10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Upgraded to dual monitors for the first time in my life. Left is my new IPS 1440P, right is the old TN 1080p. Didn't realize how washed out the TN was until they were side by side.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/zFidBuy.jpg[IMG]
    Your camera doesn't like the lighting in that room at all.

But yeah, TNs have shit colour accuracy, if you care in any way about that, don't buy a TN.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Your camera doesn't like the lighting in that room at all.
    It's the phone, an old LG V20 that I refuse to replace because the battery is removable. None of the pictures anywhere look particularly good.

Just finished the new Rig today.

GTX 2080
    I9-9980 (Ready for WoW Classic)
    16 gb

Huge shout out to Pitpit from Malganis who built it for me Much Love!

Last edited by Stormbreed; 2019-08-26 at 12:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post

GTX 2080
    24 GB

[IMG]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/270252129069957120/615234397511352333/unknown.png[IMG]
    Looking at that rig, it doesn't look like a 9980. It uses the X399 chipset, which has 8 RAM slots, 4 on either side of the CPU, you only have them on the right side. And I can't find any Gigabyte x299 or x399 boards that have a chipset cooler that looks like that
    Also 24gb of RAM is unlikely with 2 dimms, since there doesn't, to my knowledge, exist any 12gb sticks. That is, unless you're adding together the system RAM and the VRAM (16gb system ram, and 8gb VRAM). But those two don't combine.

Looks nice though

Looking at that rig, it doesn't look like a 9980. It uses the X399 chipset, which has 8 RAM slots, 4 on either side of the CPU, you only have them on the right side. And I can't find any Gigabyte x299 or x399 boards that have a chipset cooler that looks like that
    Also 24gb of RAM is unlikely with 2 dimms, since there doesn't, to my knowledge, exist any 12gb sticks. That is, unless you're adding together the system RAM and the VRAM (16gb system ram, and 8gb VRAM). But those two don't combine.

Looks nice though
    Yeah a lot of people make that mistakes with custom orders. Thanks man

10+ Year Old Account

Looks nice though
    "quickly" adding: There's also no dGPU in that system, might've been removed for the picture, but.. Seems like a lot of effort for something that doesn't really matter? Especially since the monitor is on, which means it's been plugged into the iGPU as well (Of which the 9980 also doesn't have any, I think?
    Yeah a lot of people make that mistakes with custom orders. Thanks man
    What mistake?

GTX 2080....... Where?
    I9-9980 (Ready for WoW Classic). Thats not a x299 board and Gigabyte has no x299 boards that looks like that GigabyteX299
    24 GB

Either you are trying to troll os or you got screwed hard
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Dude....
    Your pc looks sick.
    I mean they even sniped it as the cover photo on this https://www.facebook.com/gamingdesktopoman/
    You should ask them to remove your pic man

Quote Originally Posted by Micfeind View Post
    Dude....
    Your pc looks sick.
    I mean they even sniped it as the cover photo on this https://www.facebook.com/gamingdesktopoman/
    You should ask them to remove your pic man
    I think that corsair have used that picture on their Facebook to. I just couldnt remember where i had seen that picture before
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account

GTX 2080
    16 gb

And now he's changed the picture and the amount of RAM he has..

This is fun, any guesses where he got this one? Looks like a prebuilt, probably from ASUS or Dell? Neither of which sell a 9980 pre-built

This is fun, any guesses where he got this one? Looks like a prebuilt, probably from ASUS or Dell? Neither of which sell a 9980 pre-built
    Looks like a picture from a store. That wall is not something you see other places then in stores

Yeah he just went into a store took a pic and uploaded it,

So went from this;

To this

Specs

Intel 5820K
    Msi X99 SLI plus
    16 GB of ram in quad channel

AMD 5700XT reference

Cooler is a cryorig H5 universal

Case is the Phanteks p600s

about 4 SSDs and 1x 2TB HDD

Up top

Philips 328E9FJAB 32 inch monitor

basic logic tech wireless keyboard

Razer tartarus

Steelseries sensei 310

samson go mic

10+ Year Old Account
    The 5700xt reference design is god awful..
    But it looks nice. I'll never understand the cut out in the shroud though. It's only really useful if you have a screen on your PSU, or if you spend stupid money on one.

Also I'd probably replace the keyboard, but I personally cannot stand membrane keyboards, they make me feel like I'm typing on mush.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoriangun View Post
    AMD 5700XT reference
    Card is good but blower cooler is godawful. If you can, invest in an aftermarket cooler that will make temps and performance much better for a small price.

Also my OCD is triggered with the non-matching CPU cooler fans
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Card is good but blower cooler is godawful. If you can, invest in an aftermarket cooler that will make temps and performance much better for a small price.

i bet it all just works fine. cold kill is making a fuss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    i bet it all just works fine. cold kill is making a fuss.
    No, the stock cooler for the 5700xt is hot garbage.

The 5700xt reference design is god awful..
    But it looks nice. I'll never understand the cut out in the shroud though. It's only really useful if you have a screen on your PSU, or if you spend stupid money on one.

Also I'd probably replace the keyboard, but I personally cannot stand membrane keyboards, they make me feel like I'm typing on mush.
    Well in terms of running games at 75 Hz which is my monitor cap, its actually fine, my built in speakers from my monitor actually kills any noise coming from the tower, I don't run benchmarks nor run games over 100 FPS at high and above settings otherwise I agree with you on that front but it does look nice .

Yeah, I got the case cos everything else is nice about it, not fussed about that cut out being there though.

Well I have the tartarus to game with so the keyboard is basically null here, its wireless so that I can clean the desk easier but yeah, mech boards are nicer to type on (to which I don't actually type much day to day on my computer funny enough).

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post

Haha, well I've own these fans and they ain't cheap, I am making sure they get used .

It looks more like a prebuilt PC from 2005.