700k @ 4.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 1080 | 16GB G.Skill @ 2946MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) 2x 500GB SSDs (Games) | 1440p 120HZ GSync Display