Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Just finished the new Rig today.

GTX 2080
    I9-9980 (Ready for WoW Classic)
    16 gb

Huge shout out to Pitpit from Malganis who built it for me Much Love!
    Lying is bad, mkay?
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

15+ Year Old Account
    Got no real pics but I dismantled my ASUS Maximus X Code build and went for a mITX build instead for now in preparation for larger upgrade later down the line with ATX again.

Specs:

Cubitek Mini-Tank (filled with 2 x Noctua Redux 1200RPM PWM fans 140mm and 1 x 120mm)
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I Gaming
    Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4,7GHz (MCE only basically)
    Cryorig M9i CPU Cooler
    G.Skill Trident Z 16GB DDR4-3600 CL15
    Samsung EVO 850 mSATA SSD (converted to SATA, had one lying about)
    ASUS DVD Burner, something something DRW241 orso, need this for work.
    Corsair AX760i Platinum PSU
    ASUS ROG STRIX Radeon RX 5700 XT
    Logitech G500 mouse with all weights filled
    Corsair Gaming K95 RGB Keyboard
    Edifier R1280DB Speakers (as soon as I find the actual physical space for it)
    2 x GigaByte Aorus AD27QD screens
    Corsair Gaming HS2100 Wireless headset
    Logitech C920 Webcam

Most important of all is ... NO RGB VOMIT! (turned that shit right off!)

Why the GPU? My MSI Radeon R9 390X died on me, was considering 2080 Ti but ... yeah I find it hard to give out € 1400,- for 1 GFX card., and I got a killer discount on the GPU as it was a promotion so easy choice for me on that one.
    The case is an old and rare one, I like the looks but there's deffo better cases on the market, I just had this as a collector's item.
    There are deffo 2 custom made matte black acrylic side panels coming for the case with a proper cut-out and filtration for GPU.

Got no innard shots (honestly just forgot about it when building and taking this apart is a massive pain, so not doing that) ... nothing truly bling-bling but functional.

The rest of my kit is prepared for my modded Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX build when that's ready.
    "A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of fucks I do not give."
    - Kirito, Sword Art Online Abridged by Something Witty Entertainment

Finally managed to have enough time to build in the O11 Dynamic! Here's the end result (won't post specs as they didn't change from last time - it's literally moving the system on another case). Not super satisfied with GPU cables but nothing i cannot fix with more combs. Cable management on the backside is both abysmal (there's literally next to zero stuff) and awesome (i didn't cable manage anything, apply SSD plave and voilà! everything disappeared).

Case is awesome - i have already plans for it in a few years when i'm gonna redo the system, like a dual custom loop (because i find it simpler to manage and build, also being it hella expensive i can buy stuff over time XD).

EDIT: lights are not final. i'm experimenting with colors and stuff - i have a red/white profile, a green/purple and now i want to do a blue/yellow.

Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-10-11 at 07:39 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Case is awesome - i have already plans for it in a few years when i'm gonna redo the system, like a dual custom loop (because i find it simpler to manage and build, also being it hella expensive i can buy stuff over time XD).
    I can understand it being simpler to plan, but to build? With 2 loops you'll need 2 pump/res units, which means you'll need more space and more fittings, so there's more complexity (and points of failure).
    That said, dual loops can look way better if you do different dyes in each.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I can understand it being simpler to plan, but to build? With 2 loops you'll need 2 pump/res units, which means you'll need more space and more fittings, so there's more complexity (and points of failure).
    That said, dual loops can look way better if you do different dyes in each.
    I don't like colored coolants becaus ethey tend to gunk - im gonna go clear. RGB makes up for the rest. As for more complexity, i get the tradeoff of being able to disassemble the one that has issues without impacting the other. Space is plenty in the case, two pump/reservoirs, two rads and then it's done.

HOwever we'll talk about this in a few years XD

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like colored coolants becaus ethey tend to gunk - im gonna go clear. RGB makes up for the rest. As for more complexity, i get the tradeoff of being able to disassemble the one that has issues without impacting the other. Space is plenty in the case, two pump/reservoirs, two rads and then it's done.

HOwever we'll talk about this in a few years XD
    Yeah, sure.

I'm probably also going to do dual-loops in one case in a few years, but that'll be for a dual-system case, and I'll probably do coloured liquid for prettiness factor.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, sure.

I'm probably also going to do dual-loops in one case in a few years, but that'll be for a dual-system case, and I'll probably do coloured liquid for prettiness factor.
    Have any of you tried custom loops with hard tubes? I still thinking about going full custom with GPU and CPU on a 360mm RAD and i want to do it with hard tubes, because soft tubes just looks to doll to me. But it just looks like something i will fuck up many, many times, before a get a good result.

So if any of you have tried to work with them. Are they hard to work with or do you just need a couple of tries to get it right?.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Have any of you tried custom loops with hard tubes? I still thinking about going full custom with GPU and CPU on a 360mm RAD and i want to do it with hard tubes, because soft tubes just looks to doll to me. But it just looks like something i will fuck up many, many times, before a get a good result.

So if any of you have tried to work with them. Are they hard to work with or do you just need a couple of tries to get it right?.
    Haven't tried, but am interested as well.
    From what research I've done it's just an extra hassle, more so than something you'll break. That said, you'll need extra hardware for bending or a ton of fittings

Yeah, sure.

Given the shape and space of the case, the idea was to have a rad on top + pump/reservoir on the back (just above the der8auer plate) for the CPU loop, then the second rad vertical where the 3 fans are and the pump/reservoir attached to the bottom of the case as there's plenty of fan mounts there for the GPU.

I'll just keep it as simple as possible, with just the minimal amount of bends needed. Also, while high end GPUs are big as hell, once you remove the fat air coolers the actual PCB is much shorted and you gain a lot of free space, so everything should fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given the shape and space of the case, the idea was to have a rad on top + pump/reservoir on the back (just above the der8auer plate) for the CPU loop, then the second rad vertical where the 3 fans are and the pump/reservoir attached to the bottom of the case as there's plenty of fan mounts there for the GPU.

I'll just keep it as simple as possible, with just the minimal amount of bends needed. Also, while high end GPUs are big as hell, once you remove the fat air coolers the actual PCB is much shorted and you gain a lot of free space, so everything should fit.
    Yeah that should work if you can mount the first pump/res there. I got the non-dynamic version and have my pump/res on top of the right slot on the bottom rad. Just depending on what blocks you get, you might have a but of clearance issue still if they didn't widen the case.

15+ Year Old Account
    Haven't tried, but am interested as well.
    From what research I've done it's just an extra hassle, more so than something you'll break. That said, you'll need extra hardware for bending or a ton of fittings
    Been looking at these parts. Haven't decided on fittings yet, because there are a million of them, so i need to decided on the colors of the fittings.
    EK - COOLSTREAM PE 360 (TRIPLE)
    EKWB EK-XRES 140 REVO D5 RGB PWM (INCL. SL. PUMP)
    EKWB EK-VELOCITY RGB - PLEXI + NICKEL
    EKWB EK-VECTOR RTX 2080 RGB - PLEXI + NICKEL
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Been looking at these parts. Haven't decided on fittings yet, because there are a million of them, so i need to decided on the colors of the fittings.
    EK - COOLSTREAM PE 360 (TRIPLE)
    EKWB EK-XRES 140 REVO D5 RGB PWM (INCL. SL. PUMP)
    EKWB EK-VELOCITY RGB - PLEXI + NICKEL
    EKWB EK-VECTOR RTX 2080 RGB - PLEXI + NICKEL
    Yeah, EK is nice. I like their stuff.

For fittings, EK are also fine, but Bitpheonix seems to be the best from what I've heard around the web.

PC1 - VR pc / vive pro wireless
    [GPU] - RTX Titan x2 (sli)
    [CPU] - Intel Core i9-9900K @ 5Ghz
    [Keyboard] - Razer Anansi
    [Mainboard] - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO
    [Mouse] - Razer naga
    [Headset] - corsair arctis pro
    [RAM] - 64GB DDR4 3600MHz
    [Monitor] - 3 types of them / Samsung Double QHD CRG9 Series Curved 49-Inch Gaming Monitor
    [M.2 Drive] Samsung 970 EVO Plus Series 1.0TB x2
    [Case] Thermaltake View 71 Snow
    [PSU] EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 80+ Platinum
    [Connection] - 480Mbps Down / 22Mbps Up

PC2 - None VR games mostly / vive wired
    [GPU] - RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 x2 (sli)
    [CPU] - AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @ 4.35Ghz
    [Keyboard] - G19 Logitech
    [Mainboard] - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Ultra
    [Mouse] - Logitech G600
    [Headset] - corsair arctis pro
    [RAM] - 32GB DDR4 3333MHz
    [Monitor] - 4 types of them /Samsung Double QHD CRG9 Series Curved 49-Inch Gaming Monitor
    [M.2 Drive] Samsung 970 EVO Plus Series 1.0TB x2
    [Solid State Drive] - Intel SSD 660p Series 1.0TB
    [Case] Thermaltake View 71 Snow
    [PSU] EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 80+ Platinum
    [Connection] - 480Mbps Down / 22Mbps Up
    Last edited by firex; 2019-10-14 at 09:21 PM.
    Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

For fittings, EK are also fine, but Bitpheonix seems to be the best from what I've heard around the web.
    I'm looking at watercooling brands around - but everything is super expensive (not that i didn't expect that). However Freezemod/Bysky (ro whatever it's written) seem to be repiutable brands for quite a difference in price. Bysky in specific basically does any kind of GPU waterblock i can conceive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking at watercooling brands around - but everything is super expensive (not that i didn't expect that). However Freezemod/Bysky (ro whatever it's written) seem to be repiutable brands for quite a difference in price. Bysky in specific basically does any kind of GPU waterblock i can conceive.
    Yeah, Bykski are pretty decent, but shipping times seem to be the big sticking factor last I checked it out, but they are a good bet if you want to get into the custom watercooling market for "cheap".

Also they just, subjectively, don't look as good as some other manufacturers.

My current loop cost me 930 euro, not including shipping, so let's just round up and say 1000 euro total. Add a couple hours of assembly, many hours of research, and so on..
    I'd honestly suggest not to do for any reason other than wanting to. It's expensive, time consuming, and if you plan on selling your system you'll need to undo all the work (though you can re-use a lot of components for the next system)

I'd honestly suggest not to do for any reason other than wanting to. It's expensive, time consuming, and if you plan on selling your system you'll need to undo all the work (though you can re-use a lot of components for the next system)
    That's exactly my point. I know i WANT to do it. It will be harder to mantain and selling the system is not considered right now. SO it's only for me for looks and to get experience in another thing at enthusiast level.

The only thing i'm really worried about is price. Reason why i want to do dual loop - it's more expensive but i can do them in different times, and upgrading the system is going to be easier as i can fiddle with a single one fo them instead of the whole pc.

Planning it will be the crucial part obviously, but if i do that well then future mtasks will be simpler. Anyway it's not something i'm doing for my current build.

Its not the best but

Asus z270-a
    32gb ram 3000hz
    Asus ROG gtx 1660ti
    I5-7600k

Steel series m750 keyboard
    Steelseries qck prism xl mousepad
    Logitech g600 mouse

2x dell 27" freesync monitor

I dont have a problem playing most games at max settings in 1080p at 70-75fps so im pretty happy with it.

15+ Year Old Account

You meen Bitspower? They are really expensive, so i think i will stay with EK for fittings

10+ Year Old Account
    Current: i5 7600, 16GB, 1066, EVO 750 500GB.

My dream machine: W-2265, 4x2933 8GB, RTX 4000, 905P 960GB. Costs a fortune, though...

10+ Year Old Account
    You meen Bitspower? They are really expensive, so i think i will stay with EK for fittings
    Yes, I did mean bitspower.. No idea where I got bitpheonix from

I'm using EK fittings as well though, since they're markedly cheaper than other options out there, and I haven't had any issues